HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NY Mets/Yankees Discussion Thread

Old
12-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI91 View Post
AND CJ Wilson.
****in **** man!

I wanted CJ Wilson. I know he's not great but he was the best free agent pitcher available. Guess we (Yankees) have to go for the Gio Gonzalez trade I've been hearing about.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 01:01 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Damn Pujols and Wilson. LAA are going to be very good this year. Wilson rejected marlins offer of 6/99 to sign back home. I repsect that. He left a lot of money on the table to go back home and play.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
****in **** man!

I wanted CJ Wilson. I know he's not great but he was the best free agent pitcher available. Guess we (Yankees) have to go for the Gio Gonzalez trade I've been hearing about.
I don't know why Yankee fans would want cj Wilson.. He's a good pitcher don't get me wrong but he's been a major dud in the post season. Listening to the radio Yankee fans were calling for cashman to actually trade Tex because he had a bad post season.. I think he would be eaten alive in new york. I don't know why the yanks would want to get locked up in a long term deal for a converted reliever who's not an ace.. Gio is the way to go but it's gonna cost alot (montero+one of the young guns) and reports are Yankees have turned into hoarders when it comes to their prospects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
Damn Pujols and Wilson. LAA are going to be very good this year. Wilson rejected marlins offer of 6/99 to sign back home. I repsect that. He left a lot of money on the table to go back home and play.
The angels rotation is going to be pretty sick weaver/Haren/Santana/Wilson is a pretty stacked top four.. Now with pujols the AL west is going to be a pretty good race between Tex and LAA but I think these moves put angels over the top..

Also being reported that the marlins offered pujols more money then the angels just read this on MLBtraderumors.com:

Quote:
Pujols received ten years and $254MM from the Angels, but Bob Nightengale of USA Today says the Marlins offered ten years and $275MM. *That would have tied Alex Rodriguez for the largest contract guarantee in baseball history. *Nightengale says that with incentives and Florida's lack of a state income tax, the deal could have been worth nearly $300MM.

Bunk Moreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Toujin

If last year you told me told me that the Angels and Marlins would be spending hundreds of millions of dollars at the winter meetings and the Yankees would spend $0, I'd call you insane.

I'm just glad my Phillies won't have to see Pujols anymore With that insane contract of his, he's gonna need to play DH anyway during the last couple of years of his contract, so I'm not too shocked he wanted to go to the AL.

How do you guys who are Mets fans feel about Reyes leaving? DO they have a replacement for him?

Toujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Bunk Moreland

I really don't think pujols contract is that ridiculous.. I think the guy got what he deserved. He's going to be 42 when the contract is up which is not that absurd. The guy is a freaking machine and is hands down IMO the best player in baseball for the last decade. He isn't injury prone.. The few injuries he had weren't like tweaking a hammy it was a guy running him over at firstbase.. Freak accident. He's an excellent first basemen probably only players better than him defensively are Tex and Adrian Gonzalez. So I don't see why it's improbable for him to play hid position for 8, 9 or even the full 10 years of his contract. He unlike A-Rod hasn't been connected to taking the juice, personally I dont think he has, so it's not like he'll face the rash of injuries rodriguez has had or the decline in numbers.

Listen I hate Albert pujols.. I mean I reaaaaally HATE the guy but I don't think this contract is bad for either parties involved. That said thank god the dude is out of the national league.

Old
12-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin De Haan Job View Post
I don't know why Yankee fans would want cj Wilson.. He's a good pitcher don't get me wrong but he's been a major dud in the post season. Listening to the radio Yankee fans were calling for cashman to actually trade Tex because he had a bad post season.. I think he would be eaten alive in new york. I don't know why the yanks would want to get locked up in a long term deal for a converted reliever who's not an ace.. Gio is the way to go but it's gonna cost alot (montero+one of the young guns) and reports are Yankees have turned into hoarders when it comes to their prospects.

:
Yup Montero plus one of the killer B's for Gio. Gio is a great pitcher but that is a lot to give up. Especially considering how well Montero was hitting when he came up last year.

As for Wilson, I just wanted another lefty in the rotation who could give them Pettite like numbers. That said, Wilson and Pettite were worlds apart when it comes to the postseason but that doesn't mean he couldn't turn it around. I preferred it to a Gio trade because I would rather pay for a guy than give up two young guns. Although pitching was NOT the Yankees problem when all was said and done last year. Lack of timely hitting is what lost the ALDS for them. Couldn't have asked much more of the entire pitching staff really.

Old
12-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:

Listen I hate Albert pujols.. I mean I reaaaaally HATE the guy but I don't think this contract is bad for either parties involved. That said thank god the dude is out of the national league.
The exact opposite reaction that I had when I heard.

Old
12-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

[QUOTE=IslesFanatic;40628823]Damn Pujols and Wilson. LAA are going to be very good this year. Wilson rejected marlins offer of 6/99 to sign back home. I repsect that. He left a lot of money on the table to go back home and play.[/QUOTE]

It's not always about money.

12-08-2011, 03:37 PM
malPHONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
Yup Montero plus one of the killer B's for Gio. Gio is a great pitcher but that is a lot to give up. Especially considering how well Montero was hitting when he came up last year.
That's a pretty bad deal for Gio. Rather look to a similar pitcher, aka Jon Niese if he is on the market. Acually, they're only similar in terms of age and team control. Niese can actually find the strike zone.

Better yet, John Danks or Gavin Floyd.

Last edited by malPHONEY: 12-08-2011 at 04:01 PM.
malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by malPHONEY View Post
That's a pretty bad deal for Gio. Rather look to a similar pitcher, aka Jon Niese if he is on the market.
Neise for Montero

Old
12-08-2011, 03:55 PM
malPHONEY

Quote:
Neise for Montero
Add Colliton to sweeten the deal and I'm all for it.

Old
12-08-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
[...]That said thank god the dude is out of the national league.
This. Just imagine Pujols would have signed with the Marlins and Reyes stays healthy.

0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 04:02 PM
malPHONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0815 View Post
This. Just imagine Pujols would have signed with the Marlins and Reyes stays healthy.
Poor Astros.

Old
12-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/12/...mets-finances/

“They need some things to happen fairly soon,” an MLB official told Harper. “They’re sort of at the end here with the banks and everything else.”

Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:51 AM
CDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post

“They need some things to happen fairly soon,” an MLB official told Harper. “They’re sort of at the end here with the banks and everything else.”
Wilpon should be forced to sell. He ain't gonna get more cash flow from the fans given that one of their biggest draws just walked without an offer from the team. This guy ain't foolin anyone.

Any hope of this team getting back into contention anytime soon just went to Florida. They may as well deal Wright at this point and start from scratch.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Isles Junkie

Anyone besides Charles Wang. Hell I'd even take the dummy Dolans over the Wilpons.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0815 View Post
Let's just be happy that isn't the case
Quote:

Need something is an understatement. I swear, this team is like the Isles when it comes to critical decisions.

Backhand of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Anyone getting excited for baseball?

Old
12-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Anyone getting excited for baseball?
Yeah I am... only a little bit, the closer it gets to spring training the more pumped I'll be. Obviously I'm going into this season with absolutely 0 expectations, being a Mets fan, they're going to be pretty bad but hey anything can happen. I still think they're not as terrible as some people think they are but realistically a .500 season would be a good season for them... which is still pathetic haha.

League wide I'm very interested to see where Prince Fielder lands and how the whole Braun insanity plays out.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Isles Junkie

Not excited for baseball at all.

Sure seeing Davis, Duda, Tejada, Niese & Gee continue to develop will be fun. But that is really the only damn reason to watch the Mets this year. They're going to be another 77 or so win team. I'm more fed up with their ownership than the Isles. It's just such a mess in Metland. The sooner the league takes the team away from the Wilpons the better.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...done-1.3445816

Old
02-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...camp-1.3540618

TAMPA, Fla. -- The trade of A.J. Burnett alters the math of the rotation but doesn't change the primary Yankees story line as pitchers and catchers report Sunday.
Too many starters, not enough spots.
Which concerns general manager Brian Cashman not in the least.
"It's only a surplus when everyone is up and running and pitching well in the season," Cashman said by phone Saturday.
In other words, a lot can happen between now and when the season opens in St. Petersburg at Tropicana Field.

Old
02-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Bunk Moreland

It was a trade that really had to happen for the good of both the player and the team. There's no way AJ and his contract could have come into camp as the teams 6th or 7th starter..

Old
02-19-2012, 04:11 PM
19NYSports91

I'm very excited for the Yankees season. This is probably their best rotation in a while. I'm anxious to see how well Pineda does, I think it's very important for him to have a good start to the season. I am a Phil Hughes fan and I will like to seem him bounce back. Hughes would be a much better pitcher if he played in a pitchers park since he's a fly ball pitcher. I would have like to have another lefty in the rotation, but it's ok. The Bullpen is probably the best in baseball imo.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:20 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Who's going to bring the pie, now?

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote