HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max vs. Shanny

Old
12-05-2011, 07:04 PM
JustAHabFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I think Max should keep his lips zipped on the subject, at least publicly.

Nothing good comes from this. If he has a problem with Shanahan... say it to him directly. Don't go to the press with this stuff. Not a smart move.
It's not right for Max to bring up the subject but Shanahan should be called out for comparing Pacioretty's hit to Cooke's hit. He lose creditbility the moment he compared the two hits. Shanahan should suspend Max if he didn't compare the two hits or he should admit it was a mistake on his part.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Dekar

Can we just stop posting debatable topics (like this one) concerning the Habs on the main board? Please? I like reading stuff there when it's not related to the Habs, and seeing that thread and anything like it just makes me unreasonably angry.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Can we just stop posting debatable topics (like this one) concerning the Habs on the main board? Please? I like reading stuff there when it's not related to the Habs, and seeing that thread and anything like it just makes me unreasonably angry.
It would be better if no threads about the Habs were on the main board IMO, since it always turns into a Hab bashing thread.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
It's not right for Max to bring up the subject but Shanahan should be called out for comparing Pacioretty's hit to Cooke's hit. He lose creditbility the moment he compared the two hits. Shanahan should suspend Max if he didn't compare the two hits or he should admit it was a mistake on his part.
Sure... call him out on it if that's what he said. But do so privately.

Shanahan's never made a public statement putting the two incidents together so I don't see why Max felt the need to go public with it. Just call the guy on it (to his face) and be done with it. There's no need for this, it's just going to hurt him down the road.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Figaro95

Figaro95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Bloumeister
Party like it's 1984

Quote:
"We didn't bring it up, (Shanahan) brought it up," said Pacioretty. "You can ask my agent (Alec Schall). He was on the phone. Ask the GM (Pierre Gauthier). It happened."
Pierre Gauthier should call a press conference (hey, he's already had 3 this year - clearly, he's on a roll) to confirm whether or not Mister Shanahan compared Mister Pacioretty's hit to the Mister Cooke/Mister Savard incident.

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:20 PM
TheBuriedHab

PG was on the call too. If he wasn't so scared of talking he could clear it up

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

Nothing good comes from this. If he has a problem with Shanahan... say it to him directly. Don't go to the press with this stuff. Not a smart move.
I think there's enough people that keep their mouths shut. Time for everybody to open them.
Shanny has completely shot himself in the foot. At least Campbell was consistently bad. Shanahan is all over the map, he didn't make things any better, at all.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Oshawa General

Quote:

You're right, he should zip it, concentrate on being a hockey player and winning hockey games, does he realize how he's starting to look in the eyes of other NHL players, a whiner, you were given a suspension, accept and move on.

Oshawa General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshawa General View Post
You're right, he should zip it, concentrate on being a hockey player and winning hockey games, does he realize how he's starting to look in the eyes of other NHL players, a whiner, you were given a suspension, accept and move on.
As dumb as hockey players can be, I'm pretty sure they're able to realize when someone is whining, and when someone answers a question.
MaxPac was asked a question by John Lu, he answered.

Old
12-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshawa General View Post
lol, what? The irony here is awesome.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Picaroon

vCash: 953
I don't think Max is disputing his suspension at all and I do believe that they compared it to Cooke. There was no need for that. I guarantee Max had no problem with the suspension after what he went through last year. Pulling out a Matt Cooke comparison is such a kick in the nuts.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:04 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think there's enough people that keep their mouths shut. Time for everybody to open them.
Shanny has completely shot himself in the foot. At least Campbell was consistently bad. Shanahan is all over the map, he didn't make things any better, at all.
Agreed, it's THE reason why this league is "tout croche", everybody shut up and move on without doing/saying anything... and nothing changes, (see : Chara on Pac, Lucic on Miller, etc)

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
As dumb as hockey players can be, I'm pretty sure they're able to realize when someone is whining, and when someone answers a question.
MaxPac was asked a question by John Lu, he answered.
Max comes off looking like a whiner here. He got suspended and he brings up a comparison that Shanahan denies making.

If it was just a misunderstanding (which I suspect it was) then this could've been avoided by talking to the guy. It's a far more mature approach and he should've exercised it.

As for Shanny being all over the map. That's not what's being discussed here. Max deserved the suspension. I have no problem with that.

Should Chara and Lucic have been suspended too? Hell yes. But that's not what Max was speaking out about. He brought up some comment that was made in private by Shanahan... not smart. This has nothing to do with Lucic and his non-call. This is about a player bringing up a private conversation and making it public. And I think it was the wrong way to handle this. If you've got a beef with what the guy said in private, say it to his face... in private. It's one thing if Shanny said it publicly, it's quite another to talk about private disciplinary hearings in public. Wrong thing to do.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Max comes off looking like a whiner here. He got suspended and he brings up a comparison that Shanahan denies making.

If it was just a misunderstanding (which I suspect it was) then this could've been avoided by talking to the guy. It's a far more mature approach and he should've exercised it.

As for Shanny being all over the map. That's not what's being discussed here. Max deserved the suspension. I have no problem with that.

Should Chara and Lucic have been suspended too? Hell yes. But that's not what Max was speaking out about. He brought up some comment that was made in private by Shanahan... not smart. This has nothing to do with Lucic and his non-call. This is about a player bringing up a private conversation and making it public. And I think it was the wrong way to handle this. If you've got a beef with what the guy said in private, say it to his face... in private. It's one thing if Shanny said it publicly, it's quite another to talk about private disciplinary hearings in public. Wrong thing to do.
Not sure what is so difficult to really understand here.
MaxPac DID NOT BRING UP THE COMMENT. He was asked a question, which he answered. Maybe he should have said ''no comment'', or brush it off, that would have been original, and then we could criticize guys for not telling the truth during interviews.

I have no issues with Pacioretty getting suspended either, it's well warranted.
I remember reading MaxPac's comments after the suspension and saying Shanny compared it to Cooke's hit, which he felt was completely unfair. Shanahan last thursday said he never compared both hits, so media asked MaxPac today, to which he said Shanny brought it up and and his camp brought up Malone-Campoli, that they could ask his agent or Gauthier. He then added that he doesn't feel bad about the difference of opinion, that's there's a ton of guys that he knows that simply don't know what is good or not anymore. He also said he hopes his suspension will serve as a benchmark from now on.

So really, if you listen to the whole interview, this doesn't come close to sounding like whining. I'm not sure you really followed the story, seems like you read the headlines or maybe just followed what was discussed.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Not sure what is so difficult to really understand here.
MaxPac DID NOT BRING UP THE COMMENT. He was asked a question, which he answered. Maybe he should have said ''no comment'', or brush it off, that would have been original, and then we could criticize guys for not telling the truth during interviews.

I have no issues with Pacioretty getting suspended either, it's well warranted.
I remember reading MaxPac's comments after the suspension and saying Shanny compared it to Cooke's hit, which he felt was completely unfair. Shanahan last thursday said he never compared both hits, so media asked MaxPac today, to which he said Shanny brought it up and and his camp brought up Malone-Campoli, that they could ask his agent or Gauthier. He then added that he doesn't feel bad about the difference of opinion, that's there's a ton of guys that he knows that simply don't know what is good or not anymore. He also said he hopes his suspension will serve as a benchmark from now on.

So really, if you listen to the whole interview, this doesn't come close to sounding like whining. I'm not sure you really followed the story, seems like you read the headlines or maybe just followed what was discussed.
Whether he was asked the question or not, he should've just kept quiet. He should've addressed Shanahan afterwards. Yes, I think he comes off as a whiner here.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Whether he was asked the question or not, he should've just kept quiet. He should've addressed Shanahan afterwards. Yes, I think he comes off as a whiner here.
I guess we have different definitions of whining.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Why wouldn't he be pissed. He gets his head taken off nothing happens. He goes slightly over the line where other haven't gotten punished and he gets to sit in the corner for 3 games.

Life isn't fair, but it's what you do to change what you don't like that either makes things better or keeps it status quo.

Sined is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Stradale

For a player that was victim of injustice before, I'm glad that he standing up for himself now. Call him whiner all you want, I see it as a guy that doesn't take any ****.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:12 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

should have kept his mouth shut. period. even if shanny said this or that. he should have kept his mouth shut.

and some of you here need to get a grip with reality:
lucic on miller = waaaaay outside the crease.
tootoo on miller = well INSIDE the crease.
stop comparing these two hits like they are the same. "well if he suspends tootoo he's an hypocrite...". not the same hit!

i admit i was wrong at first but patch on letang is nothing like malone on campoli. malone came from the front, patches came from the side. argue that it should not have been a suspension - and i believe it should have been - but don't compare the two hits.

not.

comparable.

homerism needs to stop at some point...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:30 AM
malton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
should have kept his mouth shut. period. even if shanny said this or that. he should have kept his mouth shut.

and some of you here need to get a grip with reality:
lucic on miller = waaaaay outside the crease.
tootoo on miller = well INSIDE the crease.

stop comparing these two hits like they are the same. "well if he suspends tootoo he's an hypocrite...". not the same hit!

i admit i was wrong at first but patch on letang is nothing like malone on campoli. malone came from the front, patches came from the side. argue that it should not have been a suspension - and i believe it should have been - but don't compare the two hits.

not.

comparable.

homerism needs to stop at some point...
With the way the rule is written there is no difference. A goalie is not fair game outside of his crease. Therefore your point is moot and he would be a hypocrite.

malton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 02:03 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Yeah same... You know its only going to bait the Habs haters into coming out of the woodworks for some easy bashing.

Anyways I think most people dislike team centric threads on the main forums. Just look at the Leaf threads that keep popping up...

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 02:41 AM
beerbelly

Pacioretty has some good reasons to be upset and bitter about the league's decisions.
I like what he is doing.
It is like during a game when a refery makes a wrong call. It is right to tell him. And to tell again clearly if it is needed. After, you need to shut up. He knows that he did a bad call even he says something else. After, you may get rewarded for that.
But I think that it may goes wrong if he continues. It is always bad to play with somebody's pride.
!@#$%?&* Cambell, Bettman and the bruins.

beerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 05:25 AM
dre2112

Ryan Malone goes all game hitting people from behind and chopping them with his stick then goes and takes out Campoli's head as he extends to get a loose puck = Campoli's fault

Pacioretty goes for a hit, which Letang himself sees coming, and instead of bracing for it, puts himself in a vulnerable position by taking a shot = Pacioretty's fault

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote