HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shanny calls out Pax as "not intentionally lying" but...

Old
12-06-2011, 07:26 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

vCash: 500
I'm sure Max Patches cried into his popcorn. But that was over Bella and Edward.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

Poor Maxie Paddie

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:37 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I think it was actually most comparable to Paille's hit last year and Paille got 4 games so not sure what he's whining about. He got one fewer game.
He`s a Hab TCL, no further explanation as to the drawn out whining necessary

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:13 AM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

someone needs to tell max that Shanaban isn't a referee. No need to whine like a *****

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:24 AM
TD74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstanley View Post
Poor Maxie Paddie
: laugh:

TD74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Megaforce

I am not even sure why Max was suspended. His hit was nowhere near as bad as Malone on Campoli. Malone actually left his feet for that head shot but he didn't even get suspended. And yeah, Chara's hit on him was a lot worse too, and there was no suspension there either.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
I am not even sure why Max was suspended. His hit was nowhere near as bad as Malone on Campoli. Malone actually left his feet for that head shot but he didn't even get suspended. And yeah, Chara's hit on him was a lot worse too, and there was no suspension there either.

What?

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:00 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Ooooh, boy......here comes the legal defense fund.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Not even sure? See the hit on Sawada in which Danielle Paille of the Boston Bruins was suspended for 4 (FOUR 1,2,3,4) games. Here, I'll help you.

It's almost identical to Pacioretty's hit. Anyone can see Malone on Campoli is much more a north/south hit, than a east west lateral blindside type hit, which they're trying to eliminate.

Chara never hit Pacioretty, he pushed him w/ his forearm, and he hit a stanchion. I know you haven't been watching the game for long and all, but there's a drastic difference between the two. Far more similar to when Scott Gomez (7mil per year, lol!!!) ran Chris Kelly into a goal post. That play wasn't even reviewed by the league. Nor should it have been.

Then there's Hal "Turnbuckle" Gill. Surely there's a BOLO out on this hockey animal up in Montreal.

Neely08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Shadowthrone
Danke Angel di Maria

Quote:
The MTL to the left side of your post gave you away.

Shadowthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:35 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRonin View Post
This kid is an embarrassment to fellow New Englanders.

I don't know what's in the water up there in Montreal that makes every player that goes there turn into a complete and utter *****.

Shut up and take your medicine like a man.
No kidding. Talk about immature.

Unrelated, but one thing I've loved in all of this is the Montreal media have spent virtually no effort disguising the fact that they're just a bunch of giant fanboys on soapboxes. No one close to Patches comes out of this thing looking good.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:38 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Ooooh, boy......here comes the legal defense fund.

"Why should YOU be suspended for a dirty hit someone ELSE noticed?"

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 10:58 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I'm sure Max Patches cried into his popcorn. But that was over Bella and Edward.
He didn't happen to tweet during that movie, he was probably just overwhelmed.

kman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowthrone View Post
The MTL to the left side of your post gave you away.
Seriously.

That to me, is the... It's like the best post at outlining why we hate the Habs and a certain (sizable) faction of their fans.

Why did a Hab get suspended? I don't get it! These offenses AGAINST the Canadiens were WAY worse. And THEY didn't get suspended.
And on the BRUINS board.

Hey... I know you're genuinely confused about why Pacioretty was suspended. I'm sure that that's 100% sincere. I also know 100% WHY you're confused. To outline that however, I'd teeter on an infraction.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 08:02 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
He didn't happen to tweet during that movie, he was probably just overwhelmed.
Nice, not saying Shanny woulda let him off with nothing but had Patchy handled things a bit differently when the Z incident went down, and had he not been seen at the movies hours following the incident after such an uproar was raised, he may have gotten a bit more of a sympathetic look from Shanny.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Megaforce

A lot of Montreal fans thought Patches deserved a suspension on that play, I really couldn't figure that out, although it's possibly due to the fact that Letang is a local boy from Montreal.

Letang zigzagged at the blueline then put his head down to where his shoulder should be after Patches had already lined him up. It's not an intentional head shot.

And if a Bruin were suspended for the same play, I'd feel the same, although a little less intensely, not cuz I dislike like the Bruins, but because I don't follow your team.. I certainly wouldn't dismiss the grievance, because it's about consistency. You can't arrest one guy for robbing a bank and then let the next guy go for doing the same thing.

But yeah Malone definitely left his skates to hit Campoli on the head, if that's a legal hit and Patches' on Letang isn't, then Shanahan has really got to explain why instead of trying to get all defensive.

I could certainly understand Pacioretty's frustration. I don't really get the people on this board taunting Patches either, he's a New Englander and he's a good guy, plays through injuries, etc, never laid a dirty hit against your team.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:44 AM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
HE GOT SUSPENDED FOR 3 GAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, the Habs fans need to get over it and get on with their season. It's not like he got suspended for 10 games, which I could see Montrealers burning down their city over. There's still plenty of time for Montreal to put forth their best effort and make a good run in the playoffs, although I hope not.

People taunt Patches because of the overdramatization of the Chara/Patches hit, the 911 calls and official investigation, the sponsor drama, etc etc ad nauseam ad nauseam. We'd like Patches well enough if he played for the Bruins, as sickening as that might be to some of us, but he plays for the enemy and you have to expect us to say what we feel on OUR BOARD.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:20 AM
bme44

Quote:
OPEN YOUR EYES

bme44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:37 AM
jgatie

Quote:
If you cannot see the difference between the Pacioretty hit and the Malone hit, your brain is permanently set in Habs defender mode and you need a lobotomy. Seriously, the hits are night and day.

jgatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 12:41 PM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatie View Post
If you cannot see the difference between the Pacioretty hit and the Malone hit, your brain is permanently set in Habs defender mode and you need a lobotomy. Seriously, the hits are night and day.
Well, I thought one went with the other, but maybe it's just my Bruins bias kicking in.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 12:52 PM
jgatie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
Well, I thought one went with the other, but maybe it's just my Bruins bias kicking in.
Good point! And they cover up the scar with a nice tinfoil hat to keep out the Jacobs/Bettman/Campbell/Shanahan rays.

jgatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Hippie

I like patches as a player and was horrified by the hit he took from big Z, not because it was dirty or intentional IMHO, but just because it was plain scary. I am disappointed with all this crap after the fact; it is established that hits to the head are a no-no, and I feel that Pialle's hit last year, where even his own teammate agreed it was a suspendable hit, is an excellent comparable. The NHL won't get it right all of the time, but you put yourself in a position where they had to decide and they ruled against you. Now you are just making it worse and more likely they rule against you in the future.

Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Richard Murray
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Richard Murray
So is Montreal Investigating the hit Max Pax made on Letang???? No you say? Hypocrites? Yupppppp

Richard Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Turk

Perhaps he wasn't 'lying'.......maybe just stupid and lacking in introspective ability.

I'm just happy he plays for the Habs.....keeps all the crap in one pile and simplifies my life.

Turk is offline   Reply With Quote