HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calling Mr. Shanahan!

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2011, 01:26 AM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

vCash: 500
I'll make a deal with you. Go find one other Isle's fan who thinks Martin is a scrub, and I will take what i said back.

Old
12-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Strome18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
I'm not a "true fan"? Just a hater? I'm 25 years old. I was just a little tike in the stands when Turgeon got hurt. I can't remember a single time where this franchise has been better than mediocre. I sat through the fishsticks, Palffy, all the players being traded away, hell I was just a kid, and started a "Don is gone" chant in the NVMC. I went to almost every home game in the mid 90s. I moved from Long Island in 97 to Toronto-arguably the biggest hockey market in the world-and I remained an Islander fan. I then moved to Tampa, saw a last place team win the cup (there in person), and I still back the Isles as my #1 team. I go to every Isles game here in Tampa. I have tons of Isles' jerseys, including one signed by all the retired players, Arbour, and another 5-6 players of the 1980 team (I didn't buy it-I waited countless hours at several autograph signings for it), framed in my upstairs room (along with a banner noting their 4 cups).

You can disagree with my ideas-and that's fine. There's one thing I don't do: think I'm a better fan than anybody else. Get off your high horse calling anybody who still doesn't think this team is good (despite a relatively short point streak), isn't a "true" fan.
I live in Florida and I am 39. What does that make me? More experienced and lived through our good years.

You seem to be taking the high horse approach when someone is questioning your judgement. Though, like I said, we must not question the scouts and you never know you may become the isles GM. I do not want to question you on this topic, AT ALL!

Old
12-07-2011, 01:37 AM
ScaredStreit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyNystromOwnsYou View Post
I think you're a true fan who has no clue what you're talking about.
You're entitled to that opinion. I heard the same thing from tons of people when I said Tambellini was nothing special. And when I said last year we had no chance of making the playoffs. And when I said that the team was much worse the off-season where Smyth, Blake, Poti, Kozlov, etc. all left. Am I right about Martin? Maybe-only time will tell.

Martin specifically is a high-energy player, who plays with balls. And yes that is something this team needs. But every fanbase overrates their players like this. Fanbases like them because they show heart. I'm not hating on the guy-I happen to like him. But the reality is he's just not that good. How many team's 3rd lines would he make?

Old
12-07-2011, 01:41 AM
ScaredStreit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurthe1 View Post
I live in Florida and I am 39. What does that make me? More experienced and lived through our good years.

You seem to be taking the high horse approach when someone is questioning your judgement. Though, like I said, we must not question the scouts and you never know you may become the isles GM. I do not want to question you on this topic, AT ALL!
I disagree with other's opinions-but I don't suggest they're not "true" fans-as you did. That's what I take issue with-not the fact that you disagree with me. You're the one who suggest there was two types of fans: 1. "true" fans and 2. haters, suggesting I was a hater. I never made any statements about you being a fan, or anybody else on these boards.

edit: and this thread is wayyyyyyyyyyyy off-topic, so unless it has something to do with Nino/the hit, I'm done.

Old
12-07-2011, 03:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to 385
Back on topic, how soon can we expect the results from the Fistric hearing?

Old
12-07-2011, 03:27 AM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 385 View Post
Probably in the afternoon.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Fantom

Quote:
I'll make a deal with you. Go find one other Isle's fan who thinks Martin is a scrub, and I will take what i said back.
i think he is a scrub

Old
12-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Fantom

Quote:
I think you're a true fan who has no clue what you're talking about.
So just because someone does not agree with you, and has there own opinion about players you attack them instead.
people do not have to agree with you or anyone for that matter to know what they are talking about.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 385 View Post
has anyone heard anything ?

Old
12-07-2011, 09:28 AM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
So just because someone does not agree with you, and has there own opinion about players you attack them instead.
people do not have to agree with you or anyone for that matter to know what they are talking about.
You're absolutely right. But when 99 percent of people think he's not a scrub (including fans of other teams) you're most likely wrong. Pretty simple. And his opinion on hamonic? If you look at the sky and say it's purple, but it's really blue, you don't know what you're talking about. hamonic is is already a very good player and without injury should become a beast. So if you say he's not developing well, you don't know what you're talking about.

That goal Martin scored last night after laying that hit was so scrub-like. Maybe the Isles should hire you to take his place .Maybe you could've laid the hit, scored the goal and passed it to yourself.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Fantom

Quote:
You're absolutely right. But when 99 percent of people think he's not a scrub (including fans of other teams) you're most likely wrong. Pretty simple. And his opinion on hamonic? If you look at the sky and say it's purple, but it's really blue, you don't know what you're talking about. hamonic is is already a very good player and without injury should become a beast. So if you say he's not developing well, you don't know what you're talking about.

That goal Martin scored last night after laying that hit was so scrub-like. Maybe the Isles should hire you to take his place .Maybe you could've laid the hit, scored the goal and passed it to yourself.
I see how it is if someone does not agree with you insult them real mature buddy real mature.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:36 AM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
Let's settle down and leave the stupid little slap-fight behind, folks.

12-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles View Post
i am not mad at him. I am just point out that not everyone needs to agree with him. I also feel like if someone does not agree with him then he will just result to trying to insult them.
However if you wish i will not post about it anymore.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles View Post
i guess i should have known better then to try to talk to someone with 55 posts.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:46 AM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
You're entitled to that opinion. I heard the same thing from tons of people when I said Tambellini was nothing special. And when I said last year we had no chance of making the playoffs. And when I said that the team was much worse the off-season where Smyth, Blake, Poti, Kozlov, etc. all left. Am I right about Martin? Maybe-only time will tell.

Martin specifically is a high-energy player, who plays with balls. And yes that is something this team needs. But every fanbase overrates their players like this. Fanbases like them because they show heart. I'm not hating on the guy-I happen to like him. But the reality is he's just not that good. How many team's 3rd lines would he make?
MM mostly plays on the 4th line, so why do you ask how many 3rd lines he would play on? Do you not know what line he plays on? I mean that's not really a shocker you don't know. And i have no clue how many 3rd lines he would make but there are many players in the NHL just like him, and most team would love a 4th liner who is always at the top of hitting leaders in the NHL.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:50 AM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

Quote:
I see how it is if someone does not agree with you insult them real mature buddy real mature.
I didn't insult him. I didn't call him fat, stupid, dumb, I didn't rag on his grammar.

When you talk about something, you should know what you're talking about. The fact he thinks MM is a 3rd liner kind of explains everything doesn't it? I don't think he knows what he's talking about, I don't really care if you like that or not.

Martin isn't really the issue. It was his ridiculous take on Hamonic that threw me over the edge.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:52 AM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

Quote:
i guess i should have knows better then to try to talk to someone with 55 posts. Sorry boss.
Because that somehow makes me not know anything. If I had 5,500 posts I would still know Matt Martin was not a scrub. And I would also know Hamonic is playing BEYOND expectations.

A post count blast.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:59 AM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
Since we can't be bothered stay on topic, I'm closing this until we have some word on Fistric's hearing.

Closed Thread