HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 NBA Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2011, 04:21 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
We just don't have the assets to acquire CP3 at this time- we'll have to wait until free agency unless the Hornets take something like Shumpert, Fields, a couple of 1sts.
We have no 1st until like 2030 I believe.

Billups, Balkman, Turiaf for CP3 is a great deal.

Old
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM
SRTtoZ

While we dont have the assets (nor do I want to give up the ones we DO have), it will be interesting to see what the Hornets do. They either sit by and let CP3 walk away and get nothing for him, or trade him to the knicks for minimal peices, OR lastly trade him to a contender who wants to rent him for the year, but I wonder how much that team would give up if they know hes going to leave after the year.

So basically, another Melo situation.

Old
12-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
What are they going to do? Lose CP3 for nothing?
The Hornets would have to find a team willing to acquire CP3 knowing that he will probably not sign an extension with them. I don't know what team would do that though, so maybe the Knicks have some leverage in that sense.

Old
12-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
While we dont have the assets (nor do I want to give up the ones we DO have), it will be interesting to see what the Hornets do. They either sit by and let CP3 walk away and get nothing for him, or trade him to the knicks for minimal peices, OR lastly trade him to a contender who wants to rent him for the year, but I wonder how much that team would give up if they know hes going to leave after the year.

So basically, another Melo situation.
The thing with Melo was that his extension was looming, and because of the new CBA he stood to lose some $$ if he didn't sign it before a certain date. So the Knicks knew that if they didn't trade for him, there was a possibility he would get traded somewhere else and sign the extension.

I'm not sure that's the case with CP3 because the new CBA is all worked out and he becomes a UFA next summer.

Old
12-01-2011, 04:58 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
The Hornets would have to find a team willing to acquire CP3 knowing that he will probably not sign an extension with them. I don't know what team would do that though, so maybe the Knicks have some leverage in that sense.
The Knicks? Leverage?

Where have we heard that before? Oh right the Melo situation--until James Dolan conveniently stepped in.

12-01-2011, 05:05 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

As I said in the first post in this thread, MAN, do I hate Jimmy "I was born on third base and think I hit a homer, the team batted around and THEN I hit a triple" Dolan.

Old
12-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
What?
Carmelo Anthony is an incredibly overrated and inefficient player. He's an extreme ball-hog, which would be ok if he were like McHale and had an extremely high shooting percentage, but he's actually the opposite. He finishes around or below the rate of an average NBA player. Now, that's not to say he's average. The average NBA player would still probably not score as much as him if the offense ran through one of them the way it does through Anthony. It does mean, however, that Anthony pales in comparison to what you would expect from a superstar scorer. Guys like LeBron, Kobe, etc finish at a way higher clip than him.

Old
12-01-2011, 05:43 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Carmelo Anthony is an incredibly overrated and inefficient player. He's an extreme ball-hog, which would be ok if he were like McHale and had an extremely high shooting percentage, but he's actually the opposite. He finishes around or below the rate of an average NBA player. Now, that's not to say he's average. The average NBA player would still probably not score as much as him if the offense ran through one of them the way it does through Anthony. It does mean, however, that Anthony pales in comparison to what you would expect from a superstar scorer. Guys like LeBron, Kobe, etc finish at a way higher clip than him.
If Melo puts in 100% effort, he has the skills to be a top 5 player in the game. I do not believe his heart was in Denver the past few years. Even though we lost, that Game 2 vs. Boston showed a lot about him to me. Amare out, Billups out, and this guy goes out there basically playing 1 on 5 with scrubs like Jeffries, Mason, etc.

Melo played average D since coming over here. Great? No, but average and I think he'll be even better this year. I think he's going to prove the haters wrong this season.

Last edited by IBleedNYRBlue: 12-01-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old
12-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Didn't start watching basketball until last year. Actually pretty excited for the new season.

Old
12-01-2011, 05:46 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Yeah just saw that. Nothing surprising lol.

Im a Knicks fan, but really losing interest in the NBA as a whole. These superstars forcing team's hands to play with their buddies is getting ridiculous. I know superteams always existed but they weren't formed like this. I thought the lockout was suppose to change this? I feel bad for team's fans like the Bucks, Hornets, Bobcats, etc. Really no hope and even if you strike gold in the draft that star will most likely bounce to NY, LA, etc. when their contract is up.
Agreed completely.

I never even liked CP and Melo.

Old
12-01-2011, 06:01 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
The Knicks? Leverage?

Where have we heard that before? Oh right the Melo situation--until James Dolan conveniently stepped in.
I don't buy that we had as much leverage as we thought. I think it's somewhere in the middle.

Old
12-01-2011, 06:53 PM
darko

Quote:
If Melo puts in 100% effort, he has the skills to be a top 5 player in the game. I do not believe his heart was in Denver the past few years. Even though we lost, that Game 2 vs. Boston showed a lot about him to me. Amare out, Billups out, and this guy goes out there basically playing 1 on 5 with scrubs like Jeffries, Mason, etc.

Melo played average D since coming over here. Great? No, but average and I think he'll be even better this year. I think he's going to prove the haters wrong this season.

Key word is 'if'. He's yet to do it in his career, I dont see why it would change now.

Old
12-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Zil

Quote:

It's not even about his D though. I'm not denying his raw talent. I just don't think he's a very smart player and he just doesn't make smart decisions with the ball. That's why he's inefficient. He just blows a ton of possessions by trying to force bad shots rather than passing.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:29 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
It's not even about his D though. I'm not denying his raw talent. I just don't think he's a very smart player and he just doesn't make smart decisions with the ball. That's why he's inefficient. He just blows a ton of possessions by trying to force bad shots rather than passing.
It's not even that, though. He showed last year, especially towards the end of the year that he could play an extremely effective team game on both offense and defense.

BUT, then at the end of games - especially tight games - all of a sudden he would regress and go into full on "hero" mode... and as often as not kill the team's momentum, rather than seal the win.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:35 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
It's not even that, though. He showed last year, especially towards the end of the year that he could play an extremely effective team game on both offense and defense.

BUT, then at the end of games - especially tight games - all of a sudden he would regress and go into full on "hero" mode... and as often as not kill the team's momentum, rather than seal the win.
I will agree with this, but he is one of the most clutch players in the game.

I think he's top 3 in GW among active players.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Mkhizgilov

Trade Amare for Chris paul, and then sign dwight howard in the offseason. Make it happen

Old
12-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 152
Saw a Knicks commercial on MSG last night. Can't wait for the season to finally start.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:39 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
Saw a Knicks commercial on MSG last night. Can't wait for the season to finally start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDaNj...layer_embedded

Old
12-06-2011, 01:08 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Jeffries to resign for 1 year deal.

Old
12-07-2011, 12:12 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

Schedules out...

http://www.nba.com/knicks/schedule/

Old
12-07-2011, 12:17 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkhizgilov View Post
Trade Amare for Chris paul, and then sign dwight howard in the offseason. Make it happen
People have been talking about this. More on the line of Amar'e to Orlando for Howard and sign Paul as a FA.

Not a crazy idea. You hate to do that to Amar'e though.

Howard
Melo
Paul is better than:

Amar'e
Melo
Paul

Old
12-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 152
Tyson Chandler to the Knicks? I'll take it. We're gonna need a PG if Billups is going the other way though.

Old
12-08-2011, 01:18 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I would LOVE Chandler on the Knicks.

Also I sort of wish we kept Ray Felton- he had good chemistry with Amar'e.

Old
12-08-2011, 01:20 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
So do we then build an Amare-for-Paul deal?

It's just pain.
Old
12-08-2011, 01:21 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
So do we then build an Amare-for-Paul deal?
Possibly.

That's the rumor right now.

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Don't think NYK out of CP3 Hunt if it gets Ty Chandler. Ty & CP r close friends. Most likely, Amare would hit trade market.

Closed Thread