HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Louis Leblanc called up

Old
12-05-2011, 11:52 AM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rogers View Post
Of course, Martin goes with the most logical choice and puts Leblanc back on the 4th line. Darche and 5 minutes of ice time suit him better. There's no point in having a 2B line on this offensive juggernaut team we already have.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/hio-at-practice
Wow, I can't figure this one out.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:58 AM
HomaridII

BrianWildeCTV BrianWilde
JM on LL: "He's strong away from the puck. He's a smart player & I could play him with a lead." Highest praise from JM for rook I can recall

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:58 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubaka View Post
Leblanc better play with Eller and Kostitsyn tomorrow or JM is a complete fool....
Of course...

But you very well know that he won't put Moen on the 4th line, one of the player who gave him the most since the beginning of the season.

I'd prefer LL in hamilton than omn the 4th line.

Since how long, are we demanding a real, competent, gritty, big winger for that 4th line ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:36 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Seriously. Putting him on the 4th line over sending him back to the AHL?!?

THATS THE WORST DECISION TO MAKE..

Although he does have this "energy" factor that would help the 4th line.
He won't stay up that long. As soon as Gomez is back he'll most likely return to Hamilton.

Him staying up is a bit symbolic, its a reward the organization gives him for his efforts, commitment and good play in his first callup. Leblanc himself will be quite happy even if he plays 8 minutes and his devellopment won't be ''hindered'' if its only a few games.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:36 PM
PlayMistyForMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubaka View Post
Leblanc better play with Eller and Kostitsyn tomorrow or JM is a complete fool....
Nope. he won't. Practice today has Moen playing with AK and Eller, Leblanc playing on the fourth line with Darche and Nokelainen.

Hopefully JM will play with it his lines during the game, as he usually does, and we will get to see at least of few shifts with Leblanc on the third line.

PlayMistyForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:19 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Infractions and thread bans have been given out. Political posts are not allowed on this board. No more warnings.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:45 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Infractions and thread bans have been given out. Political posts are not allowed on this board. No more warnings.
Thanks.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:57 PM
zzoo

"Il pourrait y avoir un peu de changement dans l'alignement de l'équipe montréalaise demain soir. Pour un, Yannick Weber semble avoir un peu abusé de la patience de son entraîneur («il ne s'est pas aidé», a dit Jacques Martin), et le séjour du jeune Louis Leblanc par ici semble tirer à sa fin. "

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...7_section_POS1

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:02 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
"Il pourrait y avoir un peu de changement dans l'alignement de l'équipe montréalaise demain soir. Pour un, Yannick Weber semble avoir un peu abusé de la patience de son entraîneur («il ne s'est pas aidé», a dit Jacques Martin), et le séjour du jeune Louis Leblanc par ici semble tirer à sa fin. "

not suprised, the extra game he got to play at the bell center, was more of a bonus for him and the fans.
Nonetheless, he did a good job in the few games he played, and looks like he has a flair for the NHL, and expect him to be called up again if need be this season, and maybe a starting role next year with habs, depending on preseason.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
not suprised, the extra game he got to play at the bell center, was more of a bonus for him and the fans.
Nonetheless, he did a good job in the few games he played, and looks like he has a flair for the NHL, and expect him to be called up again if need be this season, and maybe a starting role next year with habs, depending on preseason.
I'll be glad if he gets sent down. There is no reason why he should stay up in NHL and have a long stretch of 5-8 minute games instead of playing in the AHL with bigger minutes.

There is no rush to have him here either.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:15 PM
llamateizer

Louis Leblanc did great job for those 4 games
Unless he play tomorrow for a 5th game!

ps. does this count as his 1st ELC year?

llamateizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Andy

Louis showed good things. Unfortunately, there is little room for him in the lineup. He will be sent down and will have a better view of what he needs to improve on.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

As many others, I'm pleased with his work in Montreal while it lasted. It's probably best for him to go back in the AHL for the time being, although he does look, to a certain extent, NHL ready.

I hope he was able to quiet his detractors. He got some unjustified hate ever since he got drafted. If he puts on some weight, he has the skill and the flair to play in this league.

Very excited about this player, and our farm system in general (maybe not Hamilton, but at least, in the NCAA and CHL).

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:40 PM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 835
He has shown some really good stuff out there, but I don't want him stunted by playing the 4th line. Give him big minutes in Hamilton unless there is a real top 6 spot open (for whatever reason) down the road this season or next.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Maxpac

Leblanc >>>>> Darche. Missmanagement of assets yet again.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
There's no disputing that, but even if you replace Darche with Leblanc in the lineup, Leblanc will still only play 5 minutes a night since Darche isn't in the top 9.

They should send him down, eventually if he's not going to play in the top 9.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I'd rather Drache playing 4th line in the NHL and Darche playing 1st line, PP and PK in the AHL. Not sure exactly what you are suggesting.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:37 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post

Hamilton will be glad to have Leblanc back for sure. Will be interesting to see if Leblanc can work his way onto the roster full time next season.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:09 PM
PlayMistyForMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Louis showed good things. Unfortunately, there is little room for him in the lineup. He will be sent down and will have a better view of what he needs to improve on.
Simple. Leblanc should play on the Eller / AK line and see what comes out of it. Move Moen back down to the fourth line and spot him a few times on a top line when a top 9 player is dragging his feet that day. Send Darche down to the AHL to play with Palushaj on the top line in Hamilton. Geez. I must be a genius... I just made room for Leblanc.

This "Pay your dues in the minors" bull is really starting to irritate me. If the Flyers used the same logic, then Read and Couturier would be playing for the AHL Phantoms, having just brought them up for the requisite 4 games to get "a taste of the NHL". Lucky for them, this team is well managed, because without the 15 goals that these two rookie players have provided, the Flyers would probably in the same spot as Montreal in the standings.

To say that there is no room for Leblanc is absurd. I suppose there was room for Read and Couturier in Philly? No. They made room. Couturier = 0 AHL games. Read = 11 AHL games. They did the same thing with Carter and Richards. Straight to the NHL, none of that AHL education bull. Learn with the big boys. That's how skilled players develop. Not playing in a league made up of third liners and fourth line goons.

Montreal and Buffalo have adhered to the "you must pay your dues in the minors" philosophy. Most other teams have not. Now, considering these two teams' lack of true success in the past decade or two, they might do well to revise their philosophy.

Old
12-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMistyForMe View Post
Simple. Leblanc should play on the Eller / AK line and see what comes out of it. Move Moen back down to the fourth line and spot him a few times on a top line when a top 9 player is dragging his feet that day. Send Darche down to the AHL to play with Palushaj on the top line in Hamilton. Geez. I must be a genius... I just made room for Leblanc.

This "Pay your dues in the minors" bull is really starting to irritate me. If the Flyers used the same logic, then Read and Couturier would be playing for the AHL Phantoms, having just brought them up for the requisite 4 games to get "a taste of the NHL". Lucky for them, this team is well managed, because without the 15 goals that these two rookie players have provided, the Flyers would probably in the same spot as Montreal in the standings.

To say that there is no room for Leblanc is absurd. I suppose there was room for Read and Couturier in Philly? No. They made room. Couturier = 0 AHL games. Read = 11 AHL games. They did the same thing with Carter and Richards. Straight to the NHL, none of that AHL education bull. Learn with the big boys. That's how skilled players develop. Not playing in a league made up of third liners and fourth line goons.

Montreal and Buffalo have adhered to the "you must pay your dues in the minors" philosophy. Most other teams have not. Now, considering these two teams' lack of true success in the past decade or two, they might do well to revise their philosophy.

Read is 25 and out of NCAA, not 20 just coming out of junior.

...and Couturier has to play NHL or go back to the Q.

Old
12-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Kovatar

I understand he's probably going back to the AHL and that he may not be ready for prime time but this was a homegrown kid's FIRST game at the Bell Center! The team was flat and needed a boost. You dont play leblanc 5 minutes in this type of situation. Ridiculous.

Kovatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:42 PM
PlayMistyForMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Read is 25 and out of NCAA, not 20 just coming out of junior.

...and Couturier has to play NHL or go back to the Q.
So Read has a Masters degree or something from Bemidji State, he is still a rookie. They play 30 games a year in the NCAA, Leblanc has seen has many games as Read. Are you saying that if Leblanc completed his studies at Harvard, nobody would be saying that he needs to spend a year in the minors? I am betting a lot of posters on this board would still sing the same tune.

As for Couturier... my point exactly... Montreal, if they had Couturier, would have probably already sent him back to the Juniors.

Old
12-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:

Richards and Carter both have played more AHL games than Leblanc thus far, they just did in the playoffs, where both of them were ppg+. A scoring rate Leblanc has yet to match.

If Leblanc was a ppg over 20+ games in the AHL then he'd be comparable to Richards and Carter. But he isn't.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 04:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
So Read has a Masters degree or something from Bemidji State, he is still a rookie. They play 30 games a year in the NCAA, Leblanc has seen has many games as Read. Are you saying that if Leblanc completed his studies at Harvard, nobody would be saying that he needs to spend a year in the minors? I am betting a lot of posters on this board would still sing the same tune.

As for Couturier... my point exactly... Montreal, if they had Couturier, would have probably already sent him back to the Juniors.
Read is 25 so he's more physially matured then a 20 year old.

If we had Couturier, I would want him sent back to the Q. Last time we tried playing a 19 year old out of the Q in the NHL didn't work so well, don't see them doing that again.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

You mean like Latendresse?