HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Omark to Barons - All Omark Discussion Here

Old
12-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

vCash: 500
There you go people, Linus in Sweden in a bad situation, is giving the generic stock answers you all want to hear. Can we please put the Linus is a whiner who wants out crap to rest?

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 07:01 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorulf View Post
That's why the injury came at a very bad time. Maybe it is not required to play in Edmonton by the end of Janurary, but the Oils managment should have made it clear by then for Linus what the long-term plan for him in the club is. It breaks down to basic communication. If Omark get the feeling that they are willing to invest icetime in him, then i think he will stick around. But if not - why should he stay? Just to give Oilers som trade value?
Back in Luleć he would be recived as a king, get more cash and play playoffs ()*

*Due to the fact that this board is crowded with posters who is more or less Linus-unfriendly and tend to complain about this "attitude", it can't be said enough the Linus time and time again has said that NHL and the Oilers is the prio one.
I don't comment about his attitude--I comments about his lack of NHL talent

as I have said since day 1--he is more suited to the european game then the nhl game

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
I don't comment about his attitude--I comments about his lack of NHL talent

as I have said since day 1--he is more suited to the european game then the nhl game
So him playing a defensive role shows off his talent?

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Son of Krypton

It's kind of funny, I read a tweet about a week before that radio interview from a guy who claimed he was sitting next to Omark at Stockholm Arlanda Airport.
But it seems only the Oilers and the Barons knew he was going back to Sweden, since Swedish media missed it completely.
Now, after that radio interview, he's suddenly everywhere.
The official SEL site even published a story on him today.

The SEL interview is much of the same:
"It's nice that European teams are interested. I appreciate that. But I want to compete against the best, and that's why I want to get back to the NHL."

He says this is the first time in his career that he's missed games due to injury (I guess the back problems that made him turn down an invitation to the WHC doesn't count?).

He'll fly back to North America December 14, to either OKC or Edmonton.
He says he hopes to do his rehab in Edmonton.
(Is that even possible without a call-up, I wonder? Any restrictions?)

He doesn't know how long rehab will take, but he won't rush it.
He wants to make sure he's fully recovered.

Son of Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 10:08 AM
LimpDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Krypton View Post
[i]
If you don't get back to the NHL - is the KHL your second choice, or the SEL?
- I haven't even thought about it. I don't want to think about that. It would steal energy from my efforts to get back to the NHL.

I like this statement. Successful individuals are able to focus all their energy towards their goals...i hope he continues to keep this focus...let his agent worry about "plan B"

I also am hopeful that the injury will be a blessing in disguise...i am hopeful the oilers can make the playoffs...and Omark coming back from Oklahoma with a fire under his ass might really give the push the team may need

LimpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 10:09 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
So him playing a defensive role shows off his talent?

if he could get 80+ pts in the nhl it would be a none issue

Do you think he can 80+ points in the nhl?

he is a third liner in the nhler and 3rd liners need to learn how to play a good two way game and he has always lacked that ability.

Since the love in began with this guy I have been arguing with people about his ability to adapt to the NHL style of play.

Some people want him in a top 6 spot right away--and I had and still have a problem with this

People fell in love with his youtube videos and failed to see the overall problem with him

Some people are worried he will come back and bite us in the ass like Satan did--Satan admitted a few years ago that the defensive aspect of the game the oilers wanted him to play did not sink in till a few years later in and still he was often the last guy teams tossed on the ice during crunch time.

omark is no Satan

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
There you go people, Linus in Sweden in a bad situation, is giving the generic stock answers you all want to hear.
I realize you're being sarcastic, but for the record, he wasn't just giving stock answers in that radio interview.
In fact, it wasn't even a traditional interview - it was more like a round table talk about professional athletes and how they deal with injuries. Pretty laid back.
Besides the host and Linus, basketball pro Frida Aili was in the studio.
She just played her first game in nine months after suffering a serious knee injury. Poor girl.

Anyway.
I bet Linus felt pretty comfortable in that studio.

Son of Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
if he could get 80+ pts in the nhl it would be a none issue

Do you think he can 80+ points in the nhl?

he is a third liner in the nhler and 3rd liners need to learn how to play a good two way game and he has always lacked that ability.

Since the love in began with this guy I have been arguing with people about his ability to adapt to the NHL style of play.

Some people want him in a top 6 spot right away--and I had and still have a problem with this

People fell in love with his youtube videos and failed to see the overall problem with him

Some people are worried he will come back and bite us in the ass like Satan did--Satan admitted a few years ago that the defensive aspect of the game the oilers wanted him to play did not sink in till a few years later in and still he was often the last guy teams tossed on the ice during crunch time.

omark is no Satan
Well there is no point in arguing with you, if you think that Omark is a 3rd liner...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Eirhead*

Linus needs to work on his North American transition game. He loves to dangle, but he'd be better at the NHL level if he made the fast, simple, most effective, quick passes through the neutral zone.

I think he has the vision to be very effective, nobody is ragging on his tenacity either. Basically, if you're a good hockey player, you can fit 1-2-3 or 4th line. His problem is he dangles it too much (and is 5'10") and good NHL defensemen will have nothing of it.

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Thorulf

Let's turn it around;

In all this talk about the rebuild; isn't it more to gain that to lose to give Omark top-6 ice time and some PP-time?

Thorulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Let's turn it around;

In all this talk about the rebuild; isn't it more to gain that to lose to give Omark top-6 ice time and some PP-time?
IF the team sees Omark as an option going forward they need to make room for him. We're talking moving one or both of Gagner and Hemsky to free up room for him. I am not opposed to moving either player right now. That said Renney didn't want to have an all Swede line (I don't know why?), so I think that he's in tough rightly or wrongly. I'd like to see him get another shot here, but it probably won't come unless a trade is made or Paajarvi is sent down eventually when Omark returns.

12-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Hockey Nightmare

He's yet another small forward...

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 11:59 AM
oilers92

Quote:
Well there is no point in arguing with you, if you think that Omark is a 3rd liner...
lw-hall-smyth-prv
rw-eberle-hemsky-omark

seems to me at best hes on the 3rd line.... and even then i would rather have the hard working physical jones playing there, hes either got to play better or learn how to play a 2 way game and play harder then get ice time through hard work like jones and then he can show his offense

oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:29 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
On the Oilers he is a third liner though. Our top 2 lines are more or less solidified. And this year he is definitely not beating out any of the other wingers. Maybe if he improves his passing and his off the puck play by next season he could be in our top 6. But right now if he was in Edmonton he would be a third liner.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Horseradish

Quote:
Let's turn it around;

This.

Omark has some serious talent, and while he isn't worth anything right now really, if Edmonton is committed to this rebuild, they'll give him some legit chances to succeed and then at the very least deal him for a *more* useful piece for this rebuild.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:09 PM
McArthur

Shows promise, for his age, he better show promise. To be inconsistent at his age is a gamble. Gagner, hemsky, eberle, hall, and paajarvi are better gambles.

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
You make this sound like a bad thing..

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

His back skating yet? Anyone who actually knows anything?

Last edited by Jimmi McJenkins: 12-06-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 02:04 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
This.

Omark has some serious talent, and while he isn't worth anything right now really, if Edmonton is committed to this rebuild, they'll give him some legit chances to succeed and then at the very least deal him for a *more* useful piece for this rebuild.
So you suggest we stop giving a kid that has taken all his chances and has grown with them?

Or you are suggesting that we start giving away our top rw's time who is a UFA and is going to wonder why some kid who wasn't producing is more important to this team than he is?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Eirhead*

Look how good the Barons are doing right now. They are currently sitting first in the AHL. That's our system. And Todd Nelson was quoted as saying it's hard to get Omark to work on the little things because he is too good for the AHL.

The process is working. Just give it time, these things don't have to happen instantly.

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Thorulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Read before post?
(Protip is staring with post #823)

Thorulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
The previous page has the update on him. He plans on returning to Edmonton or OKC Dec 14thish. Then by his estimations, he thinks the cast will be coming off Dec 29th then he starts serious rehab and hopes to be back in game action by mid-january at the earliest.

Hopefully the cast can come off sooner though.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Perfect_Drug

He's proven he's an adequate NHLer.

Problem is, he doesn't fit the team anymore. Right player for the NHL, wrong situation.

Must eat him up knowing he's better than quite a number of NHL regulars.

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Read before post?
(Protip is staring with post #823)
Thanks chief, it's annoying to have to sort through the garbage to find it, so I figure just straight up asking was simpler.

Old
12-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
The previous page has the update on him. He plans on returning to Edmonton or OKC Dec 14thish. Then by his estimations, he thinks the cast will be coming off Dec 29th then he starts serious rehab and hopes to be back in game action by mid-january at the earliest.

Hopefully the cast can come off sooner though.
Thanks for the update, and I 2nd you're hopes for him. He was playing well, then this, ugh. Hopefully there are no ill effects from the break either.