HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

St. Lawrence in trouble

Old
11-07-2011, 04:37 PM
skatesharpener

vCash: 500
St. Lawrence in trouble

The Saints are off to a terrible start. Looks like the defence is brutal. Any other problems?

skatesharpener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
They have put together a good stretch of games up until tonight, problem being they can't get Weninger enough offensive support. Greg Carey who was a monster last year has had trouble getting going, and the loss of Aaron Bogosian may have something to do with it.

End of the year I think they'll finish middle of the standings and compete for the top 4, but will likely end up in 6th or 7th place. Best we can hope for is a home playoff series.

12-04-2011, 12:41 PM
CrazyEddie20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
They have put together a good stretch of games up until tonight, problem being they can't get Weninger enough offensive support. Greg Carey who was a monster last year has had trouble getting going, and the loss of Aaron Bogosian may have something to do with it.

End of the year I think they'll finish middle of the standings and compete for the top 4, but will likely end up in 6th or 7th place. Best we can hope for is a home playoff series.
It's been a while since I've been up to SLU, but are they having trouble getting kids into school? I know the academic standards there have really shot up over the past 15 years.

CrazyEddie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie20 View Post
It's been a while since I've been up to SLU, but are they having trouble getting kids into school? I know the academic standards there have really shot up over the past 15 years.
They have been letting a ton in to try to stay competitive, so much so that all of the lounges have become quads and all offices have been converted into living space.

But Joe Marsh (who is having medical problems, on leave this year) has enormous gravity in the recruitment process, and he aims largely for character guys. For a tiny school that already has difficulty landing top-end talent, that narrows the field a bit.

Of the guys they have right now, George Hughes, Kyle Flanagan, and Greg Carey are the ones that stand out. Drewiske is a great leader and likely future AHLer, and the freshmen are too early to judge on.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:56 PM
nnynetpotato

Watched the second NMU game Thanksgiving weekend.The skating's fine,but no physical presence and some difficulty w/ learning the offensive system Greg Carvel's installing means they'll go as Weninger goes.

nnynetpotato is offline   Reply With Quote