HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

12/5 Justin Braun recalled

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2011, 05:21 PM
  #1
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 53,632
vCash: 500
12/5 Justin Braun recalled

http://theahl.com/stats/transactions...&f_team_id=370


Douglas Murray has (heavily) taped hand/wrist (didn't skate yesterday, skating alone today), so guessing that Braun is being recalled while he's out.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:31 PM
  #2
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 16,832
vCash: 500
Most interesting part of this is that Braun does play, and White does not, what does that say about White? The one guy in the lineup he is most well suited to replace is out of the lineup and they choose to scratch him over a call-up.

Ouch.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:34 PM
  #3
Sharkway Drive
****ing All Star!
 
Sharkway Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SF
Posts: 1,522
vCash: 500
Would have liked to see Irwin or Petrecki up to get a cup of coffee or something. But then again I would rather play Braun than White.

Sharkway Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:36 PM
  #4
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 29,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Most interesting part of this is that Braun does play, and White does not, what does that say about White? The one guy in the lineup he is most well suited to replace is out of the lineup and they choose to scratch him over a call-up.

Ouch.
I don't know. I'm more interested in seeing how either Braun or Demers plays the left side if both happen to be in the lineup. However, I think they will bench Demers and play both White and Vandy instead. I hope not though because Demers had been improving and doesn't deserve a scratch at this stage, I don't think.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:37 PM
  #5
Chubbs
Toasty
 
Chubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: parent's basement
Posts: 2,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Most interesting part of this is that Braun does play, and White does not, what does that say about White? The one guy in the lineup he is most well suited to replace is out of the lineup and they choose to scratch him over a call-up.

Ouch.
Maybe they're scratching Demers again.

He was out for I think three of the goals against during the Panthers game, though two of them he had absolutely no control over and I don't even remember the third. Hopefully he's not getting scapegoated because he's finally starting to regain his confidence IMO.

Chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:06 PM
  #6
StalockSuperfan
Registered User
 
StalockSuperfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
Or Braun is just extra and will be scratched.

StalockSuperfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:20 PM
  #7
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 29,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
Maybe they're scratching Demers again.

He was out for I think three of the goals against during the Panthers game, though two of them he had absolutely no control over and I don't even remember the third. Hopefully he's not getting scapegoated because he's finally starting to regain his confidence IMO.
I really hope not. That would be an awful exercise of scapegoating to put White's horrible giveaway on him and putting Boyle's lazy pass on the power play on him.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:26 PM
  #8
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,187
vCash: 500
WorSharks are heading to the Maritimes Thursday for the weekend...I would expect Braun to stay in SJ until Monday when they come back.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:28 PM
  #9
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkway Drive View Post
Would have liked to see Irwin or Petrecki up to get a cup of coffee or something. But then again I would rather play Braun than White.
If you followed me on twitter you'd have read that when I head a recall was possible what I though the likelihood was:

Quote:
Recall percentages: 75% chance it's Braun, 20% chance it's Petrecki, 4% chance it's Irwin, and 1% chance it's Acolatse.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:40 PM
  #10
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 22,815
vCash: 2810
Just play Vandy.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:53 PM
  #11
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan View Post
Or Braun is just extra and will be scratched.
why would they need to call up someone just to scratch him? that is just a waste of cap space.

wilson had been so good with his cap space wheeling and dealing in the past, but now that he has that extra few dollars he has become absolutely attrocious with dealing with it now.

Barrie22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:58 PM
  #12
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!
 
Negatively Positive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,606
vCash: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
why would they need to call up someone just to scratch him? that is just a waste of cap space.

wilson had been so good with his cap space wheeling and dealing in the past, but now that he has that extra few dollars he has become absolutely attrocious with dealing with it now.
It's insurance. With Murray out, the Sharks have only 6 healthy defensemen on the roster. If someone gets hurt in practice or warmups, they're down to 5. Of course Braun might play but since it's Murray out, they'd probably put a similar player like Vandermeer in instead and Braun will be in the pressbox.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:09 AM
  #13
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
It's insurance. With Murray out, the Sharks have only 6 healthy defensemen on the roster. If someone gets hurt in practice or warmups, they're down to 5. Of course Braun might play but since it's Murray out, they'd probably put a similar player like Vandermeer in instead and Braun will be in the pressbox.
if someone gets hurt in practice (game day practice which is just a skate to get the legs warmed up), and the warm ups. then they do not deserve to be in the nhl any more.

like i said before, its a waste of cap space and with a player like braun it hurts his development to call him up just to bench him.

Barrie22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:12 AM
  #14
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!
 
Negatively Positive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,606
vCash: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
if someone gets hurt in practice (game day practice which is just a skate to get the legs warmed up), and the warm ups. then they do not deserve to be in the nhl any more.

like i said before, its a waste of cap space and with a player like braun it hurts his development to call him up just to bench him.
You're hurting Sami Salo's feelings

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:22 AM
  #15
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 302
to add, the sharks went with just 6 dmen on the roster almost religiously last season. until white arrived, then it went to 7.

Barrie22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:22 AM
  #16
Rickety Cricket
Registered User
 
Rickety Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not Kent Huskins
Country: United States
Posts: 28,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
If you followed me on twitter you'd have read that when I head a recall was possible what I though the likelihood was:
Quote:
Recall percentages: 75% chance it's Braun, 20% chance it's Petrecki, 4% chance it's Irwin, and 1% chance it's Acolatse.
So you're telling me there's a chance


Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:27 AM
  #17
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 22,815
vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
to add, the sharks went with just 6 dmen on the roster almost religiously last season. until white arrived, then it went to 7.
Maybe playing 10 defense 8 offense is all part of the process.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:44 AM
  #18
Rickety Cricket
Registered User
 
Rickety Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not Kent Huskins
Country: United States
Posts: 28,117
vCash: 500
What if we played only 10 players, but they were like really good players.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 12:59 AM
  #19
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!
 
Spacemania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Signpost Forest, YT
Country: United Nations
Posts: 28,280
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
So you're telling me there's a chance


Spacemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:58 AM
  #20
WTFetus
Moderator
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
to add, the sharks went with just 6 dmen on the roster almost religiously last season. until white arrived, then it went to 7.
Until White arrived, they always had Joslin in the press-box.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 02:01 AM
  #21
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 22,815
vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
What if we played only 10 players, but they were like really good players.
Go on...

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 02:49 AM
  #22
StalockSuperfan
Registered User
 
StalockSuperfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
if someone gets hurt in practice (game day practice which is just a skate to get the legs warmed up), and the warm ups. then they do not deserve to be in the nhl any more.
I'm sorry, what? If someone slips and falls awkwardly into the boards they don't deserve to be in the NHL anymore? If someone takes an accidental puck to the face they don't deserve to be in the NHL anymore? Silliest thing I've ever heard.

My apologies if you were being sarcastic, which I certainly hope you were...

StalockSuperfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 02:53 AM
  #23
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!
 
Spacemania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Signpost Forest, YT
Country: United Nations
Posts: 28,280
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Quote:
Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan View Post
I'm sorry, what? If someone slips and falls awkwardly into the boards they don't deserve to be in the NHL anymore? If someone takes an accidental puck to the face they don't deserve to be in the NHL anymore? Silliest thing I've ever heard.

My apologies if you were being sarcastic, which I certainly hope you were...
Indeed, there have been a great many NHLers thats been hurt in practice. The Sharks has had a couple of boo-boos this season so far I think. I can't recall who it was offhand though.

Spacemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 08:48 AM
  #24
rangerssharks414
Registered User
 
rangerssharks414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 9,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemania View Post
Indeed, there have been a great many NHLers thats been hurt in practice. The Sharks has had a couple of boo-boos this season so far I think. I can't recall who it was offhand though.
I think Nitty got hurt during warm ups last season.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 06:05 PM
  #25
AbsolonMoreau*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,587
vCash: 500
Clowe got a puck in the face at a practice this year or maybe it was a pre-game skate.

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.