HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Tom Preissing?

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2003, 02:11 PM
AEKaki

vCash: 500
Tom Preissing?

Hey guys,

since the San Jose Shark's board isn't that informative, I just wanted to know more about this defenceman.
Is he good? What's his potential?
Can anyone tell me what kind of defenceman he is? He does play alot for a rookie. And what do you expect from him?

Thanks

Old
10-31-2003, 02:59 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
He's another one of those over looked NCAAers. An undrafeted player direcly to the NHL. He has very good offenseve skills. Started off as a top end passer on the point. By his senior year he started to jump in the play and has a good shot. Had almost as many goals as assists his senior year. He is probally an underrated skater, the WCHA plays mostly on olympic ice. So he has better than avg speed, kept up well on the big sheet.

Do people think that with guys like Preissing and Senja going undrafted that NCAA will be looked at even closer when it comes to draft day?

Old
11-02-2003, 06:39 PM
AEKaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher
He's another one of those over looked NCAAers. An undrafeted player direcly to the NHL. He has very good offenseve skills. Started off as a top end passer on the point. By his senior year he started to jump in the play and has a good shot. Had almost as many goals as assists his senior year. He is probally an underrated skater, the WCHA plays mostly on olympic ice. So he has better than avg speed, kept up well on the big sheet.

Do people think that with guys like Preissing and Senja going undrafted that NCAA will be looked at even closer when it comes to draft day?

NCAA will get alot more attention.
Obviously.
Team scouts will be alot more serious on the NCAA.

Thanks for the info.

Old
11-02-2003, 08:46 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkouklos
Hey guys,

since the San Jose Shark's board isn't that informative, I just wanted to know more about this defenceman.
Is he good? What's his potential?
Can anyone tell me what kind of defenceman he is? He does play alot for a rookie. And what do you expect from him?

Thanks

Never saw this thread in the Sharks board but anyways to answer yer question...basically how MN_Gophers described him. Good speed, great passing, offensive defenseman. I like him better than Fahey as I think his defensive game is a bit better. I thought he had the edge over Ehrhoff (another guy I really like) for the 6th spot on defense and as you can see it looks like I was correct...but Ehrhoff should be back sooner rather than later. Preissing's top end potential? I'd say 4th defenseman but he should be a solid 5-6 type. You can expect lots of PP time for him and around 25-30 points a year.

11-02-2003, 10:44 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

I agree with MN_Gophers and Patty Ice's comments. Preissing was terrific last season and I'm glad to see that he cracked the Sharks roster too. I'm enjoying watching him play...when he's in the lineup that is.

I'll add this to MN_Gophers' comments: Preissing led all NCAA defencemen in scoring last season. (FYI, MN_Gophers several other NCAA teams outside the WCHA also play on an Olympic sized home rinks...UNH's Whittemore Centre is one that comes to mind).

Closed Thread