HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Calling Mr. Shanahan!

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Darth Bangkok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
When you look at the tweet, click over the time. When you click it, a new window will open with a link to that direct tweet.
Oooooh, got it! Thank you! I was clicking everything else and the tweet was moving to the column on the right instead.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:11 PM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

This is Mr. Shannahan....Mr. Fistric, would you come to my office please....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=604792

Old
12-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Darth Bangkok

Does "hearing" mean its in person ?

Old
12-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Toujin

I hope Shanny brings the thunder, and slaps a mighty Shanaban on this punk. If I were him, I'd be hoping for a Shanaban, because I sincerely doubt he wants to face the music when the Stars come to LI.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:40 PM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

Dont know if hearing is "in person" over the phone, involves his coach, mother, father or anyone in between...he is getting the hearing, which is what we wanted.

My prediction — 2 games, maybe 3. I dont know if Fistric is a repeater — if he is, then it could be 4 or 5 games.

But if I have to guess — 2 games at best.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:55 PM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
although i certainly understand being upset about a top prospect going down i cant fully understand the demand for suspension and all of the league bias complaints. After watching the hit a couple of times the only thing i can see being reviewed is the fact that he left his feet. If he hadnt left his feet there is absolutely no reason to review this hit any further. As for the Islander bias argumanet...cmon you're better than that. Yes gillies wouldnt been tared and feathered but the repeat offender scrutiny has been going on forever it has nothing to do with the islanders.

The coaches should be more concerned with the player eyeballing the puck in the neutral zone, thats a sure fire way to get killed in the NHL. Hopefully he learns from it...if he remembers it

I for one strongly disagree with the contention that hits like this have no business being in hockey. The day someone doesnt get tuned up skating with his head down in the NHL is the day i start watching the NBA instead.
as long as the nhl allows players to target the head (even if the other player also played a part in this), talented people will have long concussion related injuries. As this is not what the nhl wants to be about, hits to the head will be punished very severely. I think its the only resolute way to go...of course change isnt always all positive, but it helps me to think about the reasons for the change.

Should I be wrong (as I dont know especially much about hockey and less about the nhl) please let me know

Old
12-05-2011, 02:00 PM
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User

Fistric Hearing Tues.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=604792

Dallas Stars defenseman Mark Fistric will have a disciplinary hearing Tuesday stemming from his hit Saturday on New York Islanders forward Nino Niederreiter.

At 6:08 of the first period, Niederreiter was carrying the puck along the boards in the neutral zone when Fistric stepped up and hit Niederreiter into the boards.

Fistric was given a two-minute minor for roughing.

The Stars next play Thursday in San Jose.

Old
12-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Isles Junkie

He should get 3 games. might only get 2. But it wouldn't even surprise me if he didn't get any.

Old
12-05-2011, 02:06 PM
scott99

I'm actually hoping it's only 2 or 3 games, so someone can beat the living daylights out of him Dec 15th. I want Haley or Gillies to make him pay the price. Justice hockey style !

Old
12-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Toujin

Good...good...

Here's to hoping Shanny brings down the swift hammer of justice for Nino!

Old
12-05-2011, 02:13 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujin View Post
I hope Shanny brings the thunder, and slaps a mighty Shanaban on this punk. If I were him, I'd be hoping for a Shanaban, because I sincerely doubt he wants to face the music when the Stars come to LI.
haha what?
one thing thats fairly evident is that there is not a single player, coach, trainer or mascot who is intimidated by coming to the NVMC. Perhaps the fear of contracting hepititus or the phantom groin/hammy monster attacking being the only real physical concern there. lets not get crazy now.

Old
12-05-2011, 02:24 PM
StuDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
haha what?
one thing thats fairly evident is that there is not a single player, coach, trainer or mascot who is intimidated by coming to the NVMC. Perhaps the fear of contracting hepititus or the phantom groin/hammy monster attacking being the only real physical concern there. lets not get crazy now.
I'm not saying it's right or wrong or whatever, but I think he wasn't talking about the NVMC. I think he was referring to when Gillies and Haley and Martin beat the crap out of the Penguins. Just my two cents here, Georgie. And yes, I'm sure Dallas has some goons too and your dad can beat up my dad.

Old
12-05-2011, 02:25 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
as long as the nhl allows players to target the head (even if the other player also played a part in this), talented people will have long concussion related injuries. As this is not what the nhl wants to be about, hits to the head will be punished very severely. I think its the only resolute way to go...of course change isnt always all positive, but it helps me to think about the reasons for the change.

Should I be wrong (as I dont know especially much about hockey and less about the nhl) please let me know
i agree with you to a point, considering concussions are a relatively new and significant problem in the NHL and the fact that the medical community really is just getting started on trying to figure it all out. That said, im a long time hockey fan and the last thing i want to see if physicality taken out of the game. As bad as it sounds, if it means players getting thier bells rung here and there in order to keep the game played the way its supposed to be played...so be it. Players in major contact sports understand the risk they take and theyre paid handsomely to take that risk. I maintain taht bettmans "new NHL" has given these kids a false sense of security, you didnt see this many guys skating with thier heads down in the nuetral zone when guys like scott stevens were on patrol. If Gary wants to open up the game, increase scoring, cut down the clutching and grabbing, this is bound to happen...unfortunately.

Old
12-05-2011, 02:36 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
I bet it's a fine.

Old
12-05-2011, 02:49 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuDog View Post
I'm not saying it's right or wrong or whatever, but I think he wasn't talking about the NVMC. I think he was referring to when Gillies and Haley and Martin beat the crap out of the Penguins. Just my two cents here, Georgie. And yes, I'm sure Dallas has some goons too and your dad can beat up my dad.
im fully aware that he wasnt talking about the NVMC, however if i was aplayer i'd be more concerned with whtas in that building that i would any repurcussions on the ice lol...just sayin. and naw, my dad's a ***** so you win lol

Old
12-05-2011, 03:22 PM
TennesseeJedd

Where is this video of Nino looking at the puck or having his head down that I keep hearing about? Take off the Hawk colored glasses and look at the clip again, this time look at where Nino's head is looking. That's right, right at the oncoming FISTer, if the head wasn't targeted none of this would even be a discussion and Nino certainly would not have been concussed.

Funny how when all hope of winning an arguement is lost fans fall back on the blame the victim route. Likewise when all hope is lost in argueing that the hit wasn't dirty, fans fall back to accusing those who were right of wanting the hitting taken out of hockey. It is like argueing with my 13 year old nephew, knows everything about nothing.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:31 PM
TennesseeJedd

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
On your sensible logic, I call for a disbanding of the AHL.
Nino is ready, and didn't look outta place and we shouldn't be careful. It's free love time on the Isle! Come on, baby, get some NHL luvin.

Nino is not ready. The Isles could be cautious or they could continue to appease the "he's done everything he can at **** level" crowd AGAIN!

Meanwhile, Detroit and their overwhelming diligence in not rushing KIDS is a powerhouse and their kids are awesome. Nino? We're gonna have an ITV miniseries where four young guys room at Brett Lindros' house unable to pay their bills because they all did all they could at the lower levels.

It's silly.

He's a prized prospect and the team stinks so WHY RUSH HIM TO DUTY THIS EARLY?

*cap hit*
What are you taking about?? Are you that upset that someone took your arguement to town that you you reply with incoherent babble?

Comparing the Islanders situation to Detroits, NOW THERE's A WINNING THOUGHT PROCESS. LMFAO.

I'll say it one more time for you slowly....Nino.....has.....only.....played.....6.....games ......this.....season

I'm not going to even bother replying to your ramblings in this thread anymore, you are doing a great job of losing the discussion on your own. There is an old saying about giving a guy enough rope and he'll hang himself with it, well you also tied your feet,hands and gagged yourself, OKAY THEN, Fantastic.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I'm actually hoping it's only 2 or 3 games, so someone can beat the living daylights out of him Dec 15th. I want Haley or Gillies to make him pay the price. Justice hockey style !
I'm with ya on that one. Check out the GDT on the Stars board, talk about tunnel vision.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Renbarg

I didn't see an elbow to the head (although that's debatable), nor did he jump to hit him. It was a clean hit, Nino had his head down though and only looked up at the last second.

Old
12-05-2011, 04:19 PM
TeamKidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
I didn't see an elbow to the head (although that's debatable), nor did he jump to hit him. It was a clean hit, Nino had his head down though and only looked up at the last second.
his feet ended up about 2 feet in the air, how can you say that?

and as far as i understand it, this year you are not allowed to target the head....and whether he intended it or not, his arm went straight into ninos head...which i gather, having had one called against the isles already, is a blow to the head penalty, at the minimum.

he should absolutely be suspended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoJj0YW4MU8

look at that video. go to 47 seconds, watch it over and over...you can see clearly two things....first, his elbow directly on nino's head, which immediatly whips backwards as his elbow is thrown to the boards....and simultaneously, his feet like 2 feet in the air. its clear as day.

Last edited by TeamKidd: 12-05-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old
12-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Symon Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Just like the beating the Isles gave Cammerlari (sp) after he slashed Niño in an exhibition game. I wouldn't hold my breathe

Old
12-05-2011, 05:25 PM
ledzep1212
COYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon Asher View Post
Just like the beating the Isles gave Cammerlari (sp) after he slashed Niño in an exhibition game. I wouldn't hold my breathe
No, he means like the beating they gave Talbot, and the Pens for the hit on Comeau.

Old
12-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Symon Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzep1212 View Post
No, he means like the beating they gave Talbot, and the Pens for the hit on Comeau.
It's not happening unless Gillies and Haley are both in the lineup.
I am still awaiting the following beat downs:
Head shot to JT by Dion P
Elbow to head of JT by Jovo
Boarding by Pronger on JT loses tooth
Head shot to Hammer by Kaleta
Montoya being run over by an 18 year old hurts hamstring

Old
12-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

I want him to be suspended just to shut up some of those homers on the Dallas board and those on the thread on the main NHL page.

I see some Isles fans being definite in what they saw about an elbow.
I see some Isles fans saying, "I'm not too sure."

I see Dallas fans calling it a clean hit.
I don't see Dallas fans on the fence...

I want to throw it into their face.

(Yes, I'm having a bad day.)

Old
12-05-2011, 07:02 PM
ledzep1212
COYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon Asher View Post
It's not happening unless Gillies and Haley are both in the lineup.
I am still awaiting the following beat downs:
Head shot to JT by Dion P
Elbow to head of JT by Jovo
Boarding by Pronger on JT loses tooth
Head shot to Hammer by Kaleta
Montoya being run over by an 18 year old hurts hamstring
Right, because they are supposed to respond after every ****ing cheapshot? Get the **** out of here with this ********.

Closed Thread