HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Points from our D

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 02:05 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

vCash: 500
Points from our D

The following are all 30 teams points by defense.

#1-Vancouver-33 pts.
2-Colorado-26 pts.
T3-Dallas-25 pts.
T3-Nashville-25 pts.
T3-Detroit-25 pts.
T3-LA-25 pts.
7-Edmonton-23 pts.
8-Minnesota-22 pts.
T9-NYI-21 pts.
T9-Toronto-21 pts.
11-New Jersey-20 pts.
T12-Pheonix-18 pts.
T12-San Jose-18 pts.
T12-Atlanta-18 pts.
T15-Montreal-17 pts.
T15-Philidelphia-17 pts.
T17-Florida-16 pts.
T17-Tampa Bay-16 pts.
T17-Columbus-16 pts.
T20-Ottawa-14 pts.
T20-St.Louis-14 pts.
22-NYR-13 pts.
T23-Anaheim-12 pts.
T23-Buffalo-12 pts.
T23-Carolina-12 pts.
T23-Calgary-12 pts.
T23-Washington-12 pts.
T28-Pittsburg-11 pts.
T28-Chicago-11 pts.
30-Boston-10 pts.

We are in some very good company, It amazed me to see Vancouver with so many, I thought I did my math wrong for a second.
As much as I hate The Paci****s (pacific canucks), it looks like they are the real deal.

So Although our defense has had some lapses, just remember, they are producing more offensively now than in recent history.

Old
11-03-2003, 06:19 AM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
The following are all 30 teams points by defense.

#1-Vancouver-33 pts.
2-Colorado-26 pts.
T3-Dallas-25 pts.
T3-Nashville-25 pts.
T3-Detroit-25 pts.
T3-LA-25 pts.
7-Edmonton-23 pts.
T28-Chicago-11 pts.
30-Boston-10 pts.

We are in some very good company, It amazed me to see Vancouver with so many, I thought I did my math wrong for a second.
As much as I hate The Paci****s (pacific canucks), it looks like they are the real deal.

So Although our defense has had some lapses, just remember, they are producing more offensively now than in recent history.
Looking at the last 2 positions makes me think tight fisted Wirtz in Chicago might have been smart to loosen the purse strings enough to pick up Bryan Berard.

Marek Malik leads all players in the NHL in plus/minus too boot. He's helped my +/- category in the Yahoo, head to head, fanasty pool bigtime.

The Oilers need to tighten up on D before other teams gain entry into our own end and make the simple play to get the puck out more quickly. Too much retreating into our own end causes horrible give-aways and needless turnovers. Gaining position in the neutral zone is less risky defensively.

Old
11-03-2003, 07:02 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Looking at the last 2 positions makes me think tight fisted Wirtz in Chicago might have been smart to loosen the purse strings enough to pick up Bryan Berard.

Marek Malik leads all players in the NHL in plus/minus too boot. He's helped my +/- category in the Yahoo, head to head, fanasty pool bigtime.

The Oilers need to tighten up on D before other teams gain entry into our own end and make the simple play to get the puck out more quickly. Too much retreating into our own end causes horrible give-aways and needless turnovers. Gaining position in the neutral zone is less risky defensively.
Ya, we are getting the exact opposite of what I expected from this blueline. With guys like Ferguson, Cross, Smith, and even in a way Staios, I though we'd be WAY WAY WAY lower in scoring, but MUCH MUCH MUCH better defensively.

Old
11-03-2003, 07:23 AM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Ya, we are getting the exact opposite of what I expected from this blueline. With guys like Ferguson, Cross, Smith, and even in a way Staios, I though we'd be WAY WAY WAY lower in scoring, but MUCH MUCH MUCH better defensively.
Thome, I'd say you're 'preaching to the choir' but I can't even sing the Copper & Blues on key.

Old
11-03-2003, 07:30 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Thome, I'd say you're 'preaching to the choir' but I can't even sing the Copper & Blues on key.
:p

Old
11-03-2003, 08:04 AM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
That's weird. Point-getting defenders get fatter contracts than even very good stay-at-home defenders (reference: Poti).

What a strange coincidence that our D is scoring more than defending!

Closed Thread