HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Mark Fistric Suspended 3 games

Old
12-07-2011, 04:01 PM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

vCash: 500
Everything is going right for the Isles right now!

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 04:37 PM
TennesseeJedd

Is that the sound of crickets from those Blaming Nino for that hit or from those who said it wasn't a penalty?

TennesseeJedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HersheyHockey View Post
December 15's game just got a little more interesting.
While it did, the objective is 2 points.

12-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineHoleGoal View Post
Thank you Mr. Shanahan!

And for the haters and naysayers, please note that Mr. Shanahan assigns 0 (zero) blame to Nino for this hit. He never says that Nino had his head down. As a matter of fact, he says that Nino saw Fistric coming and dumped the puck. Nino was in a crouched position due to his body posture as he skated hard through the neutral zone.

Hitting Nino is Fistric's job as a dman, but hitting him illegally and taking advantage of Nino's body posture and causing an injury is Fistric's crime. He left his feet, he charged, he caused an injury. 3 game suspension, end of story.

See you in a couple weeks Fistric.
I'm a native Long Islander who's been living in the Dallas area for four years, and I'm impressed by the hockey down here. There are a lot of transplants from the northern parts of the continents, and the hockey is competitive at the men's league level, and great at the grassroots level. But let me tell you something about Dallas Stars fans, which is not all inclusive, but they don't really consider much outside of Dallas area sports; Brendan Morrow is the best hockey player ever, Steve Ott is the toughest ever, Mike Modano is the best American hockey player ever (that one always makes me choke on my spit), the [Texas] Rangers are teh best, the Cowboys are the best (but they do know that Romo sucks), and the Mavericks are the best, and on and on and on. They blame Nino AND Islander management for the hit. It's a big time homer town here, but it doesn't bother me because I don't spend a lot of time talking about sports.

This is twas about as bad as it gets in terms of being open ice (I know it was near the boards) without a high stick or hit from behind being involved. They're mad because there "are never suspensions" on incidents involving their team. Shannahan made the right call, and I'm happy that Fistric is going to be in the game at Nassau.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:45 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
While it did, the objective is 2 points.
Exactly. And the fact that Fistric got suspended, the Islanders are getting themselve back into playoff contention, and the Pitt brawl cost Wang serious coin- I think the Islanders will play a smart game. Hopefully the Isles take another 2 points and hurt Dallas were it hurt's the most (and helps the Isles most), in the standings.

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 11:53 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

This was a key ruling by Shanahan. You can't target the head anymore. About frackin time.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 12:28 AM
NYI JT91
(Islesallday)

vCash: 102
Happy with the decision. Shanahan has been doing a great job, doesnt allow any ********. On top of his 3 game suspension he can also be expecting an ass beating

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 01:00 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesallday View Post
Happy with the decision. Shanahan has been doing a great job, doesnt allow any ********. On top of his 3 game suspension he can also be expecting an ass beating
I wonder if old school Shanny was counting on that with his decision?

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 03:12 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
But let me tell you something about Dallas Stars fans, which is not all inclusive, but they don't really consider much outside of Dallas area sports; Brendan Morrow is the best hockey player ever, Steve Ott is the toughest ever, Mike Modano is the best American hockey player ever (that one always makes me choke on my spit), the [Texas] Rangers are teh best, the Cowboys are the best (but they do know that Romo sucks), and the Mavericks are the best, and on and on and on. .
oddly enough, that's probably the only one out of all of them where they even have any kind of legitimate argument.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote