HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Miller bowled over in first game back (Tootoo gets two)

Old
12-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
The fact that Miller was in his crease this time gave Shanny just what he needed (excuse | reason) to justify making a different call here.
I think the league meeting where the league governors had a majority opinion that the Lucic play should have been a suspension is the bigger factor here. Shanahan adjusted based on that more than anything, I'd reckon.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 10:11 AM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
I actually think it was the fact that Tootoo's jump made him hit Miller directly in the head. That's perfectly in line with the new headshot rules and gave him all the justification he needed.
I think that definitely played a part - probably provided just as much cover for his decision as the crease/open ice thing, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I think the league meeting where the league governors had a majority opinion that the Lucic play should have been a suspension is the bigger factor here. Shanahan adjusted based on that more than anything, I'd reckon.
I think that was the driving factor behind his decision to suspend Tootoo - but I think the crease vs open ice issue and the hit to the head mentioned above gave him enough of a foothold to justify handing out a suspension for a play that was (at least in many people's opinions) not nearly as bad as the one he let go unpunished.

While we'll never know for sure, I think most of us agree that taken by itself, this play most likely wouldn't have been suspended. The Lucic hit was bungled, and this was the "make up call", as someone earlier in the thread called it.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:16 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
You want to stop players from running the goalie....

Put the metal spikes back in that used to hold the nets in place. After a few guys break themselves slamming into them, it will stop.
qft. (we're of the same vintage)

However, not sure players could adapt as their Junior careers, etc., are likely most / all on magnets or similar.

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote