HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs at WJC (Gallagher, Bournival & Beaulieu CAN, Tinordi USA, Pribyl CZE)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2011, 02:22 PM
  #51
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,470
vCash: 500
Read that Sweden will announce their roster on Tuesday. Doesn't sound like Westin will get the call though.

montreal is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 03:29 PM
  #52
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
Could be 6 prospects at the WJC in total:
Beaulieu, Gallagher, Bournival, Tinordi, Pribyl and maybe John Westin.

What was the most ever Habs prospects at the WJC?
I recall Plekanec Higgins and Perezhogin as Habs prospects in 2002.

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 03:32 PM
  #53
De Montreal
help
 
De Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I recall Plekanec Higgins and Perezhogin as Habs prospects in 2002.
Latendresse, Chipchura and Price in 2005?

De Montreal is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 03:54 PM
  #54
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Latendresse, Chipchura and Price in 2005?
Indeed,it was a great time to watch that tournament, 3 Habs prospects representing team Canada, both Price and Chipchura played a major role while Tender wasnt a Suter favorite.. I still cant believe Chipchura has had a so hard time bringing his game at the other level.. His skating was certainly not an issue in this tournament..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 03:56 PM
  #55
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Indeed,it was a great time to watch that tournament, 3 Habs prospects representing team Canada, both Price and Chipchura played a major role while Tender wasnt a Suter favorite.. I still cant believe Chipchura has had a so hard time bringing his game at the other level.. His skating was certainly not an issue in this tournament..
Didn't he only get hurt after the tournament?

overlords is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 03:58 PM
  #56
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 10,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Didn't he only get hurt after the tournament?
I thought his injury was before his draft...

ThaDevilGirl is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 04:13 PM
  #57
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Latendresse, Chipchura and Price in 2005?
Price wasn't on that team. Lats and Chipper were on the '06 team Pyatt (not ours I know just pointing it out in case someone happens to think I thought Pyatt was drafted by us)

http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournament...CAN_33_8_0.pdf

Price was on the '07 team as was Pyatt.

http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournament...AN_32E_1_0.pdf


Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Didn't he only get hurt after the tournament?
Chipchura got hurt before the '05 team and played on the '06 team.

montreal is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 04:34 PM
  #58
De Montreal
help
 
De Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Price wasn't on that team. Lats and Chipper were on the '06 team Pyatt (not ours I know just pointing it out in case someone happens to think I thought Pyatt was drafted by us)

http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournament...CAN_33_8_0.pdf

Price was on the '07 team as was Pyatt.

http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournament...AN_32E_1_0.pdf




Chipchura got hurt before the '05 team and played on the '06 team.

Who else on our roster played in that tournament? On top of my head Plekanec, Cammalleri, Price, Subban, Weber.

Probably Nokelainen, too. I don't think Belarus and Denmark ever took place in that tournament, so no AK or Eller I guess.

De Montreal is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 04:44 PM
  #59
lamp9post
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Who else on our roster played in that tournament? On top of my head Plekanec, Cammalleri, Price, Subban, Weber.

Probably Nokelainen, too. I don't think Belarus and Denmark ever took place in that tournament, so no AK or Eller I guess.
Kostitsyn has played in 5 world juniors, from 2001-2005. I remember Pierre Maguire praising him in 2005, saying "Get excited, Montreal fans!"


Last edited by lamp9post: 11-30-2011 at 04:50 PM.
lamp9post is offline  
Old
12-01-2011, 08:40 AM
  #60
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Who else on our roster played in that tournament? On top of my head Plekanec, Cammalleri, Price, Subban, Weber.

Probably Nokelainen, too. I don't think Belarus and Denmark ever took place in that tournament, so no AK or Eller I guess.
2001- Pleks, Cammy, Budaj, Kostitsyn
2002- Pleks, Cammy, Budaj, Kostitsyn
2003- Kostitsyn
2004- Gorges, Kostitsyn (div 1B), Nokelainen
2005- Diaz, Emelin, Kostitsyn, Nokelainen
2006- Blunden, Diaz, Emelin, Weber, Mitera, Rämö
2007- Price, Eller (div 1B), Weber
2008- Eller, Pacioretty, Subban, Weber, Mayer
2009- Eller (div 1B), Palushaj, Subban, Berger (div 1B), Nättinen, Kristo
2010- Nättinen, Kristo, Trunev
2011- Leblanc, Nättinen

montreal is offline  
Old
12-05-2011, 04:04 AM
  #61
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,811
vCash: 500
John Westin didn't make it.


__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now  
Old
12-05-2011, 06:28 AM
  #62
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Kostitsyn has played in 5 world juniors, from 2001-2005. I remember Pierre Maguire praising him in 2005, saying "Get excited, Montreal fans!"
Now McGuire consistently trashes the habs for picking Andrei over Carter, Richards etc. go figure.

Andy is online now  
Old
12-05-2011, 06:50 AM
  #63
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Now McGuire consistently trashes the habs for picking Andrei over Carter, Richards etc. go figure.
He does?

habsjunkie2* is offline  
Old
12-05-2011, 06:54 AM
  #64
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
He does?
Yup said it repeatedly during habs games last year

"hey Gord, can you believe the habs picked Kostitsyn over Richards, Carter and Parise, man oh man."

trashes is a stong word, but he does the above all the time.

That is the major reason why I hate McGure. He always flipflops on his opinions of players, strategies and coaches.

I'll never forget the blues game when he praised Martin at the beginning of the game for benching Laraque citing that he was useless. Then the very next day on the radio, he went nuts and called Martin an idiot for not playing Laraque because Jassen ran over Price on the half wall.


Last edited by Andy: 12-05-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Andy is online now  
Old
12-05-2011, 07:00 AM
  #65
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,844
vCash: 500
McGwire is an idiot, he loves hearing the sound of his voice and will say anything to get attention.

I would seriously cheer for another team if he became GM.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
12-05-2011, 07:07 AM
  #66
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,844
vCash: 500
It would be great if Beaulieu, Bournival and Gallagher all made it. I think Tinordi has a 70-80% chance of making USA, though defense is deep for them. Add in Prybil and we could have as many as 5.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
12-05-2011, 07:13 AM
  #67
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
McGwire is an idiot, he loves hearing the sound of his voice and will say anything to get attention.

I would seriously cheer for another team if he became GM.
lol. These posts are funny. I'm sorry, but what?

habsjunkie2* is offline  
Old
12-05-2011, 07:14 AM
  #68
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
McGwire is an idiot, he loves hearing the sound of his voice and will say anything to get attention.

I would seriously cheer for another team if he became GM.
I hate Mcguire as much as you do and would hate to see him as GM, but I wouldn't go that far. I'd give him his time to prove what he can do.

Andy is online now  
Old
12-05-2011, 10:48 AM
  #69
walsy37
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 800
vCash: 500
Well Yahoo sports has Tinordi as a "lock" for what that's worth.

walsy37 is offline  
Old
12-05-2011, 03:40 PM
  #70
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go
 
canadiensnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
Even better NHL.com: Kimelman says this about Tinordi

Jarred Tinordi, London (OHL)
Kimelman says: He won't be an offensive threat, but he will provide the team with plenty of size and toughness. He'll likely anchor the top U.S. shutdown defense pair and will be in the running to be team captain.


Puts a smile on my face.

canadiensnation is online now  
Old
12-05-2011, 04:59 PM
  #71
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,470
vCash: 500
As expected today, Tinordi has been named to the selection camp for Team USA.

here's the D invited, Clendening, Faulk, Forbort, Gravel, Merrill, Tinordi, Trouba, Johns, Jones, Levi

montreal is offline  
Old
12-05-2011, 05:08 PM
  #72
De Montreal
help
 
De Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
2001- Pleks, Cammy, Budaj, Kostitsyn
2002- Pleks, Cammy, Budaj, Kostitsyn
2003- Kostitsyn
2004- Gorges, Kostitsyn (div 1B), Nokelainen
2005- Diaz, Emelin, Kostitsyn, Nokelainen
2006- Blunden, Diaz, Emelin, Weber, Mitera, Rämö
2007- Price, Eller (div 1B), Weber
2008- Eller, Pacioretty, Subban, Weber, Mayer
2009- Eller (div 1B), Palushaj, Subban, Berger (div 1B), Nättinen, Kristo
2010- Nättinen, Kristo, Trunev
2011- Leblanc, Nättinen
thanks you very much

De Montreal is offline  
Old
12-09-2011, 05:44 AM
  #73
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,195
vCash: 500
Just learned about Connolly and Smith-Pelley...geez....I'd go as far as to think that we might be really dissapointed by the representation of Habs for Canada. At one point, Bournival might have a better chance now than Gallagher.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
12-09-2011, 05:55 AM
  #74
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just learned about Connolly and Smith-Pelley...geez....I'd go as far as to think that we might be really dissapointed by the representation of Habs for Canada. At one point, Bournival might have a better chance now than Gallagher.
It all depends of where will Hay want to use DSP and Connolly. Connolly will be on the top line, but will DSP be used as a checker on in an offensive role? If he's used as a checker, it deteriorates Gallagher's chances indeed, since both are RW. But if they plan to use him offensively, he'll take the spot of Mark Stone most likely.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
12-09-2011, 07:14 AM
  #75
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just learned about Connolly and Smith-Pelley...geez....I'd go as far as to think that we might be really dissapointed by the representation of Habs for Canada. At one point, Bournival might have a better chance now than Gallagher.
I think Bournival is pretty much a lock...at least at close as a non-returnee and non-top 5 NHL pick can be. He can play center or wing and in different roles(offensive, defensive, PP, PK faceoffs etc) and they love his presence in the room.

With those guys going(mostly Connolly) Gallagher may go from a lock to 85-90% chance, but with Hay being his coach he should still make it unless he ***** the bed in camp. I think DSP will probably be more of a 3rd line energy guy.

Monctonscout is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.