HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "oh well, on to the next game" attitude

Old
12-08-2011, 01:16 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
With 54 games to play in the season I see how that happens. Right now Diaz isn't cutting it and the Habs need some stability back there. Weber needs to go back into a fourth line forward role and not a full-time defenseman. Having a defense full of kids from Hamilton isn't helping right now. Spacek and/or Campoli will help. I don't mind breaking in a young defenseman, but we have too many and it's costing the habs right now. Subban is also still learning. Despite the youth and inexperience on defense the Habs have done surprisingly well.
While the optimism is nice mate, you are dreaming at a fourth or fifth place finish. Unless a drastic turn around comes, with everyone overcoming their respective slumps. That just is not a likely scenario. Frankly, the standings as they are now, are my prediction for the Eastern Conference showing. Winnipeg making it would be a wonderful little story and Ottawa has been surprisingly good however the only team I see slipping is Washington; who would have thought two years ago they would fall that low?

I know this may be sacrilege however I hope Toronto makes it. They certainly deserve it more than we do. The rest are simply better teams currently than we are, or at least I believe they will be as the season concludes.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 01:40 AM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
if the habs put up a stinker versus a Vancouver team that flys across the country, does the excuse still fly?
Nope. They played 3 games , traveled all day and played the next. Its the only thing I can think of that could explain the entire team besides Emelin sucking so bad.

I'm probably grasping at straws, but we'll see how they do against the Canucks.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 09:09 AM
NHLFutureGuy3

I honestly feel like we are in a good spot in the standings considering how bad we've been playing. We are so close to a playoff spot and we've been playing horribly.

NHLFutureGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 12:13 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFutureGuy3 View Post
I honestly feel like we are in a good spot in the standings considering how bad we've been playing. We are so close to a playoff spot and we've been playing horribly.
That's precisely what I've been saying.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Connor McJesus
Praise

We have 13 millions doing nothing from Markov being perma-injured and Gomez being awful.

We're basically a rebuilding cap-floor team.

If you look at it this way, we're pretty competitive.

Connor McJesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Nope. They played 3 games , traveled all day and played the next. Its the only thing I can think of that could explain the entire team besides Emelin sucking so bad.

I'm probably grasping at straws, but we'll see how they do against the Canucks.
They played Saturday afternoon, travelled Sunday, had all monday and game day tuesday to prepare and came out like crap. Sorry its not an excuse.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Habs

Quote:
They played Saturday afternoon, travelled Sunday, had all monday and game day tuesday to prepare and came out like crap. Sorry its not an excuse.
Yeah well, when you complain as much as I do, you try and find something that makes sense. We just suck sometimes.

Old
12-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Yeah well, when you complain as much as I do, you try and find something that makes sense. We just suck sometimes.
I agree. i think the easiest thing that makes sense is that the team just stinks overall.

Now i will sit back and patiently wait for posters to jump on me for saying that and respond that Montreal is just un-lucky, they all suffer from Gomezitis or whatever the excuses.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:46 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Oh well, on to the next game.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Habs

Quote:
I agree. i think the easiest thing that makes sense is that the team just stinks overall.

Now i will sit back and patiently wait for posters to jump on me for saying that and respond that Montreal is just un-lucky, they all suffer from Gomezitis or whatever the excuses.
Don't get them started about Gomez, they will tell you how we would never have Cammy, Gionta or Gill without that awesome signing.

Old
12-08-2011, 11:38 PM
haburger*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFutureGuy3 View Post
lol.for gods sake .are we playing horribly?or are we an injury riddled team thats being forced to play a bunch of kids?this is getting outta control.if you know dont the game or dont like the coach or gman all you re gonna do is ***** ***** *****,,,,,,,,THEN STOP WATCHING IT.go do sumthin else.no wonder us habs fans have such a brutal reputation.

haburger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:57 AM
MontrealHDTV*

The Habs are 29th in the League in win% when scoring first. Only Carolina is worse than us. I'm sorry, but I put that on Jacques Martin. Sitting back on leads in not the teams choice, it's the coaching style. Montreal does way too much of it. The potential for offense is there. Martin is not using it to his full potential. He's playing PK over half the game at times. Bad management of ice time, terrible changes, take the most too many men on the ice penalties in the League, has no emotion behind the bench. This guy is a cancer and needs to go. He has lost his team. The players don't want to play for JM anymore. It's enough!

MontrealHDTV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:07 AM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
lol.for gods sake .are we playing horribly?or are we an injury riddled team thats being forced to play a bunch of kids?this is getting outta control.if you know dont the game or dont like the coach or gman all you re gonna do is ***** ***** *****,,,,,,,,THEN STOP WATCHING IT.go do sumthin else.no wonder us habs fans have such a brutal reputation.
just an average team even if healthy(which is an impossibilty) some of the poorer teams the last many years have improved this season which could be the death knell for HAbs making the playoffs

larek is offline   Reply With Quote