HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Gm #28 Kings v. Wild, 12/8/11 - Post Game LOSS, Thoughts & Tidbits

Old
12-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Bandit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
The most they scored this year was 5 against the Wild, right?
Blues, home opener.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:36 AM
bobafettish*

i better wake up to good news....
grow a pair DL

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:41 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Blues, home opener.
Thanks.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:49 AM
BadBad Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Got a feeling TM doesn't last the weekend
He's not going anywhere for a while. Maybe if they tank really bad and force his hand but he doesn't think the coach is a problem. Nor does he think our speeds a problem. I think he might be a bigger part of the problem than most people on here think. While I like a lot of what he's done building a team he just might be too in love with his own creation.

BadBad Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Dan Gilbert > Terry Murray
LOL, he did get more accomplished against an L.A. team tonight, didn't he?

The NBA is a ****ing joke. That is why I really didn't give a **** whether there was a season or not, I always had my hockey...

...but then, I am watching a Kings team that can't score if their life depended on it, so...

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBad Browns View Post
He's not going anywhere for a while. Maybe if they tank really bad and force his hand but he doesn't think the coach is a problem. Nor does he think our speeds a problem. I think he might be a bigger part of the problem than most people on here think. While I like a lot of what he's done building a team he just might be too in love with his own creation.
I really don't see it that way. I see the recent interview with DL about TM as a public "vote of confidence" which in situations like this is a pretty sure sign that a coach is on his way out if things don't turn around immediately. Not sure why else DL would seek out Rich to spread that information publicly.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:07 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
The most they scored this year was 5 against the Wild, right?
As I recall, they have had 5 goals in 4 games this year: Blues, Stars, Wild, and Ducks.

That's it. Even ****** teams have got 6 or 7 goals on some nights this year. The Kings can't score, period. And they can't connect on passes either...its very frustrating to watch this team.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:57 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Don't really want to talk about the game since it just makes me sad/angry though I'm a Kings fan so I should be used to it so I'll just ask this.

What happened to the castle they used to walk through? Is this the castle jinx??

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:28 AM
ru4reals

I'm not a big fan of Murray's but who's gonna be the next coach? I've said it before but I don't think a new coach is gonna make a difference. And if we do get a new coach please no retreds. We need a fresh guy in my opinion. So ride out Murray and then can him at the end. Are we close to the fail Nail campagne?

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:34 AM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
I'm not a big fan of Murray's but who's gonna be the next coach? I've said it before but I don't think a new coach is gonna make a difference. And if we do get a new coach please no retreds. We need a fresh guy in my opinion. So ride out Murray and then can him at the end. Are we close to the fail Nail campagne?
As I said earlier, Steve Martinson is in ECHL Chicago right now -- probably just a phone call away...

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:56 AM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan17 View Post
I'm going to start taking collections for a billboard on Lombardi's drive to work that says "Dean, please fire Murray. Sincerely, Kings fans." It could work. Stranger things have happened.
How much is this gonna cost us? lol

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:07 AM
unhinged97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Terrys stupid smug face should be photoshopped on all the players.
Will this do?

unhinged97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:33 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Been a while since I've dusted this one off...

Bob sounded so tired when they scored 20 seconds in.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 05:13 AM
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan

****ing **** !

butteryslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:06 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:45 AM
Capn Brown

LoL!

Doughty for Giroux, Simmonds, & Couturier???

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:05 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
A couple more losses and we'll be fine (If Dean remembers he's got balls)

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by unhinged97 View Post
Will this do?

Priceless

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Kings are now 19th in shots for per game and 30th in total offense and 5-on-5 offense.

Guess we know why the "shot mentality" mantra has been replaced by the "attitude" excuse. Kings are shooting more and scoring less.

Kings are now 22nd in 5-on-5 differential.

To get to 97 points, the Kings need 67 points in their next 54 games or something like 33-19-1. The Los Angeles Kings are quickly approaching the point of no return on the season.

MURRAY: “At the end of the day, if you’re going to live up to the expectations and be a good hockey club, you as an individual, you as a hockey player, when you’re sitting in there, that’s where your responsibility is. You have to make that decision. It’s an attitude that pushes you up to the next level. "

Translation: It's not my fault.

Last edited by Sydor25: 12-09-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:31 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Fire Tailspin Terry, give big ole Dumbo Deano the door also.

Quick questions for the koolaid drinkers. Its year 5 or 6 into Deans charts and bar graphs, how do you feel???
Like it's a waste of time to try and explain it to folks like you again, so I won't bother.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:43 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Fire all coaches and put Hextall and Robitaille behind the bench for next game. Goals and fights galore
Done. We'll lose 8-5, but man would that be an entertaining game for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
I'm not sure how that goof Bernstein could say that TM's job is safe. When you lose like this and you have expectations to win the cup, you got to start wondering whether or not heads are going to roll.
Who is Bernstein?

Quote:
Would love to know the exact words used, but this from the mayor:

Something different? As in stop listening to the coach? Would love to know what Jack means by that.
Not stop listening to the coach, but I could see that implying a belief this system doesn't work. Even the players likely are thinking it, we are 28 games into the season and we've scored three goals or more what, 7 times? And it's getting worse, now 12 goals in the last seven games. I'm sure even the players are starting to lose faith this system will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
I really don't see it that way. I see the recent interview with DL about TM as a public "vote of confidence" which in situations like this is a pretty sure sign that a coach is on his way out if things don't turn around immediately. Not sure why else DL would seek out Rich to spread that information publicly.
Bingo. Agreed. It's like the mafia kiss of death. Give us what you owe TM or find a horsehead in your bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
There are plenty of guys. The real question is who is available now, and who is available after the season. In either case you don't ride out TM for the rest of the season. Even if all you do is fire TM and replace him with Stevens or Morris from Manchester for the rest of the year. They might bring more of the same I agree, but it sends a message to the players and also leaves Stevens/Morris knowing if they don't do something impressive this season, they are gone in favor of a different coach in the off-season.

We won't win and we won't be exciting under TM, so why tell the fans that you don't care about them and refuse to change an obviously flawed team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post
As I said earlier, Steve Martinson is in ECHL Chicago right now -- probably just a phone call away...
I don't think an ECHL coach has ever jumped directly to the NHL. The fact he has never even tried the AHL in 15 years as a coach says something to me as well that we don't want him.

Quote:
Kings are now 19th in shots for per game and 30th in total offense and 5-on-5 offense.

Guess we know why the "shot mentality" mantra has been replaced by the "attitude" excuse. Kings are shooting more and scoring less.

To get to 97 points, the Kings need 67 points in their next 54 games or something like 33-19-1. The Los Angeles Kings are quickly approaching the point of no return on the season.
We can do that. Just not the way TM has this team playing right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Dean Lombardi does have the balls to fire Murray, I just truly believe Dean doesn't think it's a coaching issue.

In his mind the players are not doing what is asked of them. Now you can't fire a roster, so the players at some point are going to force his hand. But I bet he ships out some players as well.

It's up to Dean at this point.

And with that I am done talking about this. It's been beat to death on this board. What is there left to say really?

Nothing is going to change unless Dean Lombardi decides it needs too.
I agree, though I do think DL thinks it is a coaching issue. I think if he thought it was a player issue, at least a small message would have been sent by now. A Hunter/Richardson/Lewis/Moreau would have been waived/dealt by now just to send a message.

I think the real issue is that no one DL has wanted as a coach is out there to replace TM. Maybe he's waiting on a shoe to fall someplace else, like the Ducks and Boudreau?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:47 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post

TM and Dustin Penner for the first 50 games he was here?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:

MURRAY: ďAt the end of the day, if youíre going to live up to the expectations and be a good hockey club, you as an individual, you as a hockey player, when youíre sitting in there, thatís where your responsibility is. You have to make that decision. Itís an attitude that pushes you up to the next level. "

That's a pretty daunting number. They're going to have to play their best hockey for the rest of the season, so even if they make they playoffs, the likelihood of them having anything left in the tank is probably going to be pretty low.

I've been a pretty big Lombardi supporter, but I don't see how he can sit there and do absolutely nothing about this. That's great he's talking the talk, but the Kings are just digging themselves a deeper hole to climb out of with every game that passes by.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:05 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
I see this in your future........

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote