HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

44th Obsequious Banter Thread - The Most Interesting Thread in the World

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2011, 12:13 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That was pretty grand. I present his bass counterpart:

About half way through he goes insane. I don't know how he plays this crap on a fretless, but he does. I have a hard enough time playing in tune on my 4 string fretless without throwing in the constant false harmonics. I've been watching this video for about 2 years now, and his hair still creeps me out.
That is hauntingly beautiful. Just watching how he flicks his index finger as a back rhythm for what the rest of his hand is doing is amazing.

And speaking of music, rock took another kick to the shins when some nameless corporate schmoe set up the account for a Wal-Mart commercial to feature AC/DC's Back in Black.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:35 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
I just got back from a pretty awesome 13 day sports trip to the Mid-West.

Here's what I saw live on the trip:

Games I saw live on my trip:

Pens vs Sens
Bengals vs Browns
Jackets vs Blues (same day as Bengals/Browns )
Ohio State vs Duke (men's basketball)
Red Wings vs Lightning
Blackhawks vs Isles
Bears vs Chiefs (worst football game ever played by two offences on the same field)

The longest I went without watching a live event over 13 days was 2 days, which was at the start of the trip.

12-05-2011, 11:41 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
I just got back from a pretty awesome 13 day sports trip to the Mid-West.

Here's what I saw live on the trip:

Games I saw live on my trip:

Pens vs Sens
Bengals vs Browns
Jackets vs Blues (same day as Bengals/Browns )
Ohio State vs Duke (men's basketball)
Red Wings vs Lightning
Blackhawks vs Isles
Bears vs Chiefs (worst football game ever played by two offences on the same field)

The longest I went without watching a live event over 13 days was 2 days, which was at the start of the trip.
Awesome! What were the best venues and best crowds?

Old
12-06-2011, 01:41 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
That is hauntingly beautiful. Just watching how he flicks his index finger as a back rhythm for what the rest of his hand is doing is amazing.

And speaking of music, rock took another kick to the shins when some nameless corporate schmoe set up the account for a Wal-Mart commercial to feature AC/DC's Back in Black.
My old bass teacher was incredible on the instrument. Just, insanely good. So good that during one lesson, I asked him to help me figure out "You Can't Hold No Groove." My teacher got to a point where he wasn't sure what Wooten was doing, so he took out his cell phone...and ****ing called him and asked. This was just a bit mindblowing..but he was indeed good enough to be on speaking terms with victor wooten. A real bargain at 20 bucks a lesson. (understatement.)

My point here is that my teacher was incredibly accomplished. His left hand skills and slap skills were excellent, and that's why I was going to him...my left hand skills were and still are lacking. However, after a couple months...my teacher was looking at me and trying to learn from me when it came to right-hand fingerstyle technique. It led to an interesting collaboration. Anyways, my point here is that when it comes to right handed bass playing, I'm no slouch at all. Primus? No problem. Tool? Whatever, most of it is done with a pick, fancy thumbwork is more efficient anyways. However...this Steve Bailey song...holy ****. It's so far above and beyond my skill level I have no words for it. Not only does he have his index finger playing a constant drone, he's also throwing in an insane amount of false harmonics, which are all in tune.

Steve Bailey is easily the most under-appreciated musician alive. (That statement might be a bit dramatic, but whatever)

12-06-2011, 02:06 AM
A Clerk
Schennergy

different nicknames for mustaches? like muzzy or lip tickler

Old
12-06-2011, 02:26 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Clerk View Post
different nicknames for mustaches? like muzzy or lip tickler
flavor saver

Old
12-06-2011, 03:54 AM
SolidSnakeUS

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/12...n_1130601.html

My god.

Old
12-06-2011, 08:04 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
My old bass teacher was incredible on the instrument. Just, insanely good. So good that during one lesson, I asked him to help me figure out "You Can't Hold No Groove." My teacher got to a point where he wasn't sure what Wooten was doing, so he took out his cell phone...and ****ing called him and asked. This was just a bit mindblowing..but he was indeed good enough to be on speaking terms with victor wooten. A real bargain at 20 bucks a lesson. (understatement.)

My point here is that my teacher was incredibly accomplished. His left hand skills and slap skills were excellent, and that's why I was going to him...my left hand skills were and still are lacking. However, after a couple months...my teacher was looking at me and trying to learn from me when it came to right-hand fingerstyle technique. It led to an interesting collaboration. Anyways, my point here is that when it comes to right handed bass playing, I'm no slouch at all. Primus? No problem. Tool? Whatever, most of it is done with a pick, fancy thumbwork is more efficient anyways. However...this Steve Bailey song...holy ****. It's so far above and beyond my skill level I have no words for it. Not only does he have his index finger playing a constant drone, he's also throwing in an insane amount of false harmonics, which are all in tune.

Steve Bailey is easily the most under-appreciated musician alive. (That statement might be a bit dramatic, but whatever)
That (cell call to Victor Wooten) is an incredible story, Beef. I'd be catching flies standing next to him.

This video is the kind that makes non-players say, "I want to play to be like that," and players of lesser talent say, "I don't ever want to play again." I'm in the latter category (guitar, not bass), just mediocre enough to lead simple songs at church.

Old
12-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

vCash: 50
Boy I miss these

Old
12-06-2011, 02:44 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Just got an iPhone4 (not S). Was going to get a Thunderbolt but it was actually $50 more so I went with the iPhone. Anyone have any good apps to dl? I got The Onion and Words With Friends so far.

Old
12-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Just got an iPhone4 (not S). Was going to get a Thunderbolt but it was actually $50 more so I went with the iPhone. Anyone have any good apps to dl? I got The Onion and Words With Friends so far.
I have the twitter app. If you have an account thats always useful. Scorecenter, and NHL gamecenter are good as well. Other than that I have all my weather apps and local news accounts also haha. The app "around me" is useful when you need to know where local establishments or anything of that sorts is around you. Thats about all I have hope any little bit helps. There also is a website that can help with the best apps but I dont't know what it is sorry

Old
12-06-2011, 03:11 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
You can't have an iPhone without Angry Birds.

Old
12-06-2011, 03:17 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I have the twitter app. If you have an account thats always useful. Scorecenter, and NHL gamecenter are good as well. Other than that I have all my weather apps and local news accounts also haha. The app "around me" is useful when you need to know where local establishments or anything of that sorts is around you. Thats about all I have hope any little bit helps. There also is a website that can help with the best apps but I dont't know what it is sorry
Thanks. Yeah I started getting all my sports apps right after I posted that. Twitter and Facebook too. Around me is awesome, good recommendation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
You can't have an iPhone without Angry Birds.
Not much of a phone gamer. I downloaded solitaire and snake but that's about as far as I go when it comes to games and phones.

Old
12-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Krishna

Angry birds is overrated

Old
12-06-2011, 03:24 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Honestly, I can't stand Angry Birds. It's just bleh.

Old
12-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Prongo
Beer

angry birds does get boring after awhile. The game that I have on my phone is Shanghai(Chinese solitaire). I love it, but my friends think it's stupid lol

Old
12-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:

Holy **** haha. That's awesome. I don't think I'd be able to comprehend what was going on when he did that.

Old
12-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Krishna

Worst song ever?

Old
12-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post

Worst song ever?
I don't even.....

Why did I watch the whole thing?

Old
12-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I don't even.....

Why did I watch the whole thing?
I was on youtube and clicked it by accident.. At the beginning i was expecting so much different..

Was terrible

Old
12-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
I was on youtube and clicked it by accident.. At the beginning i was expecting so much different..

Was terrible
Terrible isn't the word for that. The girl with brown hair at the end looks familiar but I don't know where I know her from

Old
12-06-2011, 05:03 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:

Was terrible
They are definitely one of the worst "bands" to ever exist.

Old
12-06-2011, 05:31 PM
SolidSnakeUS

For some reason, I just can't stop laughing when I watch that video .

Old
12-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Krishna

Old
12-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Krishna

Closed Thread