HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

He's the Wiz, noooobody beats him - Blue Jackets beat Habs in SO

Old
12-07-2011, 09:02 AM
JohnLennon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
That comment ( while being true) is simply sickening to me. Emelin is such a refreshing, unique player on this team, I would not be surprised that suddenly he starts hitting a lot less in the near future, Martin doesn't like when opposing teams get emotional. Contain their offense as counter, that's all he wants.

Just look at P.K Subban this season! He does skate 1/10 as much as last season, I know we have a lot of young unreliable defensmens right now, but good god, where are those rushes with the puck all the way to the other blueline that we saw 100's of time last season??? Martin's holding him on a leash and he plain sucks because of it.

Oh and 1 other thing, we have a 1st round hometown prospect that's playing his 1st home game ever an you play him 4:45????? What an ass-hole Martin is! It was such a dumb decision to put him on our 4th line and put for our only physical player, that Kostitsyn-Eller-Leblanc was building serious chemistry against L.A.
Really? Martin doesn't have to get all the players to like him and be their best friend, his job is to win us games. Leblanc hasn't deserved to be played that much, it's his third game in the NHL.

JohnLennon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:06 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
I didn't but some are and they deserve to boo.
I assumed that. Nonetheless, i don't think anyone deserves to be boo'ed, but that just how i see things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Every game is interesting in some ways but not every game is entertaining. If we've paid money to be there our attention span is longer than it is when we're watching the game on TV. We're not tempted to run to the refreshment kiosks during the action as we sometimes are to run to the refrigerator or to keyboard in our comments.
i've been to many games, so am aware of how it goes down? And why would you spend "big amounts of money" to go see a columbus game, during part of a season plagued with injuries and a .500 record AND get pissed of/suprised that we lose? (not to mention the losing record on home ice.)

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:07 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Don't opponents hit the smaller Habs all the time? There's no gentlemen's agreement on the ice. The most important effect of Emelin's hits is not that he knocks them down but rather that they tend to avoid him when they enter the zone. When he's on there's more action on the other wing as the opposing forwards would rather try Diaz or Woe-ber.
I don't know about that but I think hits can certainly be reactionary to a particular incident. The smaller Habs could get could squashed a lot more IMO but some of them would rather get out of harm's way then take the punishment to make the play.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:09 AM
gillyguzzler

How many players actually played really well yesterday?

Emelin? Gorges? AK scored but still.

Other than that, everyone else was either ok or bad. Cammy was awful. MaxPac was awful. DD was terrible. Plek wasn't good. Subban was terrible. Diaz had a tough night early on. Weber was benched (even though we needed a goal and he's considered an offensive D.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:10 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post

Other than that, everyone else was either ok or bad. Cammy was awful. MaxPac was awful. DD was terrible. Plek wasn't good. Subban was terrible. Diaz had a tough night early on. Weber was benched (even though we needed a goal and he's considered an offensive D.
Weber is not an offensive D. He isn't defensive either. He isn't much at all to be honest.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:16 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I know the DD thing worked before, but ever hear of too much of a good thing, how does a guy who shoots so little get used in the shootout over proven snipers.

DD had a nice shootout goal last Thursday. Shootout is something of a crap shoot. But Kostitsyn is second in goals on the team despite less power play time and fewer games played, you'd have to give him a shot. Not Martian. **** this clown.

I'm at the point where I'm mainly watching to follow Emelin's progression, I think he's already one of our best defencemen, and I'm not kidding: It's either the language gap or else it's simply too early for JM to have neutered Emelin's style or squashed his spirit.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:27 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
...The most important effect of Emelin's hits is not that he knocks them down but rather that they tend to avoid him when they enter the zone. When he's on there's more action on the other wing as the opposing forwards would rather try Diaz or Woe-ber.
I have noticed this -- opposition players standing down at the sight of Emelin, whether they are carrying the puck or he is. It's refreshing to have this single physical presence on the squad, hope Emelin's play inspires some of his teammates to man up.

As for booing, more please -- the product on the ice is crap, consumers complain!

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
I have noticed this -- opposition players standing down at the sight of Emelin, whether they are carrying the puck or he is. It's refreshing to have this single physical presence on the squad, hope Emelin's play inspires some of his teammates to man up.

As for booing, more please -- the product on the ice is crap, consumers complain!
Exactly, paying all that cash to see that product is horrible. If I was going to the game tomorrow I'd bring the brown paper bag

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:34 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:

Price was good.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:36 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post

Consumers should stop consuming if the product is crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Exactly, paying all that cash to see that product is horrible. If I was going to the game tomorrow I'd bring the brown paper bag
You guys talk like you have to go to the game.
Why be miserable? sell your tickets for profit instead and go have a good time somewhere were you deem the product a success.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:39 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
The ''consumers'' do not consume hockey, they consume pictures of themselves at the Bell Centre and Facebook Check Ins so they can say ''I was there!'' and prove their jet set life style. It is sadder than having the rink filled by suits.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

Why be miserable? sell your tickets for profit instead and go have a good time somewhere were you deem the product a success.
I actually tried earlier this year, problem is no one is interested. I couldn't even get face value

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:42 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I actually tried earlier this year, problem is no one is interested. I couldn't even get face value
depending which game your talking about, because for popular games (Van on Thursday) even scalpers are buying tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
The ''consumers'' do not consume hockey, they consume pictures of themselves at the Bell Centre and Facebook Check Ins so they can say ''I was there!'' and prove their jet set life style. It is sadder than having the rink filled by suits.
Yea, you're right on that one

Old
12-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Why is it people are so against booing? People paid for those tickets expecting the team to at least be watchable and they have every right to reaction when the team is quite the contrary.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:57 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Why is it people are so against booing? People paid for those tickets expecting the team to at least be watchable and they have every right to reaction when the team is quite the contrary.
because its childish? but then again, so is watching a hockey game.

Old
12-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Protest the Hero

Only season ticket buyers have the right to boo

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

Of course Woe-ber was benched. By the time he got a goal he might have have been responsible for one or two more Columbus goals. He looked like a junior on that Nash goal. He has not improved much defensively since he was first brought up. I think he won't be around next season, and he may not make it to the end of this season. White will assume the 4th line RW role and there will be many options to replace him on D. Fortunately, his salary is far less than Gomez's, which makes it easier to dispose of him. Does he have a shot from the point? Yes, I'll give him that. Does he distribute the puck well on the PP? I don't think so. Is he a liability if a SH opponent picks off a pass at the blue line? Most certainly.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 10:38 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
because its childish? but then again, so is watching a hockey game.
How is it childish? The team is playing like utter crap against the worst team in the league on HOME ice. They are allowed to boo.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
I think exactly like you. It makes me sick

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

If you factor in the time and effort involved in selling tickets you don't use (and perhaps the expense of getting to the Bell Centre to make the sale) you may not necessarily have a good time. I hate haggling with scalpers (or anyone). If I have two tickets and no one is going with me the one (or the scalper sells) may end up with someone who proves to be obnoxious.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
How is it childish? The team is playing like utter crap against the worst team in the league on HOME ice. They are allowed to boo.
They are certainly allowed to boo..it wasn't an inspired effort, but one that doesn't shock me. The first game at home after a western road swing is often a disappointing one..quite often the home team lays an egg..they were lucky to steal a point.

As for Columbus being the worst team - points wise yes they are in last place right now, but that's going to be changing very soon..they've gone 5-3-2 in their last ten..something the Habs can't seem to achieve. The BJ's played very well last night - the return of Wiz and Carter and sudden willingness of Nash to play an all around game under new coach Arniel is obviously paying dividends after their horrific start to the season.

Grant McCagg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 11:28 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
If you factor in the time and effort involved in selling tickets you don't use (and perhaps the expense of getting to the Bell Centre to make the sale) you may not necessarily have a good time. I hate haggling with scalpers (or anyone). If I have two tickets and no one is going with me the one (or the scalper sells) may end up with someone who proves to be obnoxious.
Selling tickets vs any good team/division is relatively easy, with not much hassle, unless your trying to profit.
have tickets vs bottom half teams? well hopefully you didnt pay much and have low expectations, because you'll be disappointed most of the time, even if habs win, so i don't see a reason to complain really.
i used to go all the time to watch bottom half teams (because thats what was available and or affordable), boring games, compared to watching bos/tor games at the bell, but i fully expected it.

Few years ago, if you had tickets to NJ game.. would you have been shocked if habs got shut out?

Last edited by uiCk: 12-07-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old
12-07-2011, 11:28 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Exactly.

I am against booing local players, but booing an underperforming team - at the price fans are paying to see them at the Bell - is totally normal.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Exactly.

I am against booing local players, but booing an underperforming team - at the price fans are paying to see them at the Bell - is totally normal.
Booing Subban, Price, etc though it what most people have issues with. Sure Price bounced back but it clearly affected him at that time. Sure Subban played poorly but he's someone who gets booed everywhere...now getting booed by his own fans? Obviously he'll brush it off, still not good in game as it could throw him off.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 11:43 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
i remember they booed to powerplay, not a specific player no?

in which case it's completely deserved...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote