HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

So the PK Subban honeymoon seems to be over

Old
12-07-2011, 06:41 PM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
So the PK Subban honeymoon seems to be over

He used to get booed in every opposing building in the league. Now he gets booed by his own fans.

Why are we booing a 22 year old 2nd year Dman who has been asked to lead this team? He's 1st in TOI, 1st in points, 2nd in +/-

Anyways, am I the only one who thinks the boos/criticism is a little harsh and unreasonable? He's getting booed for the same style of play he was getting cheered for last year.

Last edited by hockeyfan2k11: 12-07-2011 at 07:00 PM.
hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 06:44 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
He used to get booed in every opposing building in the league. Now he gets booed by his own fans.

Why are we booing a 22 year old 2nd year Dman who has been asked to lead this team? He's 1st in TOI, 1st in points, 2nd in +/-

Anyways, am I the only one who thinks the boos/criticism is a little harsh and unreasonable? He's getting booed for the same style of play he was getting cheered for last year.
i'm no fan of boo'ing your own players, but i believe the team got boo'ed, mostly for the PP, no PK specifically.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 06:44 PM
habscup

Most habs fans don't understand hockey.

habscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 06:45 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Uh? Yes, they obviously booed Subban.. Come on, use your "gros bon sens" and think about it. They were booing the team.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Protest the Hero

I would expect this from a french "journalist" covering the team to create controversy for hits.

They were booing the terrible power play.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 06:50 PM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

He wasn't booed. The powerplay was. Don't title this as "speculation" if it's just a stupid idea.

He's a sophomore who is playing like a number 1 dman. He's running this pathetic team, he's untouchable.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:00 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Um, it was quite clear Subban was being booed, and last night wasn't the first time.

Old
12-07-2011, 07:03 PM
hockeyman*

Quote:
Um, it was quite clear Subban was being booed, and last night wasn't the first time.
Shhhhhh....

hockeyman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:04 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Pandemic

Quote:
Haha.. I have no idea what game you were watching buddy. They were booing the powerplay and it's not the first time they've done that. It was well deserved, as well. No one was booing Subban.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Subban is being held back by the coach. With Markov out, no extra money this season for a Wiz. Let him go, not like were in a playoff spot or anything, we need a blue line shooter!!! They should be booing JM.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Protest the Hero

Um, it was quite clear the PP was being booed, and last night wasn't the first time.

Old
12-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Krnage

just wait guys... we gonna get the Subban's brother

Krnage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:13 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Subban is being held back by the coach. With Markov out, no extra money this season for a Wiz. Let him go, not like were in a playoff spot or anything, we need a blue line shooter!!! They should be booing JM.
I agree, and it's obviously hurting his game.

Old
12-07-2011, 07:15 PM
kempie

Haven't seen this posted yet and I'm not doing it to stir **** up but PK was involved (again) in a bit of a thing at practice today, this time with DD and LL. Personally, I'm not surprised that things at practise are a bit testy these days. Anyway, FWIW, here's the clip:

http://tvasports.ca/video/1315056903001

kempie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:15 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
Haha.. I have no idea what game you were watching buddy. They were booing the powerplay and it's not the first time they've done that. It was well deserved, as well. No one was booing Subban.
I watch every single Habs game. PK has been boo'd several times. He's being criticized a hell of a lot more as well. Read my entire post. I'm not JUST talking about the booing. I'm talking about the criticism.

It's funny cuz others in this thread have noticed the boos directed towards Subban.

Old
12-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
I agree, and it's obviously hurting his game.
No doubt. Those that watch every game can see it.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempie View Post
Haven't seen this posted yet and I'm not doing it to stir **** up but PK was involved (again) in a bit of a thing at practice today, this time with DD and LL. Personally, I'm not surprised that things at practise are a bit testy these days. Anyway, FWIW, here's the clip:

I think the DD slash is the worst part of that video.

Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:

He's an emotional player playing for a zombie corpse organisation. He deserves better.

He'd be allowed to play his game, in any other city.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

Come on man...that's absolutely nothing..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
I watch every single Habs game. PK has been boo'd several times. He's being criticized a hell of a lot more as well. Read my entire post. I'm not JUST talking about the booing. I'm talking about the criticism.

It's funny cuz others in this thread have noticed the boos directed towards Subban.
You seem to be the only one saying so. The crowd is usually a representation of the posts on this board, the fans in the stands are going to hate the same players we hate, and they'll continue to cheer loudest for the same ones we would. Add a little french bias to some of the cheers, but it's practically the same opinion on here.

Old
12-07-2011, 07:23 PM
DJ Breadman

Pk has disappointed me this year a little, I was expecting a huge break out year, like a 50 point year, at one point last year the tsn panel had him on the next team canada, yeah that's not happing as of right now, I thought our pp would be ok with him back there but that has not been the case, too many of his shots are getting blocked and his offensive creativity has been down, also anytime someone goes near him he falls down and looks at the ref, it's getting hard to watch. That being said I think he has had some injury problems this year, he missed time in camp with a bad back, and a couple weeks ago he missed practice for a therapy day, there has to be something up he is playing solid hockey but doens't seem to have the same spark

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:

It's funny because you say that, yet I've read every other post in this thread just to make sure, and you're the only one thinking the boos were directed at Subban.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:28 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Pk has disappointed me this year a little, I was expecting a huge break out year, like a 50 point year, at one point last year the tsn panel had him on the next team canada, yeah that's not happing as of right now, I thought our pp would be ok with him back there but that has not been the case, too many of his shots are getting blocked and his offensive creativity has been down, also anytime someone goes near him he falls down and looks at the ref, it's getting hard to watch. That being said I think he has had some injury problems this year, he missed time in camp with a bad back, and a couple weeks ago he missed practice for a therapy day, there has to be something up he is playing solid hockey but doens't seem to have the same spark
His zombie HC is holding him back. The thing about the PP is PK needs a defense partner who's an actual threat. Diaz and Gorges are not threats...teams do not gameplan for them. With Wiz's heavy shot and good vision....it left PK open quite a bit. When Markov comes back, PK will be a much more effective player on the PP. Remember how close PK was taking those slappers from? He was like at the top of the circle...Wiz afforded him a lot of room. Now PK's taking slappers fromt he blue line with a guy in his face. Our PP is ineffective because the D simply isn't getting it done.

Old
12-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

When did PK get booed at home?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote