HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Blow it again...

Old
12-09-2011, 04:39 AM
timorousme
luongod

vCash: 500
yeah you guys are easily my second fav team and i'm currently playing the first year of an nhl 12 dynasty as the habs where i'm in first in the east. scott gomez has 63 points after 73 games, i almost had to return the game.

anyway, good luck guys there's a reason so many bc boys move to montreal.

timorousme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:45 AM
The Right Price

Looking at the standings and how close everyone is around the 6-10th mark I think the requirement to reach the playoffs will not be the speculated 95-96 pts but rather 88-91 pts, 6-9 over .500, since the level of play between the non-playoff teams and the playoff teams is pretty non-existent this year (points will be taken away from each other), unlike last year when there was only competition for the 8th spot basically.

This season is not over yet as long as we are .500 till Markov comes back. We need Markov so badly, to change things around. Our PP has lost us atleast 4 games this season. Markov will hopefully give everyone a confidence boost, lets Subban play his game, takes pressure of from Gorges and other D-men, hopefully gets the PP going.

3 weeks away now hopefully..

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 05:12 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by timorousme View Post
yeah you guys are easily my second fav team and i'm currently playing the first year of an nhl 12 dynasty as the habs where i'm in first in the east. scott gomez has 63 points after 73 games, i almost had to return the game.

anyway, good luck guys there's a reason so many bc boys move to montreal.
Well for a million $ you can have way better than a bungalow here, lol ! I think house price is like 1/4 of the price in BC.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 05:21 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

The only bright thing about this loss is Vancouver is my second favourite team, so a 3-point game was what I was hoping for. I just wish it had of been the other way around.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 05:23 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
No goals?

Man I want to see Cole in a shootout
As do I. Wouldn't be opposed to Cole-Kostitsyn-Subban to be honest.

Most may not like P.K. there but he was good at them before the NHL and whenever he has had a shot here, he seems to get robbed with some solid saves. At least they can hit the net or actually try something creative and be unpredictable.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 05:44 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Oh well, still .500 ...
Not really, in the end they only have 11 wins in 29 games and are in last place in the division. The season is far from over but with the way Martin runs things I worry it might be sooner rather then later.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:23 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
I feel sorry for Price.
Yet again, really the only one doing anything out there.

If he didnt want to resign, I wouldnt be surprised.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:43 AM
SeriousHabs

Fire the fans!

Players don't score in SO? Blame the coach. Players don't hit the net in SO? Blame the coach. Coach sends different players in SO with same result? Blame the coach. Carey Price tries to make a breakaway save on his belly? Blame the coach.

Players can't control the puck during the 4v4 OT because their miniscule reach allows the opposition to freely pass and skate around? Blame the coach! Coach has to use Gorges on the 1st PP because frankly he doesn't have anyone else to use? Blame the coach.

For once, it would be a pretty good idea to look at the players and the GM! Yes, both are harder to change, but at least they have something to do with the losses. Does Martin get outcoached when Vigneault sends the Sedin line with Edler and the Habs end up not touching the puck? Find me one 5 man unit that the Habs can come up with to counter that. Yeah, we can't.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Davebo
beep beep

/fixed

Last edited by Davebo: 12-09-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:15 AM
AraGOHABSGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Fire the fans!

Players don't score in SO? Blame the coach. Players don't hit the net in SO? Blame the coach. Coach sends different players in SO with same result? Blame the coach. Carey Price tries to make a breakaway save on his belly? Blame the coach.

Players can't control the puck during the 4v4 OT because their miniscule reach allows the opposition to freely pass and skate around? Blame the coach! Coach has to use Gorges on the 1st PP because frankly he doesn't have anyone else to use? Blame the coach.

For once, it would be a pretty good idea to look at the players and the GM! Yes, both are harder to change, but at least they have something to do with the losses. Does Martin get outcoached when Vigneault sends the Sedin line with Edler and the Habs end up not touching the puck? Find me one 5 man unit that the Habs can come up with to counter that. Yeah, we can't.
AK gets benched after having a great game? Blame the fans. Cammy still playing when he is doing sh**? Blame the fans. Habs can't keep a 3-0 lead while playing a defensif style of play of Martin? Blame the fans. Cammy and Desharnais dont score on SO but they still on there? Blame the fans. Martin can't motivate his player? Blame the fans. Habs have in their line up, potentiel 4-6 guys to reach 30 goals, yet we play a defensif style? Blame the fans.

AraGOHABSGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
Looking at the standings and how close everyone is around the 6-10th mark I think the requirement to reach the playoffs will not be the speculated 95-96 pts but rather 88-91 pts, 6-9 over .500, since the level of play between the non-playoff teams and the playoff teams is pretty non-existent this year (points will be taken away from each other), unlike last year when there was only competition for the 8th spot basically.

This season is not over yet as long as we are .500 till Markov comes back. We need Markov so badly, to change things around. Our PP has lost us atleast 4 games this season. Markov will hopefully give everyone a confidence boost, lets Subban play his game, takes pressure of from Gorges and other D-men, hopefully gets the PP going.

3 weeks away now hopefully..
We DEFINITELY miss Markov, especially on the PP...but we could definitely use Campoli and Spacek since part of the problem blowing leads is the team sits back not wanting to take chances once they take a lead, protecting the young d-men. I think adding those 2 and taking out St.Denis and Diaz should stabilize things back there and cut back on the ridiculous minutes PK and Gorges are forced to play. I think both Campoli and Spacek could help the PP by giving us a more veteran presence back there...Campoli-Subban then Spacek-Emelin/Weber.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I feel sorry for Price.
Yet again, really the only one doing anything out there.

If he didnt want to resign, I wouldnt be surprised.
I heard he is retiring after this year.

Somebody else must have done something, the game was 3-0 about 25 minutes in.

I love generalities like "I feel sorry for Price.
Yet again, really the only one doing anything out there".

If you want to throw blame, CP didn't look great on the tieing goal which he went down eraly on and the Hodgson shootout attempt. You make it sound like everybody else sucked and he was great.

Old
12-09-2011, 07:31 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Cammy is responsible for the first Vancouver goal, did you see how he back checked ? Unreal. He want's Martin gone, and is playing like it's so.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:34 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I heard he is retiring after this year.

Somebody else must have done something, the game was 3-0 about 25 minutes in.

I love generalities like "I feel sorry for Price.
Yet again, really the only one doing anything out there".

If you want to throw blame, CP didn't look great on the tieing goal which he went down eraly on and the Hodgson shootout attempt. You make it sound like everybody else sucked and he was great.
Well to be honest, Price is the only reason we're in these games to begin with...Ya, he's been pretty crappy in shoot-outs, but again, he's the only reason we've been getting there.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:43 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Fire the fans!

Using Darche on the PP and giving often more then 10min a game? Make excuses for the coach. Refuse at first to use Cole on the PP and say Darche is better and make fun of journalist who asked why Cole is not being used? Make excuses for the coach. Have a fast skilled team but don't use them effectively in a style that would be better? Make excuses for the coach.

I like this game of yours.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Cammy is responsible for the first Vancouver goal, did you see how he back checked ? Unreal. He want's Martin gone, and is playing like it's so.
True but Emelin which I don't want to point fingers at cause he has played great of late was the last player back checking which doesn't make sense him being a defenceman

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:51 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
True but Emelin which I don't want to point fingers at cause he has played great of late was the last player back checking which doesn't make sense him being a defenceman
He attacked the net expecting a pass and was held in front of the net. It was Cammys job to cover for him. Take a look at the replay.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Well to be honest, Price is the only reason we're in these games to begin with...Ya, he's been pretty crappy in shoot-outs, but again, he's the only reason we've been getting there.
I would say the 3 goals scored were a pretty good factor too.

I think it would have been a win if he had shut the door in the 3rd, I still wonder what happened on the fluttering shot by Salo? Did he misplay it? Not see it?

Old
12-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Using Darche on the PP and giving often more then 10min a game? Make excuses for the coach. Refuse at first to use Cole on the PP and say Darche is better and make fun of journalist who asked why Cole is not being used? Make excuses for the coach. Have a fast skilled team but don't use them effectively in a style that would be better? Make excuses for the coach.

I like this game of yours.
What do you want him to do? Play Cole Pacioretty Pleks Desharnais Cammy and Gio 30 minutes a game?

We have had 2-3 forwards out pretty much every night so Darche has to play, even with the in juries he isn't getting extra minutes, Moen is. I'm sure if all the forwards were healthy Dache would have missed a few games since the start of the season.

Games missed by forwards

Cammy-5
Gomez-16
white-29
AK-10
Pacioretty-3
Eller-2

65 man games lost, 62 to injury

Old
12-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I would say the 3 goals scored were a pretty good factor too.

I think it would have been a win if he had shut the door in the 3rd, I still wonder what happened on the fluttering shot by Salo? Did he misplay it? Not see it?
Probably a combination of seeing it at the last minute and not being shot as hard as expected...

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:16 AM
crakced

This season has been brutal to watch. You could just tell after Vancouver got that first one that this game wasn't over. We seem to struggle so much when we are being pressured and trying to hold a lead with making a decent breakout pass. Seems all we can do is bank it off the boards to center ice, and then start defending again. That OT was pathetic, did we even touch the puck for the first 4 mins?

Unfortunately I don't see any quick fixes. Maybe when Spacek and Campoli get back we will be a bit more solid defensively, but we have very little offence right now and we are still way to small up front. I bet we turn the puck over easier than any other team in the league. We have almost no cylce game except the odd shift by our 3rd and 4th lines.

Can we make the playoffs this year? Sure. But wake me up in January as until then I think we continue to struggle.

crakced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
He attacked the net expecting a pass and was held in front of the net. It was Cammys job to cover for him. Take a look at the replay.
TBH I'd blame Diaz for the shortie more than anyone else.

2-on-2 situation with Pacioretty making a nice backcheck. Diaz simply can't leave that much of a gap between between the player he's supposed to be covering which gave Raymond the time and space to create his own scoring chance.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:23 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

That four on four play was just plain embarrassing to watch. Geez........roll the dice and try 3 forwards and one d-man. Pleks understands D play. Gill out there just makes me cringe to no end. That's humiliating, embarrassing and frustrating.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
That four on four play was just plain embarrassing to watch. Geez........roll the dice and try 3 forwards and one d-man. Pleks understands D play. Gill out there just makes me cringe to no end. That's humiliating, embarrassing and frustrating.
Besides the Pacioretty chance in OT, the Canucks controlled the play the hole OT and it was like watching a pro team passing the puck around against pee wees. Really sad to watch indeed

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:34 AM
HCH

I listened to a bit of the press conference after the game. Martin's answers seemed to have nothing to do with the questions asked. One reporter asked him if they discussed and practiced shoot outs. For a moment, that question seemed to stump Martin and he gave some long winded answer about skilled players. He could have just said "no, we don't" because that was obviously the answer.

Every answer was made in the same manner.

I don't think the team has quit on him. I think they want to win but they are getting no direction. They aren't sure whether to forecheck or hang back, they don't know whether to dump the puck in or carry it, they don't know if they should blast it from the point on the PP or make a cross ice pass. In other words, they look lost out there.

No one is quite sure what is expected of them nor are they quite sure if what they are doing is right. A bad play puts you on the bench which is okay if the coach explains to you at that moment what you should have done. Instead, we see Martin there with a blank look on his face and a player wondering what just happened. The opportunity to teach has passed.

We are seeing a team in regression. True we are missing players but those who remain do not look like a cohesive unit. With the tools and freedom Gainey was given, this hockey team should have been miles ahead of where it is today. It has been one bad decision after another and saddling us the Jacques Martin may be one of the biggest.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote