HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 3.0: Gionta out indefinitely (bicep tear)

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
A three-game suspension has a certainty about it. A medical condition doesn't. Gauthier isn't an orthopedist. He says what he's told. He doesn't make it up for "political" reasons. Markov doesn't know either. I'm disappointed he isn't playing right now. We'll just have to wait.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:27 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Oh the irony lad !
I really don't see the irony, please elaborate.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
TSN just said 4-6 weeks.

I've said this before, but Mr. Gauthier should be shown the door.
Why is it his fault and he pulled a Tonya Harding on him?

Old
12-06-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Yup, I summed up everything here
It's not really surprising...facts don't see to matter when it comes to the Habs. Pierre McGuire was on radio destroying the Habs management team for 'lying' about the Markov situation.

The Habs have never lied about anything as it relates to Markov, the only people who have is the irresonspible is the media in Montreal, specifically RDS who seems to operate without any consequence...

it's like people expect PG to be a GM, coach, doctor and have the ability to predict the future all together...and people also seem to think that Markov himself, wants to be injured, as though he somehow enjoys not being able to play

Get a grip people

Old
12-06-2011, 08:31 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why is it his fault and he pulled a Tonya Harding on him?
He should have known to let our superstar #1D walk to the Detroit redwings or a divisional rival. He's stupid for not also getting a degree in medicine and becoming a surgeon prior to being an NHL GM. How can he competently run a team when he isn't a surgeon? I mean come on dude, he signed an injured player to 3 years. He's only one of the best D in the league when healthy and doesn't count against the cap until healthy, but man what a moron that Gauthier guy is for rolling the dice on the best player on our team and a guy who we developed from the ground up. What a complete idiot

He clearly should have signed Ian White.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=377806
Oct 11.2010
Tampa Bay Lightning defenceman Mattias Ohlund will undergo arthroscopic surgery on both knees on Tuesday morning and could be out as long as four to six weeks.

just so we're ready for it
Yzerman and Boucher should be fired for signing injury prone players, lying to the media and playing a boring style.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:32 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

The reason I don't like Gauthier's lack of information really has nothing to do with what I want to know. It's just that JM is the one always being asked about Markov's status and it's got to be very frustrating to him. He's always being asked about a frickin' player he barely even knows day in and day out. IMO the GM should take that burden off of JM.

Evidently Markov's agent tired of damage control too because of the lack of information from the GM. Pierre Gauthier signed the guy and he should answer the media IMHO.

Three weeks, four weeks, five weeks, six weeks who cares. I'll believe Markov is on the ice when I see it with my own two eyes which in reality may be never. Just quit making JM your spokesperson Gauthier and answer to this mess yourself even if it is a pack of misinformation. Let JM concentrate on the players he has available to him instead of false promises.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:36 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
It's not really surprising...facts don't see to matter when it comes to the Habs. Pierre McGuire was on radio destroying the Habs management team for 'lying' about the Markov situation.

The Habs have never lied about anything as it relates to Markov, the only people who have is the irresonspible is the media in Montreal, specifically RDS who seems to operate without any consequence...

it's like people expect PG to be a GM, coach, doctor and have the ability to predict the future all together...and people also seem to think that Markov himself, wants to be injured, as though he somehow enjoys not being able to play

Get a grip people
Funny part is I only read this post after I made my other post and it's referencing how Gauthier doesn't have the proper credentials to be GM. He isn't a surgeon

Seriously though people are just nuts in this city. There really is no other way to put it. People expect this team to be in the playoff race with the most inexperienced D in the NHL. You think Patrick Roy would have carried this team better than Price? This team has a serious problem on the back end due to injuries. I'm really actually quite pleased they're doing this well considering. People need to chill out, even if we don't make the playoffs in this league with all teams being so similar in talent levels.... it's actually a good thing for teams like us to bottom out 1 year out of 5. It gets us better draft picks and we already have a good mix of talented youngsters and vets. Our cupboard is near empty after Gallagher, Leblanc, Kristo, Tinordi and Beaulieu. (Sorry if I'm forgetting someone)

It's not the end of the world like people make it seem. I want us to win too but sometimes injuries hold your team back from being the stud team they can be. It happens. In a league with this much talent it's tough to remain competitive if you have injuries. Our staff has made a valiant effort and we're at least still in the race. Some folks need to chill out. Go get a prescription for ritalin or something

Old
12-06-2011, 08:38 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
The reason I don't like Gauthier's lack of information really has nothing to do with what I want to know. It's just that JM is the one always being asked about Markov's status and it's got to be very frustrating to him. He's always being asked about a frickin' player he barely even knows day in and day out. IMO the GM should take that burden off of JM.

Evidently Markov's agent tired of damage control too because of the lack of information from the GM. Pierre Gauthier signed the guy and he should answer the media IMHO.

Three weeks, four weeks, five weeks, six weeks who cares. I'll believe Markov is on the ice when I see it with my own two eyes which in reality may be never. Just quit making JM your spokesperson Gauthier and answer to this mess yourself even if it is a pack of misinformation. Let JM concentrate on the players he has available to him instead of false promises.
To be honest Don Meehan should just shut his *****-ass mouth and be happy raking in millions off other peoples work Agents make me laugh, it's too hard for you to just answer a question about your client? Sorry but I find it even harder to sympathize with an agent whining than I do when a guy making 7 million a season does it.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:38 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Funny part is I only read this post after I made my other post and it's referencing how Gauthier doesn't have the proper credentials to be GM. He isn't a surgeon

Seriously though people are just nuts in this city. There really is no other way to put it. People expect this team to be in the playoff race with the most inexperienced D in the NHL. You think Patrick Roy would have carried this team better than Price? This team has a serious problem on the back end due to injuries. I'm really actually quite pleased they're doing this well considering. People need to chill out, even if we don't make the playoffs in this league with all teams being so similar in talent levels.... it's actually a good thing for teams like us to bottom out 1 year out of 5. It gets us better draft picks and we already have a good mix of talented youngsters and vets. Our cupboard is near empty after Gallagher, Leblanc, Kristo, Tinordi and Beaulieu. (Sorry if I'm forgetting someone)

It's not the end of the world like people make it seem. I want us to win too but sometimes injuries hold your team back from being the stud team they can be. It happens. In a league with this much talent it's tough to remain competitive if you have injuries. Our staff has made a valiant effort and we're at least still in the race. Some folks need to chill out. Go get a prescription for ritalin or something
Ummm beleive it or not we DON'T all live in this city.
And the irony was reading what he wrote ? And how does that question even interest you is beyond me.
I also think you should add more smilies to get you point across.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:41 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
To be honest Don Meehan should just shut his *****-ass mouth and be happy raking in millions off other peoples work Agents make me laugh, it's too hard for you to just answer a question about your client? Sorry but I find it even harder to sympathize with an agent whining than I do when a guy making 7 million a season does it.
I agree with that but I still don't think JM should have to answer to it. He's probably not even privy to as much information as PG.

Well wanted to add to Meehan.................I'm not the biggest fan of agents but with the Montreal media who is to say the incessant questions are more than what he needs too. It's Gauthier's responsibility to answer the questions and I think he's handled it poorly mainly because he's forced others to answer for something that primarily is his doing.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:44 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Ummm beleive it or not we DON'T all live in this city.
And the irony was reading what he wrote ? And how does that question even interest you is beyond me.
I also think you should add more smilies to get you point across.
Okay you're right, so some crazy people are just habs fans from outside of the city, you got me.

And what he wrote wasn't in anyway ironic... just saying.

If any of this is beyond you... then quite frankly I don't know who can help you. Find some more stuff to nitpick though you seem to be good at that.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:47 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I agree with that but I still don't think JM should have to answer to it. He's probably not even privy to as much information as PG.
Agreed. But at the same time I don't think PG should be under any pressure to conform in anyway that the media feels he should. Like Andy mentioned there was enough information coming out from the org at the time. They specifically stated he would not play on this road trip.

RDS then says he will.

JM does an interview like an hour later... spells it out for them again. I mean at the end of the day I think PG should be answering it too but when these people are already told he won't play and then they make up lies that he will play, it's kind of hard to justify saying PG should be responsible to then again tell folks Markov won't be playing just because RDS is making up stories. JM can't help the questions the media asks him. He doesn't have to answer them but that makes the situation look even worse.

The bottom line is it boils down to RDS stirring up ****. Had they not done that nobody would need to re-answer them as they and everybody else was already told he would not play.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:49 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Okay you're right, so some crazy people are just habs fans from outside of the city, you got me.

And what he wrote wasn't in anyway ironic... just saying.

If any of this is beyond you... then quite frankly I don't know who can help you. Find some more stuff to nitpick though you seem to be good at that.
I cant beleive how many people in here are hypochrites. We all do it. Don't pretend to be Lady Bing.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
I cant beleive how many people in here are hypochrites. We all do it. Don't pretend to be Lady Bing.
You mean like the ones that criticize PG of never speaking, and then when he does they make fun of him because he said 3weeks and now it's 4-6? Those hypocrites??

Nah, it must be the damn hypocrites that tell other fans to just cool it and Markov will be back whenever the damn dude is due back. Stupid hypos.

Btw, Gauthier had said 3weeks +, which corresponds perfectly to 4-6weeks. But that's not fun to note when you can let out some pathetic frustration on the GM.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:06 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You mean like the ones that criticize PG of never speaking, and then when he does they make fun of him because he said 3weeks and now it's 4-6? Those hypocrites??

Nah, it must be the damn hypocrites that tell other fans to just cool it and Markov will be back whenever the damn dude is due back. Stupid hypos.

Btw, Gauthier had said 3weeks +, which corresponds perfectly to 4-6weeks. But that's not fun to note when you can let out some pathetic frustration on the GM.
Wow you guys must have been to bed late last night. I highlighted the NITPICK and mentioned hypochrisy.

Now for what you wrote. I am not saying anything about his 3 week / 4 to 6 week thing. I am talking about the actual team of small fast offensive player he iced and has a defensive boring coach in place. That's what i'm saying. The system doesn't fit the players on the team. Point finale.

Old
12-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Not that I want him back, but what is the story on Gomez? I didn't think he hurt himself that bad but he's been gone for a while and I never seem to hear anything.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:06 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Not that I want him back, but what is the story on Gomez? I didn't think he hurt himself that bad but he's been gone for a while and I never seem to hear anything.
I heard he started to skate alone (with White). Hernia injury(less sure about this)?

Old
12-07-2011, 08:12 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

4-6 weeks until Markov plays, or until he sees if he can pivot again?

Old
12-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I was sure Mr. Markov was only going to miss a few games to start the year, did something happen?

Old
12-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I find it comical that everybody wants to throw him under the bus, but he gets hurt and it's apparent(transition game, PP set up) that they miss him. I still think that Gomez playing at the 55-60 point level would be a huge boost even though we would read 4,587 posts about needing to get rid of him because of his cap hit.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
With arthroscopic surgery he should be back on ice 7-10 days after and hopefully practising with contact not long after.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
I still think that Gomez playing at the 55-60 point level would be a huge boost even though we would read 4,587 posts about needing to get rid of him because of his cap hit.
Sure he would...but Gomez hasn't been playing at that pace since 09-10.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
I find it comical that everybody wants to throw him under the bus, but he gets hurt and it's apparent(transition game, PP set up) that they miss him. I still think that Gomez playing at the 55-60 point level would be a huge boost even though we would read 4,587 posts about needing to get rid of him because of his cap hit.
Well obviously a 55-60 point Gomez would help but that's not reality.

The PP was bad even with him in the lineup.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
Sure he would...but Gomez hasn't been playing at that pace since 09-10.
I was hoping for a bounce back this season but he's missed more games than played so far, like Cammy it's hard to get on a good streak from the press box.

Closed Thread