HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Looking at Brassard of Columbus

Old
12-05-2011, 11:06 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
It better not be to move Dubi that would be really bad trade on our part. If its WW and a 3rd im all for it as Brassard from memory has some play, but dont move Dubi hes to valuable even playing reduced mins.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 09:54 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
That'd be me - and I stand by it. Don't get me wrong, I like Brassard's upside; I just don't see the need to move anyone unless it's clear that we're upgrading the team now and for the long run, so unless we're talking about Bobby Ryan, I'm not really in favor of moving anyone off the current roster to get him.

Now, I should qualify that there are obvious exceptions. For example, if the deal is Wolski plus a 3rd for Brassard or something similar in terms of its impact on the current roster, then I'm all for it. Likewise, if CBJ is willing to throw in more on their side to get a guy like Dubinsky who is currently not really contributing, then it of course depends on the "more" (hey, if that first rounder is available, I'm all ears).

Given how well the team is playing right now, however, I don't see anything happening in the near term.
this says it alll!!!!!!!!!!!! Thread can be closed now

wafflepadsave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:02 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Woywitka, Eminger, Wolski, Boyle, Zherdev, Bourret, Antropov, Kalinin, Sjostrom, Morris, Mara, Higgins, Frolov

If you were an underachieving former 1st round pick, definitely make travel plans that include NYC at some point in your career.

No thanks to Brassard.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote