HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 24 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 59 86.76%
Ryan Callahan 3 4.41%
Michael Del Zotto 8 11.76%
Ruslan Fedotenko 9 13.24%
Marian Gaborik 30 44.12%
Dan Girardi 5 7.35%
Carl Hagelin 3 4.41%
Henrik Lundqvist 4 5.88%
Ryan McDonagh 6 8.82%
John Mitchell 2 2.94%
Brandon Prust 3 4.41%
Brad Richards 0 0%
Michael Sauer 2 2.94%
Derek Stepan 31 45.59%
Other 5 7.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Brymas McCaberle

vCash: 500
GG Rangers, you guys put a real scare in us for the latter half of the game.

Also, I'd give anything to have your MSG announcers in place of our CBC baffoons.

Brymas McCaberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 04:52 AM
tg12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I have no problem with the fact that the team didn't go out and try to pummel Phanuef or anyone else. They were clean hits and the team was down a goal with under 5 min to play. I thought Torts' response was appropriate. You play to win.

Next game, check the mother-loving **** out of them. Hit them like they hit Sauer. And if a spontaneous fight breaks out, so be it.

But you don't give up on THIS game. Battle it out and go for the win.
Holy crap! What an intelligent post! As a Leaf fan, I would have much rather someone tried to goon-up Phaneuf after the hit...

tg12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 04:54 AM
tg12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Pretty bad game. I admittedly like to blame the refs, but I think there were some horrible calls/non-calls.
What game were you watching? That was a bad case of home-town reffing...they tried to give you the win.

tg12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 05:16 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg12345 View Post
What game were you watching? That was a bad case of home-town reffing...they tried to give you the win.
only missed call that I remember is the stick that hit Dubinsky in the face by one of the leafs down in the Leafs corner in I think the 3rd period.

Other than that I thought this was a well called game.

Leafs played well and the Rangers showed up for 15 minutes of the 2nd period and the 3rd.

Can't win them all. We are going to lose to teams we should beat and we are going to beat teams we should lose to. It's called the NHL Regular Season. It happens.

We need to make sure that this loss doesn't carry over to the next game. Win the next game and put this one behind us.

It's not a big loss.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 05:23 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Boyle looked very soft tonight. Here's this huge man and he gets easily muscled off the puck by much smaller guys. The "hits" he lays on people barely take them out of the play let alone place any wear on tem for later in the game.

Dubinsky is so snake bitten right now. He's playing center and in my opinion, he's not a center. He's not getting in position to shoot the puck. Would rather see him on Richards/Cally's LW and let him work out his own struggles.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 05:28 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg12345 View Post
As I said, I try to blame the refs when I'm angry, but there is no way in hell that refs tried to hand the Rangers the win.

There were some things away from the play, and off camera, that looked like penalties.

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Gustavsson stood on his head in the 3rd.....last time I looked your chin was connected to your head so enjoy your suspension Phaneuf, you d*ck, also when you skate 100" to hit somebody that's a charge...the disappointing thing was nobody on the ice jumped that a-h*le...Stepan nailed him on the next shift...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 05:51 AM
Deebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Gustavsson stood on his head in the 3rd.....last time I looked your chin was connected to your head so enjoy your suspension Phaneuf, you d*ck, also when you skate 100" to hit somebody that's a charge...the disappointing thing was nobody on the ice jumped that a-h*le...Stepan nailed him on the next shift...
Suspension?

He won't even get a phone call.

Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 06:00 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Phaneuf's hit was a headshot for sure, I tossed someone from a game on saturday for pretty much the same hit. It isn't worth a suspension though, just a penalty IMO

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Eisenh0rn

Quote:

Eisenh0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
You are correct, if you read the rulebook it states "checking to the head/neck area"

Old
12-06-2011, 06:27 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

When the Rangers lose,its always the Rangers have trouble with speed. When they beat teams with good skaters,nobody brings it up. Ridiculous.

Michael Sauer was seen walking around the weight room after the game last night

Quote:
No update on Michael Sauer, though I did see him walking around in the weight room with his pads still on, jersey off. So he's up and about
https://twitter.com/#!/NYDNRangers/s...91374218031105

Still wanna trade a defenseman for Ryan who skates with cement in his skates? He'll really increase the speed quotient on the Rangers.

MDZ was really good again last night. Some people are still knocking the kid?

The Rangers are off today so there probably won't be any report on Sauer until tomorrow.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Phaneuf will not be suspended. It was a questionable hit, but not worthy of a suspension. It was a high hit, and it deserved a penalty imo. I hope Sauer is okay because without him our defense goes from above average to mediocre.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Phaneuf will not be suspended. It was a questionable hit, but not worthy of a suspension. It was a high hit, and it deserved a penalty imo. I hope Sauer is okay because without him our defense goes from above average to mediocre.
It's a textbook penalty for sure, we could have tied the game on a PP. Not a suspension though, don't really care about that anyway

Old
12-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I don't even think it will be called anything other than a clean hit. This is hockey.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
It's a textbook penalty for sure, we could have tied the game on a PP. Not a suspension though, don't really care about that anyway
Your coach didn't think so

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
Didn't think what?

Old
12-06-2011, 06:44 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
The Redden: Listening to the Leafs colour guy saying Anisinov through the entire game.
Agreed. They are some of the worst announcers in the league. I thought I was listening to some HF Boards posters the way they complained about penalties the whole game.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 06:51 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
Now I know how the Sabres fans felt when Miller got trucked over by Lucic. Our team is full of *******. ALways the team to get pushed around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
Send MDZ back down...he is awful and I was holding back but tonight we saw how REALLY bad he is.
LOL 1 loss. Glad to see how unrelentingly spoiled we are. My god. 12 out of 15 damn games in which we've been physically matched with anyone and DZ has been more than fine. I sincerely hope you guys were just joking b/c I don't want people to think we're all this ignorant and whiny after 1 single loss. PS at 23/24 games we're in first place in the east if we compare to where the other teams were when they reached 23/24 games.
It's downright pathetic how bad this team is though and how badly we get pushed around ALL SEASON. Yea that's definitely true.

BTW less than 5 minutes left you're a moron of a player if you go and take an instigator, roughing, charging, etc over a clean hit.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 06:54 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
Torts doesn't like to go after the refs or use bad calls as an excuse. He especially doesn't complain about iffy calls and this one could have gone either way so your point isn't a good one.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Torts doesn't like to go after the refs or use bad calls as an excuse. He especially doesn't complain about iffy calls and this one could have gone either way so your point isn't a good one.
He did actually speak to the ref after the hit about it to question if it was a penalty

Old
12-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Orr Nightmare

now is the time we call up Ottawa and get Matt Carkner...our D will be terrible if we add Stralman to this lineup.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Crease

Can't believe some people are calling the Phaneuf hit a penalty, let alone a suspendable offense. Great hit. Fans are going soft.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

We need to stop losing to teams with big fanbases on this website, I have decided.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
When the Rangers lose,its always the Rangers have trouble with speed. When they beat teams with good skaters,nobody brings it up. Ridiculous.
Yeah, this. They played poor positional defense last night and weren't moving their feet. Makes the other team look a lot faster than they are when you aren't even skating!

It was a bad game, it happens. Go out and start another winning streak. Until it becomes a habit or something then I'm not gonna worry about one game

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote