HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Omark to Barons - All Omark Discussion Here

Old
12-06-2011, 08:54 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Thanks chief, it's annoying to have to sort through the garbage to find it, so I figure just straight up asking was simpler.
You mean garbage like posts by people who are too lazy to read the thread before posting?

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
if he could get 80+ pts in the nhl it would be a none issue

Do you think he can 80+ points in the nhl?

he is a third liner in the nhler and 3rd liners need to learn how to play a good two way game and he has always lacked that ability.

Since the love in began with this guy I have been arguing with people about his ability to adapt to the NHL style of play.

Some people want him in a top 6 spot right away--and I had and still have a problem with this

People fell in love with his youtube videos and failed to see the overall problem with him

Some people are worried he will come back and bite us in the ass like Satan did--Satan admitted a few years ago that the defensive aspect of the game the oilers wanted him to play did not sink in till a few years later in and still he was often the last guy teams tossed on the ice during crunch time.

omark is no Satan
80 points isn't the question. Hemsky came close to 80 once and that was it, so the mark is about 65-70 points for a defensively challenged fwd. And that's if he opts not to try at all.

To be honest this roster is probably too hard to crack for Linus with Smyth, Hall, Eberle and Hemsky, plus Gagner, and even some shifts for tougher contributor types like Jones and maybe Hartikainen/Petrell.

If he was in his second n/a season last year he would be a shoo-in on the ****** team we had. 3 or 4 years ago he would have been a star here.

If the Oilers don't make some roster decisions that work to his advantage, or there are no injuries, then he's probably trade bait.

None of this translates to "he doesn't have nhl talent" tho, that's a stupid argument. There are a lot of top 4 wingers in the league who couldn't crack the Oilers top 2 lines right now.

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Horseradish

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
So you suggest we stop giving a kid that has taken all his chances and has grown with them?

Or you are suggesting that we start giving away our top rw's time who is a UFA and is going to wonder why some kid who wasn't producing is more important to this team than he is?
Or neither.

Omark would be a hell of a lot more useful on the PP than either Belanger or Jones.

And playing him ES at shotgun with Horc and Smyth wouldn't be so bad either. Or even with Paajarvi.

Would 3 ES scoring lines be such a bad idea?

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Smyth Horc Hemsky
Paajarvi Gagner Omark

It's about asset management in a rebuild. If they trade him now, he won't get a return worth a 0.5 PPG producer as he was last year. If they keep hin buried in the minors, they lose him to Sweden for nothing. If they give him a bit of time to produce again, his value becomes much greater, and they either find a spot for him or they trade him for a piece that would be valuable in our rebuild.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:13 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
Or neither.

Omark would be a hell of a lot more useful on the PP than either Belanger or Jones.

And playing him ES at shotgun with Horc and Smyth wouldn't be so bad either. Or even with Paajarvi.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Smyth Horc Hemsky
Paajarvi Gagner Omark

It's about asset management in a rebuild. If they trade him now, he won't get a return worth a 0.5 PPG producer as he was last year. If they keep hin buried in the minors, they lose him to Sweden for nothing. If they give him a bit of time to produce again, his value becomes much greater, and they either find a spot for him or they trade him for a piece that would be valuable in our rebuild.
That third line as it stands would be junk. Two guys in the NHL who are struggling nightly tied to a player that wasn`t productive enough to stay in the NHL on a bad team.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
You mean garbage like posts by people who are too lazy to read the thread before posting?
You a 35 page thread where half of it is a group of people lamenting the tragic persecution of their fallen hero?

Yeah, I can pass on that garbage.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

vCash: 612
Quote:
Or neither.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Smyth Horc Hemsky
Paajarvi Gagner Omark

It is if it bumps Jones, who's more then earned his icetime this year.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:29 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
You a 35 page thread where half of it is a group of people lamenting the tragic persecution of their fallen hero?

Yeah, I can pass on that garbage.
Ironic...

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:15 AM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
Quote:
Or neither.

how so, by coughing up the puck and giving up short handed chances

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:36 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
how so, by coughing up the puck and giving up short handed chances
Yes, exactly, he'd be much more useful than B&J because he'd give up short handed chances... Admirable posting from your side.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:46 AM
LaGu

RW: Eberle, Hemsky.
LW: Smyth, Hall.

It doesn't matter if you think that Omark is a top 6 guy or not. There are only a couple of scenarios in which Omark will break top 6 in the Oilers. Injury to one of the above mentioned players, trade of one of the above mentioned players or if one of them goes on a huge slump over 20-30 games or so... Then he could possibly get a chance at top 6 minutes but he'd need perform right from the start.

Last scenario, and the only one which I think is most likely amongst these, is that he works his way back on to the 3rd line, starts producing consistently and shows dedication and discipline in his play. That is how it should be in my opinion. If he becomes a solid 3rd liner producing points and contributing to the team then he will be able to move up in the next couple of years.

I really hope he does work himself back into the Oilers line up but let's not live in the illusion that he can come in and push out one of our current top wingers. If you think that you'll be disappointed.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Peter The Great

Run it through google translator, risk of double post?
http://www.hockeykanalen.se/1.237890...lbaka_till_nhl

Injured Omark excludes games in the AHL: "Rather playing in Europe"
A crack in the foot forces Linus Omark to jump around on crutches. When the injury is healed hope 24-year-old on a new chance in the NHL. Otherwise, he prepared to leave North America.
- If it turns out that Edmonton wants me to play in the AHL when I am healthy so I stay rather stay here in Europe and play, says Omark when hockeysverige.se reach him at home in Luleć during his rehab.

Linus Omark had hoped and believed in a strong NHL season. Despite good game at the start of the series did not show the score from unmarked club and pretty soon it was clear that he would be relegated to the farm Team Oklahoma City Barons of the AHL.

Once there were scores of Omark. In their seven preliminary matches, he replied to seven points. But in the seventh game, it was an accident there.
- I went to the rink when it was a defenseman and knocked away one leg for me. Then I went into the boards while the other foot was left in the ice. The template to direct and I understood at once that it was something serious had happened, says Linus Omark when hockeysverige.se have a chat with him at home in Lulea.

How are you today?
- Yes, but that's pretty good now, anyway. Of course it is sad and very hard to get this injury. But now it has gone a few weeks ago it happened so hope begins well come back.

What is the prognosis?
- I have a crack in the foot, or fracture if you like, which means that I should go with plaster for six weeks and after that, it's probably some rehabilitation that are on the program.
- I needed in all cases, no surgery and going all right so I was completely recovered after they here six weeks. Though that which we know nothing about before removing plaster. I do not know myself when I can play again but I really hope that it is very soon anyway.

Why loose there at the start of the season in the Edmonton Oilers?
- Loosen.
- I do not know what to respond to it really. I only played five games and none of them were bad. On the contrary, I felt some of the games really well. It was the only score that did not occur. The shape was, in other words all the time really really good. Even so, I sit a lot in the stands before it became clear that I was going down and play in Oklahoma.

Where you showed to the environment to the fine form really was there. Seven points from seven matches, you must have been quite happy with?
- Sure, I did, just as you say, seven points but it could have been double that. It felt really really good and although I made some not so good games where I think I was in Oklahoma to make some top matches that I should have to remain in Edmonton.
- Everything felt really good right now and I felt much better and more well-prepared this year than before last season. So this injury was really inappropriate.

The aim is now to return to the NHL and AHL?
- My goal is clearly to return to the NHL. If it turns out that Edmonton wants me to play in the AHL when I am healthy so I stay rather stay here in Europe and play.

Luleć and Färjestad are two of the clubs that you have invested in already. How much truth there is in the rumors?
- I'd rather not comment on any rumors. But of course there are some clubs that have spoken to my agent.

Luleć must surely have a natural dialogue with you continuously since it was the club that you did for two seasons ago when you went over to the Edmonton Oilers?
- Absolutely. Luleć has said is that I always feel welcome back there if I want, something I appreciate. But at the same time respecting the club my decision that I primarily want to return to the NHL.

Russian media report that there is interest from the KHL.
- Russia is always included as an interesting alternative. But, as I said was, I currently have no other thoughts than to return to the NHL.

What does the coming weeks for Linus Omark?
- Now I'm home in Luleć and I really appreciate that the club let me go home for a while. Recently, I mostly stayed at a hotel and it had not been particularly fun to sit with the foot in plaster in a hotel room in Oklahoma right now. So it was extra positive to go home and stay in our apartment with my girlfriend.
- That much training is also not right now. I can not do anything with your foot in six weeks so it's mostly trying to keep fitness up as good as possible with the exercises that I do not use the foot.

21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 11:49 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Did Staples write an article about plays leading to opponent chances or something?

I thought I read that the stats showed Omark's play wasn't leading to many opponent offensive chances, but no guarantees I remember something read at 6 a.m. at all accurately.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 11:55 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

"But, as I said was, I currently have no other thoughts than to return to the NHL."

If Paajarvi is still struggling why not send him down and call up Omark when Linus gets healthy.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote