HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 24 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 59 86.76%
Ryan Callahan 3 4.41%
Michael Del Zotto 8 11.76%
Ruslan Fedotenko 9 13.24%
Marian Gaborik 30 44.12%
Dan Girardi 5 7.35%
Carl Hagelin 3 4.41%
Henrik Lundqvist 4 5.88%
Ryan McDonagh 6 8.82%
John Mitchell 2 2.94%
Brandon Prust 3 4.41%
Brad Richards 0 0%
Michael Sauer 2 2.94%
Derek Stepan 31 45.59%
Other 5 7.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Pugs35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxius View Post
I'm rooting for the kid and I really like him, but he needs to get those pucks on the net. It wasn't just one.
Especially in the last minute with the empty net coming in from the side () and just blasts a slapper wide
and it goes around the boards and down the ice!
He is still young and I have faith in him, he was very solid defensively tonight.
Yeah, like I said that was a big mistake and he has to hit the net or at least miss short side. The issue I have is that a lot of people on this board see what they want to see with certain players. McDonagh is going to be a great player and I love the kid, but he makes mistakes out there too that no one ever really brings up, whereas the view of Del Zotto is the complete opposite for no real reason.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:38 PM
ThisYearsModel

Always sucks to lose. Always sucks to lose to the Maple Leaves. The guys getting wrecked at the end is an issue though. Or rather, the lack of any response. Torts' absolving Phaneuf of any culpability is weak and wrong. No reason for him to not stick up for his players. Was Sauer's head down? Yep. Was he perilously close to the boards? Yep. Was there head contact? Yep. Should it have been a penalty? Could have been charging, but it was really close. Don't think it was a deliberate head shot though. Still, Phaneuf moved upwards into him. And if Sauer is concussed, then perhaps he will change to a helmet that fits him and on which he will properly adjust the chin strap. That is on Sauer. Either way, it was a dangerous hit. No response from the Rangers, a real shame. You can't win them all. They will have to come out strong next game.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:40 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Anisimov, Stepan and Gaborik get the three stars. Hope Sauer is ok.

If not ,the D is going to look pretty ugly. They don't really have options with Erixon out. Strahlman...... It's either give Parlett a shot, or try and sneak Valentenko through waivers.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:43 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
ArashMadani Arash Madani
John-Michael Liles walks off the ice and barks to the other #Leafs: "Boys, I think we had the best Swedish goalie out there tonight."
59 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Retweeted by DamoSpin
There ya go Hank.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:45 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
There ya go Hank.
Hope somebody breaks his nose next game we play.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:47 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Hope somebody breaks his nose next game we play.
The last 5 minutes of this game have me really hoping McIlrath can round things out.

12-05-2011, 09:48 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
The last 5 minutes of this game have me really hoping McIlrath can round things out.
You're telling me.

Man I would've killed to have somebody grab up sloppy seconds and devastate him.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:48 PM
xEchox

Good: Gaborik, anisimov, stepan
Bad:MDZ

Woywitka and Eminger also had solid games

xEchox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Maybe someone noticed this in the past, but MSG plays EXTREMELY loud music (metal, hard rock, etc.) when the visiting team calls a timeout and nothing, not a single note of music whatsoever, when the Rangers take a timeout.

Just made me laugh while I sat there watching this game and smelling the chicken finger farts from the kid in front of me.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:51 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
I can't believe how many of you are ragging on MDZ. Girardi and Sauer had worse games than him. He created plenty of chances and the post-game interview just made me feel so bad for him. That we've been drafting high character guys is evident.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:53 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I have no problem with the fact that the team didn't go out and try to pummel Phanuef or anyone else. They were clean hits and the team was down a goal with under 5 min to play. I thought Torts' response was appropriate. You play to win.

Next game, check the mother-loving **** out of them. Hit them like they hit Sauer. And if a spontaneous fight breaks out, so be it.

But you don't give up on THIS game. Battle it out and go for the win.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:59 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
There ya go Hank.
He's a 100% right.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:06 PM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
The team may very well call up Erixon if there is a significant injury. I have not gotten the impression that they are thrilled with Stralman.
Erixon is day-to-day. Hasn`t played last three games.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:11 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Always sucks to lose. Always sucks to lose to the Maple Leaves. The guys getting wrecked at the end is an issue though. Or rather, the lack of any response. Torts' absolving Phaneuf of any culpability is weak and wrong. No reason for him to not stick up for his players. Was Sauer's head down? Yep. Was he perilously close to the boards? Yep. Was there head contact? Yep. Should it have been a penalty? Could have been charging, but it was really close. Don't think it was a deliberate head shot though. Still, Phaneuf moved upwards into him. And if Sauer is concussed, then perhaps he will change to a helmet that fits him and on which he will properly adjust the chin strap. That is on Sauer. Either way, it was a dangerous hit. No response from the Rangers, a real shame. You can't win them all. They will have to come out strong next game.
Not saying this is in fact the case, but if Torts makes an issue out of it, that hamstrings the Rangers' chance to respond physically the next time the teams play. He makes a comment about it being a terrible hit, that needs retribution, etc he gets a call from Commissioner's office and Shanahan and there is additional attention paid by the league to the next game between the two teams.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:12 PM
varanger94

1. Anisimov
2. Gaborik
3. Stepan

Started to late. Had enough chances to tie it, but it wasn't our night. Boyle spent the off season two years ago improving his skating with that skating instructor. He should of spent the last off season with a boxer. He can't fight and he doesn't use his size properly.

On another note. We didn't loose because of the Refs. Furlatt called all the penalties on Toronto, but this disgrace Auger(Oshaa) Screwed us in Monteal and did it again tonight. He closed his eyes to the high stick on Dubinsky in the first. Right after, Del Zotto goes into the boards, Kessel takes a two handed whack on Del Zotto's ankle in front of the net and no call. Then calls that weak penalty on Anisimov at the end of the game. Beginning to wonder if it's a Canadian thing.

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Pretty bad game. I admittedly like to blame the refs, but I think there were some horrible calls/non-calls.

Question: On the 2nd? goal, from connoly, he ran lundqvist. He scored first, and I understand that it counts, but shouldn't he get a goalie interference anyways?

I came to a realization today too, about having a pathetic fanbase (not you guys), that I'm gonna rant about tomorrow

Tanner Glass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:01 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Thought Phaneuf's hit was the kind of hit we would be toasting if Girardi or Sauer were administering it to a Leaf.
Anisimov too. If your head is down, stuff happens.

edit: I really need to see it again, watching it on a stream is not exactly good enough to judge

What I did not like was that extra shot that a-hole Steckel gave MDZ while he was lying on the ice. I don't like Steckel and would like to see somebody even it up next time.
Steckel is a ****in cheap shot artist. Hes gonna get whats coming to him.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:28 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
When's Rupp due back?
You know what, when I saw Sauer go down I thought "wheres Rupp now and I wonder what he's thinkin about that."

I never was a fan of Rupp but I know full well he would have made a point to put some good body on Phaneuf.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:30 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Not saying this is in fact the case, but if Torts makes an issue out of it, that hamstrings the Rangers' chance to respond physically the next time the teams play. He makes a comment about it being a terrible hit, that needs retribution, etc he gets a call from Commissioner's office and Shanahan and there is additional attention paid by the league to the next game between the two teams.
Pretty much bang on. The players know the number - they'll probably be extra enthusiastic about finishing their forechecks next meeting. Especially is Sauer is hurt for a bit.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:32 PM
stasiewich
Monahan 4 president

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicDing View Post
Glad to see no one's jumping off a cliff... oh wait we need to lose another game for that to happen
Knowing this site... que the "this is a bad hockey team" thread coming back to the top!

stasiewich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:41 PM
darko

Pens lost so that helps. Bring on Tampa.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i thought Dan Girardi had an AWFUL game tonight.

maybe its just me, but i thought his reads, reactions, and overall processing of the game was the worst ive seen from him in years.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Steckel is a ****in cheap shot artist. Hes gonna get whats coming to him.
just came to post that i love your announcers. was a pleasure to watch the NYR feed tonight.

i saw this comment and had to say something. Steckel is so NOT a cheap shot artist it's not even funny. cheers

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:35 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Here's your post-game audio clips...

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:38 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

If Sauer is hurt, this team has a big problem. Valentenko should get the call-up if Sauer is out. Stralman plays for MDZ if he is out.

The people who are upset about the end of the game, the fact that the Rangers didn't "stand up for each other," are really missing the point. Forget about the fact that the hits were pretty much clean and starting fights over them would be pointless and tantamount to giving up on the game. The game was lost in the first 30 minutes, not the last 5.

Next game against Toronto, by all means, play physically. But the bigger issue is the flat start and the continuing struggles of players like Dubinsky and Boyle and the unremarkable play of Del Zotto, who for all his improvements on defense, is not much of an even strength factor offensively, which is what this team is really looking for out of him. It's great that he is an adequate player in his own zone now, but what good is that if his primary role isn't being addressed?

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote