HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Sports Talk I (NFL, MLB, CFL, NCAA, Etc.) *NFL WEEK 9 DISCUSSION HERE*

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2011, 07:38 AM
hockeyalltheway
Let's win it all -MR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
Niners for life! Finally have something to cheer about after decade of futility.
This Rams fan hate everything about you, good sir.

12-07-2011, 08:24 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 500
Colts fan here, all I want is one win. Is that too much to ask for?

Old
12-07-2011, 08:51 AM
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanatic View Post
Maybe they'll lucked out a win.

Old
12-07-2011, 10:36 AM
stempniaksen

Quote:
As a Titan fan who has watched Peyton run roughshod over the rest of the AFC south over the last 10 years, the yes...yes it is! Haha.

Old
12-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Haha, after the Shaub & Leinert injuries, that's like going for the Banana in a Grapefruit vs. Orange race.

Go Banana!

*EDIT*
I'm a big Schaub & Johnson fan, I really enjoy watching the Texans when healthy. I wasn't trying to rub in the injuries, "Go Banana" was just the first thing I thought of, haha...
I thought we were done, but after beating the Falcons with our 3rd string QB, I still have hope.

Old
12-07-2011, 11:17 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Maybe they'll lucked out a win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
As a Titan fan who has watched Peyton run roughshod over the rest of the AFC south over the last 10 years, the yes...yes it is! Haha.
Our Luck is on its way. Just think, you'll be dealing with another powerhouse QB for 10+ years (hopefully)!

Old
12-07-2011, 11:22 AM
stempniaksen

Quote:
Our Luck is on its way. Just think, you'll be dealing with another powerhouse QB for 10+ years (hopefully)!
I'm still holding on to the hope that they will trade the pick to give Peyton short term help. If they actually stick with Luck I will be very dissapointed

Old
12-07-2011, 11:29 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
I'm still holding on to the hope that they will trade the pick to give Peyton short term help. If they actually stick with Luck I will be very dissapointed
If they trade that pick I'll flip ****

Old
12-07-2011, 11:36 AM
H2O

Quote:
Prepare to be disappointed. No one knows how healthy Manning is or how effective he will be from now on. It will be interesting to see if Manning and Luck can co-exist next season. If not, Indy will have a difficult decision to make.

Old
12-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Penner getrdonebryan

Just give Luck one year to study from Manning. Hope Peyton comes back strong and healthy,leads team to a positive record and trade him in the offseason to the highest bidder. That should be Colts plan

Old
12-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Considering that Archie Manning has said that Manning and Luck couldnt/shouldnt co-exist and that fact that Lucks father has said he'd do anything in his power to not let his son go to a team that he doesnt see fit.. I have a feeling he won't be a Colt.

Old
12-07-2011, 11:57 AM
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Considering that Archie Manning has said that Manning and Luck couldnt/shouldnt co-exist and that fact that Lucks father has said he'd do anything in his power to not let his son go to a team that he doesnt see fit.. I have a feeling he won't be a Colt.
You think? I think the Colts will trade Peyton and rebuild.

Old
12-07-2011, 12:02 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Except these two fathers really don't have any "power" in what the Colts decide to do. The Colts will do what they feel is best for the future of the team, and not allow their decisions to be influenced by what the fathers are saying (at least I'd hope they wouldn't).

Old
12-07-2011, 12:05 PM
hockeyalltheway
Let's win it all -MR

I can definitely see the Colts swapping the pick to a team that needs a QB. Sure, Indy's situation is tenuous for now, but they wouldn't necessarily benefit from drafting Luck. There are far more advantages to trading down and picking up extra assets.

Then again, they may get lucky and win a few games to put them out of the top pick altogether.

Old
12-07-2011, 12:12 PM
H2O

Luck may be the most hyped prospect of all time and Indy is already a lock to get him. Add Manning's health concerns, there is no way Indy is not drafting Luck.

Old
12-07-2011, 01:07 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
I can definitely see the Colts swapping the pick to a team that needs a QB. Sure, Indy's situation is tenuous for now, but they wouldn't necessarily benefit from drafting Luck. There are far more advantages to trading down and picking up extra assets.

Then again, they may get lucky and win a few games to put them out of the top pick altogether.

They said the same thing when Green Bay "wasted" a first round pick on some guy named Aaron Rodgers when they still had arguably the most popular Packer of all time, Brett Favre, playing at a Pro-Bowl level.

That seemed to work out pretty ok for the Packers...

Old
12-07-2011, 01:15 PM
hockeyalltheway
Let's win it all -MR

Quote:
They said the same thing when Green Bay "wasted" a first round pick on some guy named Aaron Rodgers when they still had arguably the most popular Packer of all time, Brett Favre, playing at a Pro-Bowl level.

That seemed to work out pretty ok for the Packers...
Rodgers was drafted 24th overall and wasn't as hyped up. Indianapolis has so many holes in their roster -- that's become apparent with Manning out -- that it couldn't possibly hurt them to maximize on an asset they don't need immediately, unless they plan on a long-term rebuild.

Old
12-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Suiteness

Wow, two pages and no mention of Tebow?

What kills me is how some people are absolutely pissed that he's doing good. Like genuinely angry. Is it because of the religion factor?

Old
12-07-2011, 01:24 PM
hockeyalltheway
Let's win it all -MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post

What kills me is how some people are absolutely pissed that he's doing good. Like genuinely angry. Is it because of the religion factor?
I think it's more the fact that he always thanks God for helping him play well, and his offensive line is all, "dude, we're right here..."

Old
12-07-2011, 01:28 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
Rodgers was drafted 24th overall and wasn't as hyped up. Indianapolis has so many holes in their roster -- that's become apparent with Manning out -- that it couldn't possibly hurt them to maximize on an asset they don't need immediately, unless they plan on a long-term rebuild.
I agree that Indy does have more holes than Green Bay did, but Rodgers, while clearly not as hyped as Luk currently is, was thought to be good enough to go top-3, possibly even first overall, before the combine. Then he slid to 24, it was a freefall of Brady Quinn proportions. Rodgers was definitely hyped...

That being said, NOBODY is as hyped as Luck currently is. I was just drawing parallels of having a generational talent playing backup QB to a future Hall of Famer, and how it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Old
12-07-2011, 01:31 PM
hockeyalltheway
Let's win it all -MR

Quote:
I agree that Indy does have more holes than Green Bay did, but Rodgers, while clearly not as hyped as Luk currently is, was thought to be good enough to go top-3, possibly even first overall, before the combine. Then he slid to 24, it was a freefall of Brady Quinn proportions. Rodgers was definitely hyped...

That being said, NOBODY is as hyped as Luck currently is. I was just drawing parallels of having a generational talent playing backup QB to a future Hall of Famer, and how it's not necessarily a bad thing.
You make a fair point -- I distinctly remember wanting Rodgers that draft and being pissed that we got Barron instead. Effing penalty machine, that guy. I'm not saying Indianapolis SHOULDN'T take Luck... just that, if I were them, I'd make it known that I was listening to offers on the pick. It can't hurt to look at your options.

Old
12-07-2011, 01:39 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:

Tebow doesn't deserve even a quarter of the credit he's getting, that Brocnos D is absolutely CARRYING that team into the playoffs, and someone already mentioned that the O-line deserves WAY more credit than Tebow does.

It's a gimmick offence that will die once teams game-plan against it properly. There's a reason the "wildcat" died only one year after Miami used it effectively.

Tebow definitely is a nice fantasy play though... rushing yards are nice.

Old
12-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:

I just hate that stupid little prayer he does, and I hate that people are 'Tebowing'.

I should also add, i'm a Raiders fan.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Sens16

I must be in the minority but I like Tebow, he played good with the Gators in college and is being just as good with the Broncos. Sure the Broncos o-line and defense have been playing well but they started winning when Tebow took over as starting QB, he deserves the credit that he's getting.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Except these two fathers really don't have any "power" in what the Colts decide to do. The Colts will do what they feel is best for the future of the team, and not allow their decisions to be influenced by what the fathers are saying (at least I'd hope they wouldn't).
I present to you Exhibit A. Eli Manning

Drafted by the Chargers.. immediately traded to the Giants for Philip Rivers.

Closed Thread