HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators at Blue Jackets 12/8 - Lots Of Questions

Old
12-08-2011, 09:36 PM
roseyc

vCash: 500
A great win but we didn't show up for the most part and if you think this could be a signature win I thought the same thing about the Nucks win but it didn't happen. Sk scored on the deflection but most of the game he is still silent. A friend of mine said that he has the center ice for a long time and watched when Sk was a Hab. He said he's playing now like he did when he was in Mtl. He looked bad on that Dorsett goal. Hornqvist a gritty goal where have you been. The lines are still a mess. We still need a scorer despite the win. Columbus choked this one out and we thank you. We needed this one and it's another road win. We need some home wins ...maybe it's those stinkin gold jersey maybe we should switch back...Thought!!!! Hey Trotzie what about Wilson and Smith back together. Erat and Smith have no chemistry.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 09:38 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Luckily for me, I only saw the third period

I was "busy" the rest of the time. Studying at the gf's place. Then the gym. Then dinner with the gf. And then... you know... we watched Dexter and stuff
A Dexter fan eh ....great show isn't it what do you think about the new show Homeland that is good too

Old
12-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
+1
Viqsi better enjoy this. I know this team is capable of more. Trotz's meeting had no effect. We need our veterans to step up and own this funk.
Given that I'd actually at the very last minute gotten free tickets from a friend (!!!!), I was enjoying it a lot...

...then came, as Arniel described it later, and I quote, "that s***ty makeup call", and suddenly everything comes apart, up is down, black is white, and AAAAAGH.

I still say one of those goals shouldn't have counted. I mean, c'mon, they said it was scored by Sergei Kostitsyn. That would imply that he actually shot the puck.

Oh well. Guess that means I'm stuck for the next GDT. Knew it was a possibility coming in. Still... GRARGH.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Oh, and Boullion has officially claimed my vote for the Legwand Award For Unfairly Targeted Player after Shane O'Brien's tenure last year. Because last year, I frequently found myself, during CBJ-NSH games, noticing O'Brien fails that normally drove me crazy and thinking "wait, this is against my hometown team, nevermind, thanks SOB!" And I'm starting to do the same with the Cube.

I'm sure he's not actually that bad, but he keeps drawing my notice in a bad way.

Old
12-08-2011, 10:47 PM
kivaerijo

Do you think nikitin would have a suspension coming...IF predators complained? They won't, hardly ever do. Dangerous hit from behind! MUCH worse than running a goalie!

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Worst. GWG. call. ever.

http://video.bluejackets.nhl.com/vid...BJ806&fr=false

Seriously, if there's one thing we can all unite on, it's that Jeff Rimer blew this one bad for FSOhio. You guys, upon watching it, will agree, too. That's just terrible.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Really really happy with the win, but this team still needs to be shaken up. They looked really really bad for the majority of the game.

That crap may work against an awful team like the blue jackets, ain't gonna work elsewhere.

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 12-08-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Reviled*
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Sk scored on the deflection but most of the game he is still silent.....
SK made the effort to get just past the defender and push the rebound to Fish on the first goal. No SK there, no goal.

Reviled* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Reviled*
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Really really happy with the win, but this team still needs to be shaken up. They looked really really bad for the majority of the game.

That crap may work against an awful team like the blue jackets, ain't gonna work elsewhere.
Meh. I still expect the bugs to pass us by early January, if not by new years.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveTheTeamAlready View Post
Meh. I still expect the bugs to pass us by early January, if not by new years.
I hope you're not offended when I say I certainly hope so, and I hope you trust in my sincerity when I say that I hope it doesn't come about due to Nashville's problems getting even worse.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Reviled*
Partisan

Not offended at all. I just think it'll take a bigger fall than the current crappiness to get the team/personnel to where they need to be for long term success.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:16 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
If anyone would like some entertaining reading, go read the bugs' GDT. Those fans are just about ready for suicide watch over there.
Sadly, it seems most on this board are as well.

I don't know how some of the "fans" on here would handle being a Maple Leaf fan or Oilers fan the past few years.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Good bad win. There is so much negativity in this forum. That said, I think we lose S or W unless Poile works some magic. Tyutin would be a great 2nd pairing D guy which I honestly think is the priority. Also, am I the only one who thinks Blum is not what he is expected to be? Mediocre offense, no physicality, awful positioning even relative to Hillen / Josi...

Everything said...this was the worst Preds game I have watched in 2+ years I think. The first two periods were absurdly painful.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:06 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

well, that certainly was not pretty, but 2 points now are gonna be easier than 2 points in march.

sk, I thought was terrible outside of his goal. the jackets 2nd and 3rd goal could have been prevented had he not done the stickwave at dorsett or vermette. looked like a fine matador. surprised trotz kept putting him out there.

fisher a clutch faceoff guy. the biggest faceoff in team history last season vs the ducks in game five, the one vs the caps this year (i think it was he caps) and two big ones tonight. Times like these you appreciate what he does.

hoping we get a few guys going now. erat, fisher both seem to be getting on the scoresheet regularly.eould be nice to see a few games strung together with wilson and legwand on it.

secondary scoring. we need. we don't have it. I am talking the goal every other game from the 3rd and 4th lines.

could dwell on the negatives, could pump up the positives. we will need a better effort saturday. i don't care what anaheims record is. they have come out blowing the doors off people the past few games. we do't have the offensive talent to come back on them though. hopefully we get a full 60. who am I kidding. I would just be happy for 3 10 min stretches each period right now

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:43 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this team misses Tootoo. Maybe he is more valuable than just for PR purposes. He is earning his money and positioning himself for a raise.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:02 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Given that I'd actually at the very last minute gotten free tickets from a friend (!!!!), I was enjoying it a lot...

...then came, as Arniel described it later, and I quote, "that s***ty makeup call", and suddenly everything comes apart, up is down, black is white, and AAAAAGH.

I still say one of those goals shouldn't have counted. I mean, c'mon, they said it was scored by Sergei Kostitsyn. That would imply that he actually shot the puck.

Oh well. Guess that means I'm stuck for the next GDT. Knew it was a possibility coming in. Still... GRARGH.
Hate to say it but someone from Columbus should've been in the box. Whether it was the defenseman who hit Hornqvist long after the puck left his stick, from behind and high or whether it was Pahlsson for coming to the aid of Dorsett who got rocked by Weber. Maybe it was a makeup call but the announcers said they got away with one on the goal by the crosscheck not being called and then the next minute they're crying that Pahlsson shouldn't be going to the box. Is it fair that it went down like that, no, but regardless, someone was sitting in the box for lack of discipline.

As far as your thing about goals not counting when a puck isn't shot, really? Come on, plenty of goals go in by tips all the time and that's what SK did, redirected by a tip.

The CBJ announcers could be the worst homers I've had the displeasure of listening to. Pete and Terry can sometimes get annoying, especially after 82 games, but they are probably two of the least homer announcers in broadcasting today.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:58 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I know the Preds v BJ's isn't the game of the week, but not even a mention of this game anywhere on NHL.com except in the scores on the top of the page. Lame.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Prederator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Other than the few games after the Rinne deal. We havent looked good once this year.
Other than the day he signed his deal, Rinne has looked more like a league-minimum-salary Goalie than a $7-million-per-year Goalie. C'mon Pekka, start earning your keep!

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Let's hope they got the funk out, the way I did early this morning

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:25 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveTheTeamAlready View Post
SK made the effort to get just past the defender and push the rebound to Fish on the first goal. No SK there, no goal.
Yeah ok but he went from being an impact player to a guy that won't shoot the puck and for most of the games is a non factor....He's is playing to avoid contact which playing scared. Plus it's not a penalty to hit a guy with the puck if that's possible!!

Old
12-09-2011, 09:58 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prederator View Post
Other than the day he signed his deal, Rinne has looked more like a league-minimum-salary Goalie than a $7-million-per-year Goalie. C'mon Pekka, start earning your keep!
Not true. He played great after signing his detail, until we hit the Columbus game in Nashville and the slump started.

One thing's for sure though, people have figured out that when you get 1on1 with Rinne, shoot high.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:07 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
<snip>

As far as your thing about goals not counting when a puck isn't shot, really? Come on, plenty of goals go in by tips all the time and that's what SK did, redirected by a tip.
</snip>
C'mon, you know she said that in jest. I can't believe you took it as a serious comment. It's Viqsi, after all. Good sense of humor, good hockey knowledge, she just roots for the wrong team.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:17 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
If anyone would like some entertaining reading, go read the bugs' GDT. Those fans are just about ready for suicide watch over there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Sadly, it seems most on this board are as well.

I don't know how some of the "fans" on here would handle being a Maple Leaf fan or Oilers fan the past few years.
True, true. I thought about that after I posted.

They'd handled it the same way, just much more often. I've noticed from reading the boards that most all fans react the same way - when the team's winning, everything is sunshine and lollipops; when the team's losing, everything sucks, fire everybody, we need player x,y,z now, I hate the team, etc, etc, etc.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:20 AM
sighthndlady

We got a win based on about 5 minutes of really good hockey following 57 minutes of total cr*p.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Hate to say it but someone from Columbus should've been in the box.
I am well aware. It's just that that seemed to be the turning point. (And that Arniel quote, by the way, was part of a personal turning point in which I now am wanting him fired. But that's an aside.)

Quote:
...hon, that was a joke.