HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Blow it again...

Old
12-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Protest the Hero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
I love what Vigneault said about the people signing na na na na in the stands with 16 minutes to go when it's 3-1 against ont of the best team in the NHL.

****ing clueless fans
When did they sing goodbye?

They did the Ole chant.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:33 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
But that's EXACTLY what i'm talking about!!! lol

There's NO PP QB...what you're mentionning there is exactly what a PP QB does...they walk the line to create shooting lanes, they freeze the goalie by making them think shot but then passing to an open teamate, they block clearout attempts, they sneak in from the point backdoor, etc...

Thansk for proving my point
Again, whose job is it to "coach"/"teach" what I posted?

Is it better to not score goals by not taking chances with movement on the PP? Or is it better to not score goals by doing the same thing we have been doing since game one?

You tell me........

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
im not so sure on that-campoli isnt so good defensivly- By the way habs got 2 goals from there young D- i dont think campoli would have made a diff tonight- i thought the d crew
did a pretty good job against a very good O- this young D excuse is phony- have to point the finger soemwhere - easy to point it at the young players-
Our Dmen have a combined 8goals. Take Weber out, it brings it down to 5. Take away tonight's game, and that brings it down to 3goals. Our Dmen are not scoring.

Tonight they had a decent game. I found that St-Denis and Gill were absolutely useless at even strength. St-Denis scored a goal on a simple wrist shot from the point, but otherwise, useless.
Campoli can chip in somewhat. So again, no matter how small, it remains an improvement.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post

They did the Ole chant.
Yeah, I don't remember the fans ever singing nanana hey hey goodbye... Just remember ole ole chants.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
With the way Martin keeps blaming the rookies, people can finally put an end to the Gomez thread. Till Martin and Gauthier are there, they'll trade Subban and Pacioretty before they send Gomez in the AHL. But more seriously, DO NOT be surprised if Eller sits some games real soon and especially when Gomez comes back.

So Spacek and Campoli in real soon. Out St-Denis and Diaz. While it will most definately be an upgrade over Fred, people might find that Diaz was not THAT bad after all. Especially the ones who think that Campoli is some kind of saviour. Same guy who had no freakin job September 24th.....
C'mon, you of all people know better than that.

Campoli got 2.5 mil/year from arbitration in late July, and Chicago decided to walk away (they have little cap rrom), leaving him without a contract one month into free agency season. At that point, it was pretty obvious that he'd have to wait for an opening on a struggling team during the season, or as was the case here, a team hit by multiple injuries and a few question marks.

Campoli's not the saviour we're still waiting for (the 5.75 Million Dollar Man), but he's a decent puck-moving d-man that should have some impact once he's in the lineup.

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:35 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Our Dmen have a combined 8goals. Take Weber out, it brings it down to 5. Take away tonight's game, and that brings it down to 3goals. Our Dmen are not scoring.

Tonight they had a decent game. I found that St-Denis and Gill were absolutely useless at even strength. St-Denis scored a goal on a simple wrist shot from the point, but otherwise, useless.
Campoli can chip in somewhat. So again, no matter how small, it remains an improvement.
I dont want to sound flippant but in order for a D Man to score, shouldnt they be inside of the blue line in support of the forwards?

Defense first!!!!!!!

Old
12-08-2011, 10:36 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

he doesnt score either what 4 goals last season- 5 the season before that and 5 the season before that- thats nothing same with spacekhe has no O either- really the 2 are not offensive Dmen anymore- give Yemelin more time on the PP- he looked decent out there for the first time ever in a reg NHL game

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:38 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
More like they barely even hit the net. I think only Desharnais actually hit Luongo.
What the ***** not even the net

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Slick Eller

Plekanec, Subban and Kostitsyn are all better choice than Cammalleri at this point in the SO.

I love the way Desharnais is playing, but he isn't a goal scorer and I didn't liked his last two try.

It was also so obvious that Pacioretty was going to shot the same way he always do.

Cammalleri effort on the shootout was just garbage, I won't say that he missed on purpose, because I can't prove it, but it kinda looked like he couldn't care less and he had something else to do real fast.

Slick Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:41 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

For a defensive coach where is the defense

Old
12-08-2011, 10:41 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Eller View Post
Plekanec, Subban and Kostitsyn are all better choice than Cammalleri at this point in the SO.

I love the way Desharnais is playing, but he isn't a goal scorer and I didn't liked his last two try.

It was also so obvious that Pacioretty was going to shot the same way he always do.

Cammalleri effort on the shootout was just garbage, I won't say that he missed on purpose, because I can't prove it, but it kinda looked like he couldn't care less and he had something else to do real fast.
cammy is definately an odd one

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:43 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
For a defensive coach where is the defense
Its a myth.

If you repeat a story enough times, it becomes legend or at least accepted as close to truth.

In all honesty, Martin's defensive system is simply code for passive defense and not attacking the puck with aggressive play.

Boston plays defensive hockey. Montreal plays passive hockey.

Old
12-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:

Gaston Therrien, is that you?

Hockey expert

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:44 PM
sheed36

Quote:

I thought Cammy missed the net on his SO chance but on the replay it looked like Lou got a piece of it.. I might be wrong though.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:46 PM
ayoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
This is why I find it funny that we require a coach who speaks French.
I don't recall a coach who spoke good French.
Carbo was the closest to speak intelligently in French.
Demers , Julien, Martin, Therrien.....all of them spoke French like morons.
What about Vigneault?

ayoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
I said it on the second page of the GDT; if we attempted to hold a lead, odds were we lost. Vancouver is a monster in the third period and once again it showed. The fact we were up 3-0 and basically trapped, despite the push back from the Canucks, speaks volumes to how horrendous boxing in an early lead is, yet Martin adores it. Just a terrible third period, OT and eventual shootout. Our powerplay as reached the point of helping the opposition, not even as a momentum killer but with the enormous odd man rushes, along with shorthanded goals we allow; most in the league now. Martin is predictable and I have to believe the only reason he still has a job is so we can drop in the standings.

Cammalleri has either given up or hurt. He is so damn invisible nowadays, you'd think he wasn't even on the ice. So many fanned attempts or bails on play. Just appalling how our supposed premium goal scorer is worthless. Then again that is the problem, Cammalleri was never a front line impact player in the season but a quiet secondary sniper who could get hot.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:58 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

Is cammy Trying to become the new Gomez

Old
12-08-2011, 10:58 PM
CHill Seeker

Quote:

They did the Ole chant.
yeah and that's why we lost

CHill Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:00 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

Some random question just pop up in my mind
Would you rather have carbo or martin was coach

Old
12-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Andy

Quote:
Martin and I'm not his biggest fan.

Carbo was awful.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Stradale

Quote:
I'd even take Perron!

Kidding.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
tough call. at least carbo showed some life behind the bench.

Martin is too busy doing his "research" in his notebook

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:14 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
in the GDT, some canucks fan were saying that the canucks always come out of the gate weak as hell but come out guns blazing in the third.

also, does anybody else see the idiocy of blaming the coach for players missing their shots in the shootout?

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:17 PM
smon

Quote:

They did the Ole chant.
Vigneault's just trying some cheap tricks to boost his team...he knows exactly what the Ole chant means after having been Montreal's coach.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:22 PM
23qwerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I thought Cammy missed the net on his SO chance but on the replay it looked like Lou got a piece of it.. I might be wrong though.
Yeah, Luongo definitely saved it.

23qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote