HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you consider the current Bruins to be a lot of fun?

View Poll Results: Are the Bruins an exciting team?
Yes, the Bruins are an exciting team 16 76.19%
No, the Bruins are not an exciting team 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 09:02 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
Do you consider the current Bruins to be a lot of fun?

Do you consider the current Bruins to be a lot of fun? By that I mean, do you really enjoy this team and get a thrill out of the games?

Old
11-03-2003, 09:05 AM
HockeyGoddess

vCash: 500
I voted yes, but I'm more on the fence about how exciting the team is.

When they're playing teams that don't rely on their own skill, but instead employ constant clutching/grabbing/holding/mugging/draping, there isn't much excitement to behold. When the B's are allowed to actually skate without being mugged every other second, yes, the team is pretty exciting to watch overall.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:17 AM
Bruwinz37

I voted yes, but I guess you could take my vote with a grain of salt. I get so up for every game that I have ever watched that I would never say they are a boring team. Even during the Pat Burns era I loved every minute of every game.

To me if this wasnt exciting I wouldnt watch, but I have never watched a Bruins team I didnt like.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
I didn't vote...at least not yet...

why ? ...because the game of NHL hockey is becoming less and less exciting for me.Trap, clutch and grab, etc...

Every once and awhile a game like the one against the Avs that we just had gives me hope.. fast skating, hard hitting, crowd into it..etc..

but they are becoming too far and between. I miss that "old" type of game.
Our Bruins have shown me that they can be exciting and play that way. This current group...but the style of so many opponents doesn't allow for it..

So how should I vote ?

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
11-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
I voted no, but I'm just trying to be objective. I'll watch a Bruins game instead of virtually any other activity that might be going on. So of course I find hockey and the team to always be exciting. It's just that recently I find the potential for excitement to be sometimes greater than the excitement I actually experience.

The reason for the poll is that I'm curious whether fans are really into this team. I'm surprised to see that most people don't want to pick "no," or really enjoy the team. That surprises me, maybe I'm alone on this one.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:33 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
I voted no, but I'm just trying to be objective. I'll watch a Bruins game instead of virtually any other activity that might be going on. So of course I find hockey and the team to always be exciting. It's just that recently I find the potential for excitement to be sometimes greater than the excitement I actually experience.

The reason for the poll is that I'm curious whether fans are really into this team. I'm surprised to see that most people don't want to pick "no," or really enjoy the team. That surprises me, maybe I'm alone on this one.
Black Eye, how much of this has to do with the last two or three games? I mean did you not find the opener exciting? How about our 2-0 win at Dallas? Beating Colorado 4-1 in their barn? Beating LA in dramatic fashion?

I dont think this team is boring at all. I dont think they are all playing up to their potential (notmentioningnamesglennmurray) but watching players develop, watching our team go out there and battle 60 minutes will always be exciting to me. Sure, that Carolina game was not a great hockey game, but every team in every sport has stinkers somewhere in the schedule....take my word for it ...I was at the Pats Browns game!!!!!

Old
11-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
I think the performance of the team is exciting. I'm pleasantly surprised with the record so far and they had a nice road trip. I'm interested in the rookies, seeing how they do. I guess my general comment is that I appreciate players like Rolston and Murray, but I can't really say that they are exciting to me.

If the Bruins traded Murray and got another player who performed at a similar level, I could care less about Murray leaving. If the Bruins traded Boynton, I'd be sorry to see him go no matter what the trade was. If they got Bertuzzi and Jovo for Boynton, I'd still miss Boynton a little. There are just some players that you have that kind of attachment to and I don't count a lot of those from the current roster. It's like the Stock thing. I know that he is probably the most expendable player on that roster in 9 out of 10 ways that you can measure contribution. But I just miss the guy, you know? It's not a quantifiable thing and that makes it hard to dissect and analyze like this.

I like the team, I think they're actually surprisingly good, I support them, I don't have a ton of bad stuff to say about them this year... but I just feel that detachment. That's just me I guess.

Closed Thread