HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

12/5/11 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2011, 09:21 PM
dbieon12
Stamkos HOF

vCash: 500

This sums it up.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:22 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Ahhhh losing to this god awful team always feels good.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:23 PM
LoSTRaMaiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
I like him, he was just too inconsistent. However, after the all star break he was fantastic and I was kinda of hoping we'd bring him back. I can't fault Yzerman for letting him walk though.
he did kind of get screwed last season i thought(being told he had his job, then getting sent down for reconditioning or whatever, then getting put on waivers or something). maybe phoenix offered him a starting job, more money or something and he couldn't turn it down. i don't know the specifics of the deal he got. i am glad he's doing well now

Old
12-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
We need to make a move soon, when we can still salvage this season. If we don't, we're signing up for the Yakupov sweepstakes.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:25 PM
MrMcGz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSTRaMaiR View Post
didn't lundin miss a lot of games last year? kubina has gotten worse, but was never that great i thought. and i thought ohlund was horrible last season, like kubina this season with turnovers, laziness, missing hits that lead to odd man rushes, etc.

if ohlund is the answer to our problems, then i hope he gets better soon. what is wrong with him anyway?
Lundin missed 13 games with his abdomen issue.
He played more than Gagne, Malone, and Downie.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:26 PM
AllAbout813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Ahhhh losing to this god awful team always feels good.
We're god awful too now though. We are definitely one of the lower caliber teams in the league this year, so no game is going to be one that we should win because we either suck as bad as other teams or are just plain worse

Old
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Thanks for those key saves Dwayne, appreciate it!

..oh wait.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:52 PM
TBLHoser

We'd be in last place in our "new" division next year. Can't blame ownership or SFY for this mess like that "other" TB franchise. No sense of urgency, no desire......

Old
12-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Calling up Tyrell gave us a little juice to our bottom 6 but now it's just pathetic now. Time to make a trade for some defense. Time to play Garon until he can't stand up anymore due to exhaustion. We suck.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:00 PM
MrMcGz

You can definitely see the Jay Feaster era drafting coming back to really hamper us these days. During that time, teams in our own division like Washington, and Florida got great talent pools while we have almost no depth. It will take another 3-5 years for SFY to restock the cupboards.

No homegrown talent means higher cap hit to plug in FAs to remain competitive, or stay a bottom feeder while you rake in the lottery picks like, Col, TOR, OTT, FL, STL last few years.

Last edited by MrMcGz: 12-05-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old
12-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcGz View Post
You can definitely see the Jay Feaster era drafting coming back to really hamper us these days. During that time, teams in our own division like Washington, and Florida got great talent pools while we have almost no depth. It will take another 3-5 years for SFY to restock the cupboards.
Non-sense we can always call up one of Mihalik, Rogers, or Smaby to help out on..

Old
12-05-2011, 10:05 PM
MrMcGz

Can we get Wishart back from the Isles?

Old
12-05-2011, 10:06 PM
zeykshade

Quote:

No homegrown talent means higher cap hit to plug in FAs to remain competitive, or stay a bottom feeder while you rake in the lottery picks like, Col, TOR, OTT, FL last few years.
Agree. Last year was a fluke in that we played above and beyond expectations. The rebuild is happening now and it will for the next couple years I'm betting. Our expectations were too high. It's not like I'm going to become a fan of another team. As long as the hands at the helm are steady and steer the team in the right direction and no one ****ing panics, we'll be just fine.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:10 PM
MrMcGz

At least the scouting staff was completely revamped by Lawton and an SFY. We still need to try to get some prospects through trades and possibly sign Suter as a FA.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:59 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Speaking of Smitty, he won in a shootout.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 12-06-2011 at 05:31 AM. Reason: filter workaround
Old
12-06-2011, 04:59 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Nothing works at the moment which worries me. Goaltending sucks, defense sucks, offense sucks, pk sucks and pp sucks..it's not a quick fix to sort it out.

12-06-2011, 05:41 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
Nothing works at the moment which worries me. Goaltending sucks, defense sucks, offense sucks, pk sucks and pp sucks..it's not a quick fix to sort it out.
Time machine fixes all problems.

Also, the Puppa clone we had in storage isn't going to happen. Vinik let the clones go when he decided to renovate the floors, as to prevent the project's discovery by the construction workers.

The first thing Puppa-clone stopped was a bus.

Maybe we can get Vokoun from Washington as we're not going to be in the same division as them anymore. (although I'd prefer Cam Ward quite honestly)

Last edited by Felonious Python: 12-06-2011 at 06:06 AM.
Old
12-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Trade for Suter, whatever it takes to get him in tampa excluding big 3 and Hedman

Old
12-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
Agree. Last year was a fluke in that we played above and beyond expectations. The rebuild is happening now and it will for the next couple years I'm betting. Our expectations were too high. It's not like I'm going to become a fan of another team. As long as the hands at the helm are steady and steer the team in the right direction and no one ****ing panics, we'll be just fine.
Yep, we know where they are and what they are. I can handle that as long as there is finally some sanity in the front office.

I still cannot for the life of me explain the total shutdown from these guys on the ice though. They have quite a few games now that they should have won. You can see the point right after the goalie lets in a massive softie where they all just know they have lost and give up. No fight to em whatsoever. Not even from our high intensity guys like Marty and Downie.

As far as Smith goes, IIRC he was offered a contract but chose Phoenix because he was almost guaranteed a starting position. It's too bad, but he was far to inconsistent to be guaranteed that here with how Roli ended last season.

Old
12-06-2011, 07:16 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Trade for Suter, whatever it takes to get him in tampa excluding big 3 and Hedman
Why would Nashville want to trade Suter? They're facing the possibility of losing Weber in the coming years, and Suter's signed for a reasonable $3.5m.

Old
12-06-2011, 10:58 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Why would Nashville want to trade Suter? They're facing the possibility of losing Weber in the coming years, and Suter's signed for a reasonable $3.5m.
Suter is an UFA at years end. Weber is a RFA at years end. Big difference in who would be easier for them to retain.

Old
12-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Suter is a UFA if I'm not mistaken, they will keep Weber IMO

Old
12-06-2011, 11:49 AM
newham89

They'll keep both just like we kept all of our stars. Good for them. Bad for us.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:35 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Try driving down to Ottawa to watch the game, being one of the the only ones there wearing a Tampa jersey and then having to drive home with your girlfriend in the car who's a big Sens fan...made for a terrible night.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:

No homegrown talent means higher cap hit to plug in FAs to remain competitive, or stay a bottom feeder while you rake in the lottery picks like, Col, TOR, OTT, FL, STL last few years.
You realise Tampa has had better draft picks then pretty much all of those teams.

Closed Thread