HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 3.0: Gionta out indefinitely (bicep tear)

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I was hoping for a bounce back this season but he's missed more games than played so far, like Cammy it's hard to get on a good streak from the press box.
He still played in 13 games and only managed 4A despite plenty of ice time and pp time

Old
12-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
He still played in 13 games and only managed 4A despite plenty of ice time and pp time
hard to get any momentum going being in and out of the lineup, I think the first time he came back he was playing hurt as he couldn't take faceoffs.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
I was hoping for a bounce back this season but he's missed more games than played so far, like Cammy it's hard to get on a good streak from the press box.
I was hoping for a bounce back as well but at this point i don't see it happening.

Any way you slice it Gomez is overpaid...we all know that. But IMO 60 points would be acceptable if he was able to hit that mark. His current (this season and last) pace of 35-40 points is not acceptable though. Especially when you consider how his poor play has in the past impacted his linemates.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:02 AM
shutehinside

It's funny but as I'm reading this I'm sitting with my Orthopedic Surgeon. I asked him if these set backs happen and if they're predictable.
He says that they do happen but it's impossible to predict how anyones recovery process will be. He also said its something that is common and as long as the ligament is strong than it won't affect the performance of the knee. Just some house keeping to make sure that nothing interferes with the soft tissue around the joint, not a problem with the joint itself.

As for all the "lying" by management, that's ridiculous. If anyone would have known about Markovs knee it would have been his doctor. No way he clears him for practice if there's a question about his knee not being in top shape.

Fact is its a set back which is frustrating and some people need to point their finger and blame someone. Sometimes set backs happen on their own and you have to deal with it.

As for McGuire, why doesn't he blast Ranger management for Staals recovery. Staal was expected back much sooner but he also had a set back. PM seems happy to not blame Sather. Hmmm sounds a bit hypocritical doesn't it?

Old
12-07-2011, 02:35 PM
BigHabs

Spacek probable for Saturday's game against New Jersey.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...-in-new-jersey

Be nice to get re-inforcements back.

St.Denis will be sent back for sure. It also mentions Campoli close to return as well.

If Campoli comes back I wonder who else they send down on the backend. IMO Weber could be trade bait or Diaz might follow St.Denis back down.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
I was hoping for a bounce back as well but at this point i don't see it happening.

Any way you slice it Gomez is overpaid...we all know that. But IMO 60 points would be acceptable if he was able to hit that mark. His current (this season and last) pace of 35-40 points is not acceptable though. Especially when you consider how his poor play has in the past impacted his linemates.
For all the talk about Gomez since he got here, guys like Pouliot and Pacioretty played the best hockey of their careers with him at center the last 2 years. I think he's helped more linemates than he's hurt. But we definitely need the 09-10 version at least.

If I was him I'd be looking at the whole 05-06 season on video from now until he comes back.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:55 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
man i miss white in the line up

i love what he brings to the team

Old
12-07-2011, 02:59 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sure he would...but Gomez hasn't been playing at that pace since 09-10.
gomez 09-10 must have been a fluke

Old
12-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
gomez 09-10 must have been a fluke
yeah it's not like he had 7 other years at that level or better

Old
12-07-2011, 11:43 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
Spacek probable for Saturday's game against New Jersey.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...-in-new-jersey

Be nice to get re-inforcements back.

St.Denis will be sent back for sure. It also mentions Campoli close to return as well.

If Campoli comes back I wonder who else they send down on the backend. IMO Weber could be trade bait or Diaz might follow St.Denis back down.
For clarification purposes, is this the media reporting it or did it come from Gauthier?

Or is Gauthier not a doctor and lacks the ability to communicate with a doctor to find out the true status of the players who work for him?

Old
12-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:

it all comes down to luck if you believe some posters around here.

When "bad luck" is just another excuse for a bad player i dont know. Is it bad luck at 10 games? 50 games? two seasons? At this point i think we should start realizing this might just be who Gomez is now. If he regains form, great, i will be too happy to admit im wrong. However nothing of last year or the beginning of this year tells me he is capable of regaining 50-60 point form.

Old
12-08-2011, 09:25 PM
LeHab

How Gio got hurt? Any news?

Old
12-09-2011, 05:00 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
For all the talk about Gomez since he got here, guys like Pouliot and Pacioretty played the best hockey of their careers with him at center the last 2 years. I think he's helped more linemates than he's hurt. But we definitely need the 09-10 version at least.

If I was him I'd be looking at the whole 05-06 season on video from now until he comes back.
OMG, are you freaking serious? Pacioretty is playing his best hockey, right now, there is no Gomez. Pouliot went on a 15-20 game run that had very little to do with Gomez, he got hot and could never duplicate that effort, with or without Gomez again.

AK, Cammy ect ect, even travis moen production all disappeared into a black hole when paired with Gomez, even gionta for chirst sake had good production without gomer.

Are there any negatives about this team, or are we simply the cream of the crop?

Old
12-09-2011, 05:25 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
OMG, are you freaking serious? Pacioretty is playing his best hockey, right now, there is no Gomez. Pouliot went on a 15-20 game run that had very little to do with Gomez, he got hot and could never duplicate that effort, with or without Gomez again.

AK, Cammy ect ect, even travis moen production all disappeared into a black hole when paired with Gomez, even gionta for chirst sake had good production without gomer.

Are there any negatives about this team, or are we simply the cream of the crop?
I would say Gionta and Cammy are currently in a "black hole" right now and that's without Scotty too Hottie to blame it on.

Old
12-09-2011, 05:49 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
I would say Gionta and Cammy are currently in a "black hole" right now and that's without Scotty too Hottie to blame it on.
Gionta and cammy have struggled, but their game is slowly coming around. Gomez is a bum, crediting him with Pacioretty is bordering on delusional.

Old
12-09-2011, 06:20 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Gionta and cammy have struggled, but their game is slowly coming around. Gomez is a bum, crediting him with Pacioretty is bordering on delusional.
I don't agree with the Pacioretty comment either. I think Patches did that on his own coming back as a revamped player last year.

But I also don't think Cammy and Gio are no where near coming around. Cammy's not doing what hes getting paid to do despite the quality of chances he's getting, and Pacioretty and Gio have looked, and still look putrid centered by Pleka.

Old
12-09-2011, 06:21 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Tough loss for sure. Disappointed there weren't more Emelin hits. Not much to say really except this team isn't showing the character of recent years.

Watching the overtime was extremely painful. And then seeing Gill out there added to the misery. The Canucks were just toying with the Habs.

I feel badly for Price. He does his best to keep this team in the hunt but has a tough time in the SO. But his team doesn't score anyway. Pretty lackadaisical efforts really in that department.

Ooops..........wrong thread. Pffft.......who cares.

Hope Campoli, Spacek and Markov are back soon. LOL

Old
12-09-2011, 06:24 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Tough loss for sure. Disappointed there weren't more Emelin hits. Not much to say really except this team isn't showing the character of recent years.

Watching the overtime was extremely painful. And then seeing Gill out there added to the misery. The Canucks were just toying with the Habs.

I feel badly for Price. He does his best to keep this team in the hunt but has a tough time in the SO. But his team doesn't score anyway. Pretty lackadaisical efforts really in that department.
Not even about effort in the SO. This team just doesn't have enough individual skill to win in that department. In any given night, we will always be handicapped in shootouts.

Old
12-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Not even about effort in the SO. This team just doesn't have enough individual skill to win in that department. In any given night, we will always be handicapped in shootouts.
I don't think it's that black and white. Some players are just good in shootouts and others are just bad, it's not just about skill. Most of the scoers on this team are "shooters" like Cole, Pacioretty, Gio, Cammalleri, AK, they are not "dekers". some of the top scorers year in year out are bad on the shootout while guys like Ruutu, Christienson, J.Jokinen etc are wizards.

Price looked brutal on that Hodgson one. I can see if it was a sweet move like Nash on Tuesday, but it was nothing he just bailed and gave him the whole top of the net. Maybe he should try and be very agressive then if they deke, poke check them.

Old
12-09-2011, 08:45 AM
BLONG7

Any talk about Gionta today? He left the game, and didn't return...

Old
12-09-2011, 08:47 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
I don't think it's that black and white. Some players are just good in shootouts and others are just bad, it's not just about skill. Most of the scoers on this team are "shooters" like Cole, Pacioretty, Gio, Cammalleri, AK, they are not "dekers". some of the top scorers year in year out are bad on the shootout while guys like Ruutu, Christienson, J.Jokinen etc are wizards.

Price looked brutal on that Hodgson one. I can see if it was a sweet move like Nash on Tuesday, but it was nothing he just bailed and gave him the whole top of the net. Maybe he should try and be very agressive then if they deke, poke check them.
Haha a poster on HF knowing more than Price himself or the goalie coaching staff.

Old
12-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Haha a poster on HF knowing more than Price himself or the goalie coaching staff.
This coming from the guy who thinks the whole front office is clueless and idiots...priceless!!

Old
12-09-2011, 08:51 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
They looked defeated before they started and the effort looked like they had no intentions of even trying to change that.

Would have been better off throwing in the towel at the end of regulation and giving the Canucks the extra point. Instead they were humiliated in the OT and SO.

Can't wait for the next OT with this bunch.

Old
12-09-2011, 08:54 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
This coming from the guy who thinks the whole front office is clueless and idiots...priceless!!
Not the whole front office, just PG and his coach JM. You are a known Price basher and have been doing so all morning in every thread. Zero credibility when talking goaltenders.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Not the whole front office, just PG and his coach JM. You are a known Price basher and have been doing so all morning in every thread. Zero credibility when talking goaltenders.
If my only intention was to bash Price why would I have his name as my handle?

Closed Thread