HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Easton Sakic vs Bauer p92

Old
12-04-2011, 10:01 PM
RedAce

vCash: 500
Easton Sakic vs Bauer p92

Well for many years now i have used easton stick with the Sakic pattern LH.
Now i am very interested in getting a Bauer totalone stick with the P92 pattern blade.
Has anyone here also gone from a sakic to p92? If yes what are the differences?

Here is one of my biggest questions,, the Sakic is listed as a 5.5 lie the P92 comes in a 6 lie or a 5 lie. which one should i get? Which one would be closest to the Sakic?

Any idea's or thoughts or personal experiences please let me know

ThanX

RedAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Kulluminati

I had been using Easton sticks for years until last month when I bought the Bauer Vapor APX, and after a little research turns out the P92 6 lie is the Sakic clone, do not choose the P92L5. I feel no difference between the P92 and my old stick with the Sakic curve.

Last edited by Kulluminati: 12-05-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Kulluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:06 AM
vapor11

I have a Sakic Synergy and a Supreme one20 P92 6 lie and I would say they are similiar

vapor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:49 AM
ponder

Curves tend to change slightly over the years, these two curves used to be a bit different AFAIK, but if you compare them now they're essentially identical. I've compared the P92 lie 6 to the Easton Sakic closely in store, and they're as close as two curves are ever gonna get, agreed with the other posters that you should consider them to be the same curve, especially in their newest versions.

To add to that, the Warrior Kopitar (which is listed as a 5 lie) is also basically identical to these two curves. It's a little confusing, because the Kopitar is listed as a 5 lie, the Hall/Sakic a 5.5 lie, and the P92 a 6 lie, but the different companies just measure lie differently, the lies/rockers of all 3 curves are the same in real life.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:34 AM
RedAce

WOW thank you guys so much for all your help!!! I really do appreciate it.
any other thoughts or comments would be great and those that have used Easton and switched to the total one how do you like the feel of the stick?

RedAce

RedAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:18 AM
hyster110

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAce View Post
WOW thank you guys so much for all your help!!! I really do appreciate it.
any other thoughts or comments would be great and those that have used Easton and switched to the total one how do you like the feel of the stick?

RedAce
for the total one, i much prefer the feel of the old one95, great stick, the total one on the other hand just doesn;t feel the same, blade doesn't feel as responsive, and the flex profile feels different, but compared to easton they are night and day better feel than both the EQ50 and the RS. the spiral tac around the shaft is nice to

hyster110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

P92 6 lie and Easton Sakic/Hall are so close you shouldn't notice after warmups.

I prefer Bauer because the blade life seems to be a lot better than Easton.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Ozz

Funny, I always used a blade similar to the P92 (or the P92 itself) and recently picked up a backup stick with a Sakic curve.

I prefer the P92 as the smaller curve allows me to place my wristers better, as well as get off rocket backhands. The Sakic style curve lets me take heavier shots though. I've been switching between the two every other shift lately to help me get used to it, and I pretty much don't notice the difference anymore.

As far as lie goes, they're so close that to me it isn't even noticeable.

Ozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:07 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Funny, I always used a blade similar to the P92 (or the P92 itself) and recently picked up a backup stick with a Sakic curve.

I prefer the P92 as the smaller curve allows me to place my wristers better, as well as get off rocket backhands. The Sakic style curve lets me take heavier shots though. I've been switching between the two every other shift lately to help me get used to it, and I pretty much don't notice the difference anymore.

As far as lie goes, they're so close that to me it isn't even noticeable.
How old is your P92? New-ish P92s, at least, are not really smaller curves than a Sakic/Hall, they're basically identical in terms of depth, shape, rocker, blade length, lie, everything. If you compare them side by side, with the shafts perfectly square to one another, do they actually look different?

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 04:40 PM
tawheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
How old is your P92? New-ish P92s, at least, are not really smaller curves than a Sakic/Hall, they're basically identical in terms of depth, shape, rocker, blade length, lie, everything. If you compare them side by side, with the shafts perfectly square to one another, do they actually look different?
How different would the P92 Lie 5 be vs the Sakic/Hall? I also have a CCM U+ CS with Ovechkin pattern which feels close to the Easton.

tawheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 06:44 PM
AIREAYE

lol it would have a lower lie in addition to the other perceived differences between the two.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

The lie 5 will be just a hair lower in lie. It's not a big difference.

Old
08-05-2013, 12:28 PM
masshky

Would most agree that the Bauer P92/Easton Hall (Sakic) is the highest-lie pattern commonly sold at retail??

I just bought a RBK P87A/Crosby with the impression that it was a clone, but the lie is definitely lower than my previous P92.

masshky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Don't know about the absolute highest, but it's up there. Lidstrom to me seems a bit higher.