HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dvorak-Edmonton's Best Player

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 09:41 PM
cram

vCash: 500
Dvorak-Edmonton's Best Player

Man is this guy looking sharp, can't wait till he has no worries on his mind! Speed to burn, works hard, sets up, shoots, AT TIMES he is looking like a RAW version of Naslund, only faster and niftier, I think Dvo could be our go to guy if he keeps playing this way, he looks like he is developing into a leader on this team, I noticed he was the first one to go over to Tommy "where is it?" Salo after the second ended and tapped him on the pads as he said something.

Old
11-01-2003, 09:44 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cram
Man is this guy looking sharp, can't wait till he has no worries on his mind! Speed to burn, works hard, sets up, shoots, AT TIMES he is looking like a RAW version of Naslund, only faster and niftier, I think Dvo could be our go to guy if he keeps playing this way, he looks like he is developing into a leader on this team, I noticed he was the first one to go over to Tommy "where is it?" Salo after the second ended and tapped him on the pads as he said something.
Don't thin the "where is it?" thing is justified, as Tommy played a good game tonight. Was our best player in the first period, and besides five minutes where the team defense managed to all go to sleep again, he had a shut out. How ever, I do agree with you whole-heartedly about Dvorak. This guy in the past two games has looked like he should be the one making what Smyth is. I think Smyth needs to step it up. He isn't playing like he needs to play for the Oilers. Another un-effective game from him. Not sure what's wrong, but nothing seems to happen when he's on the ice or has the puck.

Old
11-01-2003, 09:48 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Don't thin the "where is it?" thing is justified, as Tommy played a good game tonight. Was our best player in the first period, and besides five minutes where the team defense managed to all go to sleep again, he had a shut out. How ever, I do agree with you whole-heartedly about Dvorak. This guy in the past two games has looked like he should be the one making what Smyth is. I think Smyth needs to step it up. He isn't playing like he needs to play for the Oilers. Another un-effective game from him. Not sure what's wrong, but nothing seems to happen when he's on the ice or has the puck.
I missed the first as I had to go pick up my wife at work, as I sat down 3 minutes into the 2nd to my delight the Oilers looked quite good, then bam, McCarty, I'll give him the third period though. Yet he still doesn't look all that confident to me, like I posted on another thread, he looks as if he is hoping the puck hits him most of the time.

Old
11-01-2003, 09:54 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I missed the first as I had to go pick up my wife at work, as I sat down 3 minutes into the 2nd to my delight the Oilers looked quite good, then bam, McCarty, I'll give him the third period though. Yet he still doesn't look all that confident to me, like I posted on another thread, he looks as if he is hoping the puck hits him most of the time.
Ya, if you missed the first period, you missed his best work. perfect on 12 Wings shots.

Old
11-02-2003, 05:00 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Ya, if you missed the first period, you missed his best work. perfect on 12 Wings shots.

I was hoping he was going to turn it around after the penalty shot. And he did in the first period he looked quite sharp. It's the long shots that are killing him.

Salo aside.....Dvorak is the bast player for the Oilers right now. He is creating so many chances and I love watching him play.

Old
11-02-2003, 05:08 AM
Marconius

I think Dvorak looked deadly again as well. He looked really happy when he was celebrating the first 2 goals, Im becoming more & more convinced that he really loves it here.
Whats he making this year?
A poster mentioned Smyth having an ineffective game, was he still playing at centre, maybe thats why hes had some disapearing acts.

Old
11-02-2003, 07:12 AM
theoil

Dvorak for Carter is going to be one of Lowes best trades ever when it all plays out. He does everything well and Carter had a couple of tricks. I posted months ago that last season when the Oil needed a goal late in the game I saw Dvorak go to a spot 10 feet in front of the goalie and stop there for about 4 steamboats before the puck got to him and he scored. We haven't had an Oiler stand in that spot for years. (Smytty stands 2 feet out). Carter used to skate through that spot and if the puck was there he would score but if it didn't come he would just keep circling. When I saw Dvorak go to where you gotta go and stay there I knew why Lowe traded for him.

Old
11-02-2003, 07:39 AM
hillbillypriest

Quote:
I've been very impressed with Dvorak lately too.

I have to admit that I'd been a bit dismissive of his worries about having a premature baby. Both of my kids were born at least 10 weeks premature - quite a while a ago now - so I know that medical science in this area has progressed marvelously in the last few years. However, the recent Journal article said that his baby Adam was born at 1.98 pounds. That's very small - in anyone's books. My smallest started out about 3.3 pounds which was reported as the current weight in Thursday's article. Anyway, the weight gain to 3.3 pounds is a great start - the gains from there should be exponential from here on in.

I'm sure he's missing everyone incredibly, however. Really like this guy. Hope he and his family will feel at home in Edmonton.

HBP

Old
11-02-2003, 07:51 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

(Can't his wife and child come over here? Or is transporting the baby the obstacle in this?)

At times last night Dvorak was just a crazy-person, going around and through people at full speed to get where he wanted to be. When was the last time anybody in an Oilers jersey played with that kind of ... ... fervor? Holy crap, that was exciting to watch. The results will be there.

Old
11-02-2003, 08:02 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
(Can't his wife and child come over here? Or is transporting the baby the obstacle in this?)

At times last night Dvorak was just a crazy-person, going around and through people at full speed to get where he wanted to be. When was the last time anybody in an Oilers jersey played with that kind of ... ... fervor? Holy crap, that was exciting to watch. The results will be there.
it's pretty tough to move a 3 month premature baby a few thousand miles.

the truth of the matter is that he will likely be away from his family for the whole season. fortunately for him that season will likely end in april but it must be really hard for him.

the oilers are a good "family oriented" team though and i'm sure he is getting lots of support. i'm really glad to see the fans supporting him for his hard work rather than condemning him for his lack of numbers. to those who say "oiler fans are all about unjust criticism" i say: :moon:

i also say: salo deserves every bit of criticism he is getting.

Old
11-03-2003, 04:52 AM
Allan

Apparently his wife insisted that he come back - I think the Oilers would have given him more time off if he had asked for it.

Old
11-03-2003, 06:04 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Apparently his wife insisted that he come back - I think the Oilers would have given him more time off if he had asked for it.
ya, I remember that. She didn't want him staying around Czech Republic and hurting his chances at a good season with the Oilers - she probably under-stands that if he doesn't perform then they could be traded again - and she'd probably HATE to have that happen.

Old
11-03-2003, 06:15 AM
Allan

I think it would also be frustrating for him to be there, unable to do anything to help, when he could be here, at least doing something to keep busy. I know I can get pretty irritating when I feel useless, and I'm sure that goes for most people. I know nothing about his wife, but Radek certainly seems happy here, and he can go about making it a home in time for them to come over.

Closed Thread