HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrick O'Sullivan Waived by Coyotes

Old
12-05-2011, 07:39 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

vCash: 500
No!No!No!

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It's funny how often his name comes up any time he's on waivers or becomes available. Isn't it rather telling that he's been through Minnesota, LA, Edmonton, Carolina, Phoenix, not to mention countless other minor league clubs, and he can't stick anywhere?
You almost could say the same thing about your man crush Kyle Wellwood

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
You almost could say the same thing about your man crush Kyle Wellwood
He's still a better option that if you combined Ethan Moreau and Trent Hunter into one player. I think I'd rather have Derek Armstrong back on the Kings.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
He's still a better option that if you combined Ethan Moreau and Trent Hunter into one player. I think I'd rather have Derek Armstrong back on the Kings.
So you don't want Patrick O'Sullivan

26 years old, 328 games, 5 teams, 160 points... because he it speaks for itself that he has played for 5 teams and moved on...

But you argue for Kyle Wellwood often...

28 years old, 5 teams, 399 games, 190 points.

They are like the same player dude. Yea Sully has his head issues, but production wise, they are practically the same.

And I am not arguing i want Sully AT ALL. No thank you not one bit. But the fact that you argue for Wellwood SO hard but then deny O'Sullivan so quickly when I mean...it's like night..and later that night...makes me wonder, do you just have hardcore manlove for Wellwood? :p

Old
12-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
So you don't want Patrick O'Sullivan

26 years old, 328 games, 5 teams, 160 points... because he it speaks for itself that he has played for 5 teams and moved on...

But you argue for Kyle Wellwood often...

28 years old, 5 teams, 399 games, 190 points.

They are like the same player dude. Yea Sully has his head issues, but production wise, they are practically the same.

And I am not arguing i want Sully AT ALL. No thank you not one bit. But the fact that you argue for Wellwood SO hard but then deny O'Sullivan so quickly when I mean...it's like night..and later that night...makes me wonder, do you just have hardcore manlove for Wellwood? :p
This is probably a joke, and ridiculous if not.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I can put an end to this argument by simply pointing out that Kyle Wellwood is in the NHL and plays important minutes and contributes to his team's success. The same can't be said about Patrick O'Sullivan.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
This is probably a joke, and ridiculous if not.
It's just to make a point that it's ridiculous to think that Wellwood is a difference maker and would be a difference maker on this team.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:28 PM
wasabi2

i agree with Telos.
He's worth the risk. He never wanted out of LA, maybe getting another chance here would put some urgency in his mind set.
He still has that great shot and only needs a creative linemate to pass him the puck,
Despite averaging only 9 minutes a game on the 4th line with the yotes, he still was 2 of 3 on shoot outs. And that alone can earn a team few points a season.
I'd take him back and would put him on a short leash.

wasabi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
It's just to make a point that it's ridiculous to think that Wellwood is a difference maker and would be a difference maker on this team.
I don't think anyone ever suggested that. His name was discussed as a third line option that would have been better than Ethan Moreau. Since you brought it up, he probably would have been a difference maker on that line at the very least. He could sure do a hell of a lot more with the puck than Stoll, Moreau, Clifford, Lewis, Richardson, Fraser, Westgarth ever could.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:21 PM
TwoMinutesWellWorthI*

Sign him for league minimum and just make him wear Scott Parse's jersey.

TwoMinutesWellWorthI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 05:54 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Pass big time. First of all, he doesn't go to Manchester as another poster pointed out. He's up on the pro roster for a month, and we already have a full line sitting as a scratch most nights. We are also trying to save some cap space for the trade deadline, why waste it on a reclamation project? Not to mention we help out a divisional rival who is counting every penny, not just cap space but actually nickels and dimes, like it's an art. Why alleviate them of some costs and a contract spot on their 50 limit?

To get to Manchester, which really seems like the big reason why you are pushing this idea of claiming O'Sullivan, he'd have to fall to us to claim him, stay on the pro team for a month, then clear waivers in order to get to Manchester. He wouldn't get there until mid-January and Loktionov and Voynov could be back there by then, knowing TM/DL. As well, we likely couldn't recall him, as he'd be on reentry waivers and we'd eat half his salary if he was claimed.

How many contracts are we at now? Anyone know? We have any college kids we need to ink to a contract or draft picks as well, all of which will be reaching their deadline before O'Sullivan's contract comes off the books? We would also have one less contract spot open to go after a college UFA. Personally, I'd rather take a chance we find a Matt Read before we try and salvage O'Sullivan.

I think you and me could have terrific chemistry with Kopitar in all honesty.

Sign him to the TSN Hockey Panel then.

Did anyone read Kingsfan's post ?

It should end any discussion about Patty. You don't just pick the guy out of the trash. There are consequences to claiming him.

Lets not ignore those...

Last edited by damacles1156: 12-06-2011 at 07:32 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 06:10 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

There was a time when I was all for giving O'Sullivan another chance... That time has passed.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Mattias

aaaaand he clears!

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote