HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Injury Talk 3.0: Gionta out indefinitely (bicep tear)

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2011, 02:18 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
TSN just said 4-6 weeks.

I've said this before, but Mr. Gauthier should be shown the door.
Mr. Gauthier should get into politics!!!

3 weeks = 6 weeks

I won't bank on Markov being back in 6 weeks....

Old
12-06-2011, 02:26 AM
capebretoncanadien

Bookmarked so all these haters can be eating crow by the end of this season lol.

Old
12-06-2011, 02:28 AM
giovannicanella

Quote:
Mr. Gauthier should get into politics!!!

3 weeks = 6 weeks

I won't bank on Markov being back in 6 weeks....
Yeah the function of a GM is very political insofar as to have direct power to govern, without as much a vote, PG is in effect, an appointed sub dictator of the Montreal Canadiens organization, Markov is but a pawn...

Old
12-06-2011, 02:32 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Yeah the function of a GM is very political insofar as to have direct power to govern, without as much a vote, PG is in effect, an appointed sub dictator of the Montreal Canadiens organization, Markov is but a pawn...

Quote:
The Canadiens’ comical Get Smart! Cone of Silence, their injury-update and player-access micromanagement, incomplete status reports, half-truths and swerves of detour fuel the engine of speculation. Saturday’s update was just the second address to the media by GM Gauthier since the team’s September golf tournament, the other on Oct. 26 to discuss the firing of assistant coach Perry Pearn.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Lack+...#ixzz1fkHaiWaQ

Quote:
On Saturday, following the announcement of Markov’s latest surgery, Quebec journalist Remy Charest quipped on Twitter, using a #jourdelamarmotte (Groundhog Day) hashtag (and here we translate), “Pierre Gauthier emerged from his office and saw his shadow: three more weeks without Markov.”

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Lack+...#ixzz1fkHCa4DV

Old
12-06-2011, 02:40 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
So sick of all the Markov apologists here- the tin man/band aid poster child should have been sent packing last season. This guy has literally missed over two years of hockey - not toally his fault, I get that. But how so many around here peg him as a saviour is laughable.

With Subban, Diaz, Weber, Emelin, Beaulieu, and Gorges the future of the defensive corps is bright. We are sustaining temporary setbacks now, but the experience will be invaluable down the road.

The window to have traded Markov for a sizable return has evaporated into thin air, and the only solace we can take out of this is that he will likely go on LTIR once again, and we can be given cap relief because of it - this is the most notable contribution le "general" has made over the past two seasons.

I don't get how a player is regarded so untouchable when his playoff PPG average halves from his regular season totals. I also don't get how management commits so much money to a guy with such an injury history, and such specualtion regarding the severity of his last injury.

MARKOV is FINISHED. Face it people.........

I was saying this over a year ago, and got blasted on this site by all the "experts" with high post counts...........

This will cost Gauthier his job. Wait and see - Funny, because I'm sure some of you would welcome that.........
Markov never played like a #1 dman in playoffs...not even close.
Playoffs...he's invisible.

Markov is a never-ending jinx/curse to our Habs (let him go this summer...please).

I can't wait for Markov to retire...soon. No more false hope, denial. I don't want us to go through this next season as well (3 seasons is more than enough ).

With anything positive (L.Leblanc, Pacioretty, Emelin, Diaz, etc) that happens this season Markov brings gloom to it. Markov is finished... time to go after a UFA dman July 1st.
Our Habs have to somehow let Markov go so we don't have to pay him next season for ZERO in return ($5,75mil/year for Markov's endless absence/endless rehab/creation of false hope again and again, etc).

-------------------- ------------------
The Positive:
Campoli and Spacek will play soon (within a week or two?). Gorges and Subban need help.
And, excited about L.Leblanc

Gill/Emelin-Subban
Campoli-Gorges
Emelin/Spacek-Diaz
Spacek
St-Denis
Weber (trade bait imo...keep him if trade offers are average)

Looking forward to a bright future (without false-hope-Markov):
Top 4 dman via trade (this season? only if the price is right)
Top 4 UFA dman July 1st.
Gorges (they better ****ing sign him)
Subban we're so lucky for Subban and Gorges)
Campoli (depends on reg. season + especially playoffs' performance)
Emelin (getting better and better)
Diaz
Beaulieu (can't wait!)
Tinordi (can't wait!)

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 12-06-2011 at 04:23 AM.
Old
12-06-2011, 02:57 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=377806
Oct 11.2010
Tampa Bay Lightning defenceman Mattias Ohlund will undergo arthroscopic surgery on both knees on Tuesday morning and could be out as long as four to six weeks.

Quote:
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...cle1204772.ece

Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Mattias Ohlund has setback in recovering from knee surgeries(Oct. 11 arthroscopic)
Quote:
Ohlund said nothing specific happened. He theorized he might have been too quick to get on skates after the procedures the team said cleaned out "loose bodies"

just so we're ready for it

Last edited by Habaneros: 12-06-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old
12-06-2011, 03:08 AM
kassian

RDS reports that Markov will be out from 4 to 6 weeks.

Isn't it kinda ****ing clear that the organization has been holding back information and Markov's actual (bad) physical and knee condition? So much for reports that expected Andrei to play on the opening night. Now we're looking for a return in mid-January.

I was all for that Markov signing, but another injury and he's done.

Old
12-06-2011, 03:21 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
RDS reports that Markov will be out from 4 to 6 weeks.

Isn't it kinda ****ing clear that the organization has been holding back information and Markov's actual (bad) physical and knee condition? So much for reports that expected Andrei to play on the opening night. Now we're looking for a return in mid-January.

I was all for that Markov signing, but another injury and he's done.
Pierre's own lips said 3 weeks just a few days ago,now he says 4 to 6

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=604845

Old
12-06-2011, 05:41 AM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretoncanadien View Post
Bookmarked so all these haters can be eating crow by the end of this season lol.
Seriously, if I were as much of a crappy fan as the people I'm talking about, I'd keep a list of everyone who said his career was over and pull a Half-Baked and just tell each one off in succession for being such finicky, short-tempered, I-don't-care-I-just-want-to-say-I-told-you-so, whiny, know-it-all-but-know-nothing little children that they are.

I think Gauthier is just aware of what kind of fanbase and media monster he's catering to and has been picking and choosing his words in hopes that the circus will keep calm, but it's been backfiring on him time and again and making him look just as bad. Then again, if he had given the whole truth from the beginning as told us that he just doesn't know what Markov's timeline is including this season, people would still be calling for his head so really, he's no worse off than he would've been.

I think it would do wonders to the fans here to change their way of thinking and realise that Markov hasn't really been part of this team for the past two seasons. The language of "I can't wait to have him back!" makes it sound like he was here in the first place. The last time he's had a full season of playing time with the team, it was a completely different team. As far as I'm concerned, when he finally does come back to the team for good, he's coming to a new team. It'll be like picking up a player off waivers or a free trade, it'll just happen to be a really good player. I think it's unfair to keep using the excuse "oh we're just missing Markov and we'll be back to what we were before". It's hard to miss what you haven't had. Sure, he's worn the sweater for a long time and been part of the organisation, but that's not including the other people in the sweaters.

Last edited by Dekar: 12-06-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old
12-06-2011, 06:27 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Seriously, if I were as much of a crappy fan as the people I'm talking about, I'd keep a list of everyone who said his career was over and pull a Half-Baked and just tell each one off in succession for being such finicky, short-tempered, I-don't-care-I-just-want-to-say-I-told-you-so, whiny, know-it-all-but-know-nothing little children that they are.

I think Gauthier is just aware of what kind of fanbase and media monster he's catering to and has been picking and choosing his words in hopes that the circus will keep calm, but it's been backfiring on him time and again and making him look just as bad. Then again, if he had given the whole truth from the beginning as told us that he just doesn't know what Markov's timeline is including this season, people would still be calling for his head so really, he's no worse off than he would've been.

I think it would do wonders to the fans here to change their way of thinking and realise that Markov hasn't really been part of this team for the past two seasons. The language of "I can't wait to have him back!" makes it sound like he was here in the first place. The last time he's had a full season of playing time with the team, it was a completely different team. As far as I'm concerned, when he finally does come back to the team for good, he's coming to a new team. It'll be like picking up a player off waivers or a free trade, it'll just happen to be a really good player. I think it's unfair to keep using the excuse "oh we're just missing Markov and we'll be back to what we were before". It's hard to miss what you haven't had. Sure, he's worn the sweater for a long time and been part of the organisation, but that's not including the other people in the sweaters.
Whether Gauthier knows what this fanbase is like is irrelevant. He handled this entire Markov situation poorly.

Old
12-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Rickkins

So....we're talkin February at the earliest...??

Dayum....

Old
12-06-2011, 07:18 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
So....we're talkin February at the earliest...??

Dayum....
Addition not your forte ?

Old
12-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Nice Mr. Markov will be back just in time for the trade deadline!!

Remember the golf tournament, just a couple of games to miss the year and he will be back, way to backfire Mr. Gauthier

Old
12-06-2011, 07:46 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Nice Mr. Markov will be back just in time for the trade deadline!!

Remember the golf tournament, just a couple of games to miss the year and he will be back, way to backfire Mr. Gauthier
And how he gets away with this crap is beyond me !

Molson has no balls !

Old
12-06-2011, 08:17 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
After hearing that Markov was going to play out West, do you really need to ask that question?
The organization never said Markov would play on the California road trip, just that he wouldn't be back before then.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Andy

Hoto...you should add that Campoli has been cleared for contact.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Pierre's own lips said 3 weeks just a few days ago,now he says 4 to 6

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=604845
And then people wonder why he doesn't come out to give more info..

PG isn't a damn doctor. While one might tell him 3weeks after an evaluation, another might say 4-6weeks.
But hey, don't let that get in the way of making fun of the GM because he doesn't come out every 2nd day.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
And how he gets away with this crap is beyond me !

Molson has no balls !
Get away with it? Jesus Christ, you should hear yourself sometimes..

Old
12-06-2011, 08:23 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
After hearing that Markov was going to play out West, do you really need to ask that question?
You mean that info that RDS lied about that you all gobbled up and accepted as truth even after Jacques Martin the coach of our team specifically stated he would not play and that the odds were slim to nil? That same report? The one that made Luc Gelinas look like a complete tool and same for everyone who actually believed it despite what JM clearly stated? That same report?

You seem to have problems with "the truth" being told. How about looking at the media who clearly lied to you, not JM/PG who stated he wouldn't play

I mean honestly you dug your own grave here, lay down. You complain about lying and say the media has all the right to speculate in the same breath. Meanwhile the situation you're referencing is one where the media lied for absolutely no reason because JM told the truth. Plain and simple.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
And then people wonder why he doesn't come out to give more info..

PG isn't a damn doctor. While one might tell him 3weeks after an evaluation, another might say 4-6weeks.
But hey, don't let that get in the way of making fun of the GM because he doesn't come out every 2nd day.
It's kind of hilarious actually, how much people have trouble with reading comprehension...now Gauthier is getting bashed for saying Markov would be out at least 3 weeks

I find this whole thing hilarious, the media creates their own speculation that somehow turns into an official report from the Habs, I was not aware Luc Gelinas was part of the Montreal Canadiens staff

Old
12-06-2011, 08:24 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Get away with it? Jesus Christ, you should hear yourself sometimes..
Oh the irony lad !

Old
12-06-2011, 08:24 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
The organization never said Markov would play on the California road trip, just that he wouldn't be back before then.
Sounds to me like that implies Markov won't play until after the road trip. I don't know about you but Jacques Martin spelling it out for me in an interview was enough to grasp that as well.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
It's kind of hilarious actually, how much people have trouble with reading comprehension...now Gauthier is getting bashed for saying Markov would be out at least 3 weeks

I find this whole thing hilarious, the media creates their own speculation that somehow turns into an official report from the Habs, I was not aware Luc Gelinas was part of the Montreal Canadiens staff
Yup, I summed up everything here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I just have a couple of things I want to understand about the Markov situation. I'm listening to the radio and hearing a bunch of things about the lack of transparency on the part of the habs about the Markov situation that caused speculation etc.

What I don't get is this. A week before the California trip, the habs explicitly said Markov would not play on that trip.

Then the media came out and speculated that he would play, Martin said this was unlikely.

Then Markov had a PRE-SCHEDULED appointment with the doctor in Anaheim. Speculation began again. Martin said in response to this speculation that we would find out the day after about Markov's knee when all the test results were back.

After this claim, more speculation and complaint about the lack of transparency began.

The next day after the appointment, Gauthier revealed that Markov needed more surgery.

My question is, what info did the media expect? They didn't know what would be wrong with Markov until he saw that Dr....how did the media expect information prior to this?

Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Hoto...you should add that Campoli has been cleared for contact.
Hmm I thought I did. Will do now. Thanks.

I'll also put the "new" Markov prognosis in the topic title so more people can come in here and get angry

Old
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=377806
Oct 11.2010
Tampa Bay Lightning defenceman Mattias Ohlund will undergo arthroscopic surgery on both knees on Tuesday morning and could be out as long as four to six weeks.

just so we're ready for it
8 weeks / 2 knees = 4 weeks per knee!

Sounds about right Mr. Gauthier!

Closed Thread