HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

From TSN: Oilers-Kings talking MC

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2003, 02:00 PM
Boondock Saint

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
From what I gather, I think the Kings have made a good offer but Lowe is waiting to see if he can possibly get that good return from a team in the east.
Quoted from thome_26 in another thread today:

"Your presumptions are baseless."

Right on the button, thome_26.

This is 100% speculation on your part.

Dave Taylor admitted that he had inquired about Comrie and Lowe has said that he doesn't want to send Comrie to a conference rival.

That's all you or anyone who isn't involved with either organization knows.

Old
11-02-2003, 02:52 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Quoted from thome_26 in another thread today:

"Your presumptions are baseless."

Right on the button, thome_26.

This is 100% speculation on your part.

Dave Taylor admitted that he had inquired about Comrie and Lowe has said that he doesn't want to send Comrie to a conference rival.

That's all you or anyone who isn't involved with either organization knows.
lol. I'm not sure if I should say thanks, or if I should say HEY!?
lol

Old
11-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Teams are always iffy about giving up good young kids, and 80% of the time orig. expectations aren't what you get (to the good or the bad). From what I gather, I think the Kings have made a good offer but Lowe is waiting to see if he can possibly get that good return from a team in the east.
The thing is, Comrie is also a "young kid". Any team that gets Comrie isn't doing it to increase the veteran content of their roster. He's a young guy that can contribute on any team in the league...immediately.

Old
11-02-2003, 03:22 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
The thing is, Comrie is also a "young kid". Any team that gets Comrie isn't doing it to increase the veteran content of their roster. He's a young guy that can contribute on any team in the league...immediately.
I know, that's what I was saying in the Comrie thread on the trade/rumour board.

Old
11-02-2003, 03:57 PM
willie

Another LA-EDM article. LINK

The article lists Cammalleri, Frolov & Kuznetsov as names being discussed.

Here's a list of guys I would have to assume have been discussed to some degree (provided talks have entered a somewhat serious stage) in any trade talks:

Forwards
Mike Cammalleri
Alexander Frolov
Eric Belanger
Jeff Tambellini
Dustin Brown
Esa Pirnes
Any other forward prospect (Boyle, Anshakov, Pushkarov, Kanko etc.)

Defense
Maxim Kuznetsov
Lubimor Visnovsky
Tim Gleason
Denis Grebeshkov
Joe Corvo
Martin Strbak
Aaron Rome

The potential for a deal is certainly there. It all depends on how much Taylor is willing to give up and how highly Lowe values some of the Kings players.

Old
11-02-2003, 04:27 PM
zeppelin97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
We dont need LA's through aways and huge potential prospects. This is Hockeys future and the Oilers need to ensure their future success with a smart deal. Not picks and prospects for our #1 center.
Don't you mean altanta and buffalo throw aways? I honestly don't see a strong market for undersized one-dimensional scorers demanding $3 million or whatever he's demanding (edmonton doesn't seem interested in his salary demands so why should any other NHL team have a different opinion?)

Old
11-02-2003, 05:36 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin97
Don't you mean altanta and buffalo throw aways? I honestly don't see a strong market for undersized one-dimensional scorers demanding $3 million or whatever he's demanding (edmonton doesn't seem interested in his salary demands so why should any other NHL team have a different opinion?)
Both sides are repeatedly saying it isn't about the money. Whether that's true or not, who knows. Neither side has said what kind of $ Comrie is asking for, in either base salary or bonuses; everything is guessing.

Old
11-02-2003, 06:41 PM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Cammelleri is out with yet another concussion. This kid is going to have a short career at this rate.
Hey! Happy Birthday buddy, hopefully, you wont wake up with that overly concussed headachey feeling, but if you are tipping a cool one be safe. Hope you are having a good day.

Old
11-02-2003, 07:18 PM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin97
Alright, heres my angle. Comrie is a proven 25 goal scorer. Over the past 2 years hes scored key goals at clutch times. OT winners in the playoffs. GTG's in the final minutes an such. He has value. This is a concrete point.

I dont know why the Oilers and Comrie are at odds. I really dont. Maybe Bill Comrie took Karen Percy out for dinner? I'm clueless there. But whatever it is isn't devaluing what Comrie brings to the table on the frozen sheet.

What has Stefan done at the NHL level? Connoly?? Coburn...

Im not K-Lo and dont pretend to be. But doesn't it matter that people are paying good Canadian greenbacks to see them play. I've been to 2 games this year and was treated to 2 victories. But the season ticket holders watch every dreadful loss. 3-0 blown leads.
Crappy powerplay. If you can call it that.

Anyways, Comrie should be traded for a good NHL player. If it doesn't improve our team today, it isn't a good move.

Old
11-02-2003, 07:21 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Alright, heres my angle. Comrie is a proven 25 goal scorer. Over the past 2 years hes scored key goals at clutch times. OT winners in the playoffs. GTG's in the final minutes an such. He has value. This is a concrete point.

I dont know why the Oilers and Comrie are at odds. I really dont. Maybe Bill Comrie took Karen Percy out for dinner? I'm clueless there. But whatever it is isn't devaluing what Comrie brings to the table on the frozen sheet.

Im not K-Lo and dont pretend to be. But doesn't it matter that people are paying good Canadian greenbacks to see them play. I've been to 2 games this year and was treated to 2 victories. But the season ticket holders watch every dreadful loss. 3-0 blown leads.

Anyways, Comrie should be traded for a good NHL player. If it doesn't improve our team today, it isn't a good move.
You can't be short sighted as a small market team, and you are talking as if you are. Youth and potential are a big part of our team and will be for a while. It's the happy medium that we need to find between potential and proven for Comrie. But I'll tell you that if at the draft somebody offers the first OV pick, I'd take it because that would be a good move.

Old
11-02-2003, 07:31 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
You can't be short sighted as a small market team, and you are talking as if you are. Youth and potential are a big part of our team and will be for a while. It's the happy medium that we need to find between potential and proven for Comrie. But I'll tell you that if at the draft somebody offers the first OV pick, I'd take it because that would be a good move.
I understand where alot of people are coming from, and frankly I think we could acquire a Stefan (don't want him) or Connolly (would fit in excellent) for alot less than Mike Comrie.

BTW, with Russia opting out of the IIHF, there may soon be transfer fees on Russian prospects. In the sports this morning I think it was, they were commenting the possible transfer fee on Ovechkin could reach "Beckham-like" proportions. Scary. Anyone have a link?

Old
11-02-2003, 07:34 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
I understand where alot of people are coming from, and frankly I think we could acquire a Stefan (don't want him) or Connolly (would fit in excellent) for alot less than Mike Comrie.

BTW, with Russia opting out of the IIHF, there may soon be transfer fees on Russian prospects. In the sports this morning I think it was, they were commenting the possible transfer fee on Ovechkin could reach "Beckham-like" proportions. Scary. Anyone have a link?
WHAT? holy crap. I mean, to say that it will reach Beckham-like proportions is a disgusting over-statement as hockey isn't NEARLY as popular/rich as soccer.

When/Why is Russia opting out of the IIHF??????!!!!!!!!!?????? where'd you hear this?

Old
11-02-2003, 07:46 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
WHAT? holy crap. I mean, to say that it will reach Beckham-like proportions is a disgusting over-statement as hockey isn't NEARLY as popular/rich as soccer.

When/Why is Russia opting out of the IIHF??????!!!!!!!!!?????? where'd you hear this?
Think it was the journal sports this morning, lemme look, I'll try to find it.

Yeah, it's in "Matty's Snapshots" in the tid-bit on Zherdev.

Old
11-02-2003, 08:13 PM
Fists of Fuhry

Quote:

So what you are implying is that by having comrie back, we will no longer have to enure 3-0 blown leads? Nor will we have dreadful losses? Call me crazy but I doubt that Comrie is the difference between our successes and our failures. If you're asking me, its because the new faces are still adapting to gel together to form a solid team identity that is causing the Oilers' inconsistencies. I have faith that when this team gels (with or without mike), its gonna be fun times for us all - ala 'nucks style.

Old
11-02-2003, 08:31 PM
gbl1p

As far as the proposed deals involving Tim Gleason, keep in mind that it is thought that a major reason why he didn't come to terms with the Ottawa Senators was because he did not want to play in Canada. Call me crazy, but I don't think that type of mojo would fly too well in Edmonton.

Old
11-02-2003, 08:34 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbl1p
As far as the proposed deals involving Tim Gleason, keep in mind that it is thought that a major reason why he didn't come to terms with the Ottawa Senators was because he did not want to play in Canada.
I remember hearing something about this and couldn't remember if it was Gleason or another prospect. Is this fairly close to a fact or is it just speculation?

Old
11-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Cujo_31

Quote:

yea, it was in the sports section today of the Edmonton Journal..Russia might opt out of the IIHF, and the figure the edmonton Journal used i believe was a "$10 million transfer fee"..but there are still gonna be some top-notch North American players in the draft...

Closed Thread