HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Glen Murray

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2005, 05:57 PM
markzab

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
Murray's still pretty good and catches to much crap on the Bruins board but he's about a mil overpaid and if I was Boston and fell out even more I'd try and move him like Scatchard taking back a bad contract at around a mil or two to get some fliexibility. Murray is a legit 30 goal scorer with me centering and is responsible defensively. If a team like the Rangers believes they have a shot and I was the GM I'd see if Boston would pick up a $2 M contract or so (Poti???) I want to dump. Boston gets out of 3 more years of the contract and the Rangers get a guy who is worth $3 M in FMV and is in great shape and could be putting up 30 each year of that contract. We have entered NBA contract deals
Find me one season before he moved to BOS and got to play on the wing of Thornton that he ever broke the 30 goal mark. Just one.

And whoever said Roenick for Murray...stick a fork in him, Roenick's done. Love him, but he's done.

Old
12-01-2005, 09:37 PM
stungun

isnt jr a ufa this summer.....

Old
12-01-2005, 10:23 PM
xpat1313x

Send a message via AIM to xpat1313x Send a message via MSN to xpat1313x Send a message via Yahoo to xpat1313x
Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab79
Find me one season before he moved to BOS and got to play on the wing of Thornton that he ever broke the 30 goal mark. Just one.

And whoever said Roenick for Murray...stick a fork in him, Roenick's done. Love him, but he's done.
His first 40 goal season in Boston he did not play with Thornton. He played on the 2nd line with Stumpel and Samsonov while Thornton centered Guerin and random rotating left wings.

Old
12-01-2005, 10:46 PM
Osprey

I'd be too afraid that, if Murray were traded back to L.A., he'd return to his former Kings form of being a sub-30-goal scorer who just doesn't try enough the majority of the time. If he were a UFA after this season, I'd gladly welcome him, anyways, but 3 more seasons after this for a tremendous amount of money is just way too much of a risk. For all of the grief that Roenick gets, at least the Kings can cut ties with him next Summer. The risk in that case was well worth it because he had only a one year left. Murray at $4M for 3 years after this one is not, IMO.

Old
12-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Yow, Murray sure is overpaid. $16M for 4 seasons is too much. And to my recollection, Thornton was paired with Murray and Knuble when Murray (as well as Knuble) posted career high numbers in 02-03.

Old
12-01-2005, 11:36 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Yow, Murray sure is overpaid. $16M for 4 seasons is too much. And to my recollection, Thornton was paired with Murray and Knuble when Murray (as well as Knuble) posted career high numbers in 02-03.
You are correct. The year prior, he was shipped to Boston with Stumpel, and combined with Samsonav, really thrived on the second line.

Old
12-02-2005, 01:55 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpat1313x
His first 40 goal season in Boston he did not play with Thornton. He played on the 2nd line with Stumpel and Samsonov while Thornton centered Guerin and random rotating left wings.
The point is...he's a blood sucker, not a donor. And now that he has nobody to feed off of, he's gonna go back to his LA days. But wait, you'll tell me he'll still be successful with Samasanov...right?

Old
12-02-2005, 02:24 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
I dont have an offer, but I wonder what Glen Murray and Brian Leetch are thinking right now...

I hope the weather is nice in LA

12-02-2005, 07:45 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
yea, cause you're so likely to get a in his prime forward for Murray and his bloated longterm contract??

Roenick might be done, but this is just a salary dump trade, sending a 4yr contract to the Kings for a 1yr one in Roenick - who's a UFA after this season, and gives the Bruins some room.

Murray, IMO, isn't worth a whole lot more... not sure what team out there is going to give up anything of value for that contract at all, especially with other options out there that are sure to be available, either near the deadline, or even as UFAs next season...

this isn't so much a suggestion to get anything of value for Murray... rather to get something that doesn't tie up payroll after this season for him.

Old
12-02-2005, 08:01 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
I would DEFINITELY do:

Murray for Lang

Murray for Roenick

even Murray for Sykora I would give serious consideration.

Would the Oilers do Murray for Peca?

Old
12-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I doubt the Kings would trade JR, as much as he hasn't been producing.

Old
12-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Kardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact
I would DEFINITELY do:

Murray for Lang

Murray for Roenick

even Murray for Sykora I would give serious consideration.

Would the Oilers do Murray for Peca?
i think the oilers would do peca for murray since peca is riding the 4th line and is doing a terrible job

Old
12-02-2005, 10:25 AM
cneely

Quote:
The point is...he's a blood sucker, not a donor. And now that he has nobody to feed off of, he's gonna go back to his LA days. But wait, you'll tell me he'll still be successful with Samasanov...right?
Murray - Zhamnov - Samsonov

Is a line that will definitely put the puck in the net.

I'm not arguing that he's not overpaid, because that's a stupid arguement, he is most definitely overpaid. But to say he will do nothing without Thornton is conjecture at this point, and he's proven otherwise.

Old
12-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Not true.

Very few people remember this. Just before the 01-02 season started. Andy Murray publicly called out Glen Murray in the LA papers. Saying he should be a 40+ goal scorer. Andy took a bunch of heat for it, Geln took serious exception to it and it did light a fire under Glen.

I do realize this is a small sample size (because he was traded) but look at the PPG
2001-02 Los-Angeles Kings NHL 9 6 5 11 (1.22 PPG)
2001-02 Boston Bruins NHL 73 35 25 60 (.82 ppg)
2002-03 Boston Bruins NHL 82 44 48 92 (1.12 PPG)
2003-04 Boston Bruins NHL 81 32 28 60 (.74 PPG)
2005-06 Boston Bruins NHL 22 12 9 21 (.95 PPG)

Old
12-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
there you go... perfect fit: Roenick straight up for Murray!

Roenick should waive his no-trade clause to go to Boston... he's a Boston kid it seems like, and has a deep love (from the sounds of his interviews) for the Patroits and RedSoxs, so I'd think he'd be interested in going to Boston.
If there is anyone I trust in hockey. It is Bob Mc Kenzie

Quote:
The CBA stipulates no-trade clauses don't travel from team to team with the contract.
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

Old
12-02-2005, 09:28 PM
expensivedirt

You know Murray wants out....
34 (?) yrs old and in a 4 yr contract... He wants to enjoy the rest of his seasons and that probably means going to a contender or at least a place he likes....

By 38 (again, do i have the age right?) he won't have much hockey left... should make every shift count.

That said... his contract is HEFTY, and he's slumping to boot...

Old
12-02-2005, 11:41 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

i figured leetch would be next to go, now that they have stuart and tanabe esp.

but 'they' dont seem to think so

Closed Thread