HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So the PK Subban honeymoon seems to be over

Old
12-07-2011, 07:34 PM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
When did PK get booed at home?
Most recently, last night.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Krnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
i tought they booed the PP

Krnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:42 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
i tought they booed the PP
That too

Old
12-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Every fanbase is a good representation of what you will find in society in general.

The people booing PK, who do you think they represent? Certainly not the Einsteins among us.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:54 PM
OneSharpMarble

He wasn't booed as others have stated. The kid also need to gets back on his game and quit all the extra crap. He needs to be paired with a vet that will set him straight.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:55 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Pk has disappointed me this year a little, I was expecting a huge break out year, like a 50 point year, at one point last year the tsn panel had him on the next team canada, yeah that's not happing as of right now, I thought our pp would be ok with him back there but that has not been the case, too many of his shots are getting blocked and his offensive creativity has been down, also anytime someone goes near him he falls down and looks at the ref, it's getting hard to watch. That being said I think he has had some injury problems this year, he missed time in camp with a bad back, and a couple weeks ago he missed practice for a therapy day, there has to be something up he is playing solid hockey but doens't seem to have the same spark
Are you kidding? Subban is the only potent dman we have, outside or Gorges and Emelin, who (as of right now) have no offensive game. He plays 25 minutes a game. Opposing teams have only him to cover at the point, and nothing is happening down low. On top of that, JM will not let him play his game at all. Of course he's not going to score 50 points this year... it's really sad to see him out there right now, but I don't think he's in the top 10 of our problems.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:57 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

LOL you're a funny guy. Lock the thread already. The only way PK Subban gets booed in Montreal is if he pulls a Komi.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

They booed the powerplay, not Subban. Stop manufacturing drama.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:59 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
LOL you're a funny guy. Lock the thread already. The only way PK Subban gets booed in Montreal is if he pulls a Komi.
Did you read the rest of my post? I mentioned CRITICISM as well. And there's a whole lot of criticism going around about PK. Read the ENTIRE OP before you make silly comments like this.

Furthermore, it annoys me that I'm being labeled a troll or a "drama enciter" for having a different opinion from some in this thread. The guy touched the puck and got booed. When he no longer had possession of the puck, the booing stopped. I think I can differentiate between booing the team and booing players. They even mentioned it on L'Antichambre.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:00 PM
AntonCH

Doesn't help that 1/3 of the fan base is bipolar and the other 1/3 leans on the emo side.
The remaining 1/3 is normal bordering on fanatical.
Get used to the reactions, it's been like this for awhile now

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Captain Saku

I dont think they were booing subban, they were rather booing the team. Don't create controversy when there is none.

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:12 PM
phoque taupe

Quote:
They even mentioned it on L'Antichambre.
oh ok, then its true

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I dont think they were booing subban, they were rather booing the team. Don't create controversy when there is none.

This

Close thread.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Did you read the rest of my post? I mentioned CRITICISM as well. And there's a whole lot of criticism going around about PK. Read the ENTIRE OP before you make silly comments like this.

Furthermore, it annoys me that I'm being labeled a troll or a "drama enciter" for having a different opinion from some in this thread. The guy touched the puck and got booed. When he no longer had possession of the puck, the booing stopped. I think I can differentiate between booing the team and booing players. They even mentioned it on L'Antichambre.
Apparently not.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Padrino86

Not a fan of booing your own players but I'm really glad the hooney moon is over. People might start realizing that he's no superstar, he's never gonna be one. Probably a #2 d-man on a bad team and 2nd pairing d-man on a good team, which is really good. The guy offensive talent is so overrated it's not funny. He's got a good shot(though not showing it this year) and he's spectacular, but he's not a consistently effective offensive d-men, and he never was.

Padrino86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Optimus Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
It's funny because you say that, yet I've read every other post in this thread just to make sure, and you're the only one thinking the boos were directed at Subban.

Sorry to burst your bubble man, I was at the game and Subban was booed in the third. Some cheered for his fancy plays, some booed him for trying too much and failing, turning him into ridicule.

I think he deserved some of the boos, simply for the fact that he should stop trying to be too cute when the game is on the line. I like him and find him an exciting player, but ****, when the game is on the line like this one was, against a terrible opponent, ****ing pass the puck instead of trying to do everything by yourself, losing the puck on your own or giving a turnover in the process.

But the player deserving the boos is certainly Cammy. The guy just doesn't give a **** anymore. Haven't seen someone "chier din coins" like him since Brisebois.

This team should ****ing hide themselves. Pathetic. Btw, I don't see what's the big deal about booing a player, he's a professionnal. Athletes gets booed, it's part of the job.

Optimus Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:25 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Price View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble man, I was at the game and Subban was booed in the third. Some cheered for his fancy plays, some booed him for trying too much and failing, turning him into ridicule.

I think he deserved some of the boos, simply for the fact that he should stop trying to be too cute when the game is on the line. I like him and find him an exciting player, but ****, when the game is on the line like this one was, against a terrible opponent, ****ing pass the puck instead of trying to do everything by yourself, losing the puck on your own or giving a turnover in the process.

But the player deserving the boos is certainly Cammy. The guy just doesn't give a **** anymore. Haven't seen someone "chier din coins" like him since Brisebois.

This team should ****ing hide themselves. Pathetic. Btw, I don't see what's the big deal about booing a player, he's a professionnal. Athletes gets booed, it's part of the job.
tHIS

And for those who thought I was making this up, look at the game thread around page 31,32,33. PK WAS GETTING BOOED!!!

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1047225&page=32

I still don't think you BOO a 2nd year player who has been asked to do more than he should. How does he get booed but the vets don't?

Same thing happened to Price. Booing our players, especially the young guys is so frigging dumb and I hate it.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:26 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino86 View Post
Not a fan of booing your own players but I'm really glad the hooney moon is over. People might start realizing that he's no superstar, he's never gonna be one. Probably a #2 d-man on a bad team and 2nd pairing d-man on a good team, which is really good. The guy offensive talent is so overrated it's not funny. He's got a good shot(though not showing it this year) and he's spectacular, but he's not a consistently effective offensive d-men, and he never was.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Stradale

Quote:
No he wasn't.

I was at the Bell center. We were booing the PP.. and the Habs in general, especially when they were stuck in the defensive zone and can't start any good attack. Maybe Subban had the puck when the booing start but it wasn't direct specifically at him.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Optimus Price

Quote:
tHIS

And for those who thought I was making this up, look at the game thread around page 31,32,33. PK WAS GETTING BOOED!!!

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1047225&page=32

I still don't think you BOO a 2nd year player who has been asked to do more than he should. How does he get booed but the vets don't?

Same thing happened to Price. Booing our players, especially the young guys is so frigging dumb and I hate it.
I understand where you're coming from. But do you think he has been asked to play like Kovalev ? He's trying to deke everyone and it's not working. He needs to keep it simple. I do agree however that he's playing, way, way too much than he should.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Picaroon

Quote:

dude... the entire backbone of this website is criticism.

Second this is Montreal. To expect zero criticism for any player on this team is crazy.

Yes, lately there are fans who are "criticizing" Subban's game, myself included, but I don't think I have ever met a Montreal fan who doesn't love PK Subban. We just want him to be the elite player he can be. Just because we all know he is awesome, doesn't mean he gets a free pass.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:37 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Price View Post
I understand where you're coming from. But do you think he has been asked to play like Kovalev ? He's trying to deke everyone and it's not working. He needs to keep it simple. I do agree however that he's playing, way, way too much than he should.
He's not being asked to play like Kovalev. But he's being asked to replace Markov. He's also the only guy on the back end who can generate offense. Yes, sometimes he tries to do things on his own, but last year he was getting cheered for it. So I don't quite understand the boos.

I understand some of the criticism and if he was a veteran Dman 7 years deep in the league I'd be right along with you. But he's in his 2nd year.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:41 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsonhab View Post
dude... the entire backbone of this website is criticism.

Second this is Montreal. To expect zero criticism for any player on this team is crazy.

Yes, lately there are fans who are "criticizing" Subban's game, myself included, but I don't think I have ever met a Montreal fan who doesn't love PK Subban. We just want him to be the elite player he can be. Just because we all know he is awesome, doesn't mean he gets a free pass.
I never said PK shouldn't be criticized. I've criticized him before. But the PK sucks, the boos, the "PK is a disappointment" crap is a little much. I know Habs fans are bipolar by nature, it's just annoying.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:43 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:

Well then why would you make a thread titled like that and provoke unnecessary ****? Definite trolling. Sure he had some giveaways like all of his teammates, but did you see how he breaks up those 2 on 1s?! Never thought I'd see good old PK playing defence that well any time soon.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Optimus Price

Quote:
He's not being asked to play like Kovalev. But he's being asked to replace Markov. He's also the only guy on the back end who can generate offense. Yes, sometimes he tries to do things on his own, but last year he was getting cheered for it. So I don't quite understand the boos.

I understand some of the criticism and if he was a veteran Dman 7 years deep in the league I'd be right along with you. But he's in his 2nd year.
The difference is this year, the team is not winning. Last year, he could do it because he was on the second pairing, while Hamrlik was on the first. This year, the D is depending on him as he's the #1. We love PK because the kid has an amazing talent. But in games like yesterday, he was hurting more his team than anything else. That's where the whole Subban criticism is coming from, and the boos and so on. We know he's young but that's no excuse when a game as important as the game yesterday was on the line and you are in between a playoff spot and a lottery pick. He has to keep it simple because we won't win many games when he's playing like that.

But like I said, there's people deserving more boos than him on the team and in the front office.