HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We need more booing

Old
12-09-2011, 08:28 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

vCash: 500
We need more booing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZX3N1VA0ng

i had to take matters into my own hands as I felt there were far too many Pens fans getting away with not being booed.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
"Mustache YEAH!

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50

Girl in the blue jersey got so mad

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:43 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

Haha, im glad my friend decided it would be a good idea to film these exploits lol

Old
12-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

I don't know who needs a life more... you, for doing it... or me, for spending over 12 minutes watching it?

... There sure were a lot of Pens fans there for a midweek game.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 12-09-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:58 AM
jagrgodr

oh man, i hate hate hate drunken jerks at sporting arenas.. It's so funny to me to see people hating on someone because of a piece of cloth they are wearing or because they are rooting for a different team. This is elementary stuff. Very similar to racism, or hating on someone because of their religion. People pay big money to watch their favorite team play and some people like to abuse others verbally. Be a man.

/end rant towards angry home fans in general.

edit: watched a little more of the video.. wow you are super cool! Love making fun of people huh? Thank god i don't live in or near philly

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:01 AM
s3x

This is great. I watched it all and loved every minute.

This >> We need more booing.

s3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:03 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

What else am I going to do during intermission? It makes the game more enjoyable, and yes I do it on the road too. Its all in good fun, I am not violent and in the hundreds of games I have been to have never been in a physical altercation.

I am not drunk actually, I don't drink beer which would make it tough for me to get drunk at a game. Please don't bring race or religion into this, this is just being a fan / heckler, its fun, if you can't take being booed then don't wear the jersey of the opposing team or just quit being a crybaby.

Maybe tomorrow I will just watch the zambonis drive during intermission.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:09 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

Sorry for being passionate jagrgodr, I won't cheer when we score either because it seems as though you are a buzz killington. Hopefully I see you at a game in whatever area you are from so I can boo you :p

Old
12-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
oh man, i hate hate hate drunken jerks at sporting arenas.. It's so funny to me to see people hating on someone because of a piece of cloth they are wearing or because they are rooting for a different team. This is elementary stuff. Very similar to racism, or hating on someone because of their religion. People pay big money to watch their favorite team play and some people like to abuse others verbally. Be a man.

edit: watched a little more of the video.. wow you are super cool! Love making fun of people huh? Thank god i don't live in or near philly
In general I don't like to harass fans, and I admire fans that travel and wear their colors proudly... I travel and wear my colors and I get treated well because I'm respectful -- even though I loudly root and chant and cheer -- and I treat my hosts relatively well.

That said, it's due to the over the top manner this was done that makes it okay, and quite funny... Almost all Pens fans took it in stride and with good humor, and many with smiles... IMO, it is the more subtle yet nasty remarks by some fans that I hate. I do not like to ride any one or small group of opposing fans... as long as it is all in fun it is fine, and people should expect it when the don their colors and enter the enemy territory.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:20 AM
MrHockey1982

Quote:

Your little edit there at the end is really dumb. In Philly, we make the arena an unpleasant place (all in good fun) for visiting players and fans alike. This actually happens in most cities and is called home-field advantage. How about you be a man and take verbal harassment? It's not that difficult as I've done it many times on the road and I've come to expect it. Any kind of physical harassment is where it should stop. Verbal harassment is open game. Do you not think this happens in Pittsburgh? This is the most intense rivalry in the NHL today IMO. Don't say stupid stuff like you're glad you don't live in Philly. If you want to say that, then GTFO and don't be a fan of my team simply because Jagr is on it.

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:21 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
In general I don't like to harass fans, and I admire fans that travel and wear their colors proudly... I travel and wear my colors and I get treated well because I'm respectful -- even though I loudly root and chant and cheer -- and I treat my hosts relatively well.

That said, it's due to the over the top manner this was done that makes it okay, and quite funny... Almost all Pens fans took it in stride and with good humor, and many with smiles... IMO, it is the more subtle yet nasty remarks by some fans that I hate. I do not like to ride any one or small group of opposing fans... as long as it is all in fun it is fine, and people should expect it when the don their colors and enter the enemy territory.
To each their own, you understand my point. Like I said I travel I am 12-1-1 on the road in my life time and I always wear my teams colors and do exactly what I was doing in this video to fans in their own stadiums, its fun and I like to enjoy myself if I am going to spend all of my hard earned money seeing every flyers game possible. I am pretty hardcore lol, I just got back from Anaheim and Phoenix, I was in Carolina this year and Jersey and Ill be in Edmonton, Calgary, Pittsburgh, Boston, NYR, NYI, Washington and NJ at some point this year to boo more fans and I will do so with a smile. I would actually prefer the fans retaliate, but most won't. Notice that the little kid was one of the few who actually said anything back, that kid was the man.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:24 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
Your little edit there at the end is really dumb. In Philly, we make the arena an unpleasant place (all in good fun) for visiting players and fans alike. This actually happens in most cities and is called home-field advantage. How about you be a man and take verbal harassment? It's not that difficult as I've done it many times on the road and I've come to expect it. Any kind of physical harassment is where it should stop. Verbal harassment is open game. Do you not think this happens in Pittsburgh? This is the most intense rivalry in the NHL today IMO. Don't say stupid stuff like you're glad you don't live in Philly. If you want to say that, then GTFO and don't be a fan of my team simply because Jagr is on it.
Well put sir, well put. MSG, Rangers fans have threatened me with violence lol, I have never threatened to throw someone off of a balcony in Philly haha.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:24 AM
jagrgodr

I'm really not trying to be a party pooper or anything, this is just a thing i really hate about sports. Please don't take offense to me calling anyone drunken idiots, just ranting. I have been to games wearing out of town jersey and i can handle the insults, but my drunken brother on the other hand looks for moments like this and would want to start fights. In fact, he got into a fight in the third period of a game with another fan because my bro was cheering for the away team (it was partiality my bro's fault, but i honestly don't remember much because i was close to blacking out, lol.) I am just a very anti-violent person :-D Carry on

Old
12-09-2011, 09:35 AM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
I'm really not trying to be a party pooper or anything, this is just a thing i really hate about sports. Please don't take offense to me calling anyone drunken idiots, just ranting. I have been to games wearing out of town jersey and i can handle the insults, but my drunken brother on the other hand looks for moments like this and would want to start fights. In fact, he got into a fight in the third period of a game with another fan because my bro was cheering for the away team (it was partiality my bro's fault, but i honestly don't remember much because i was close to blacking out, lol.) I am just a very anti-violent person :-D Carry on

The part about you being happy you don't live in or near Philly was the most offensive part. We've accepted you into our fan base knowing that you are only a fan of Jagr and then you bash the city! Seriously man, think before you post. I have to hear that crap all the time because I live near NYC and it drives me nuts. But I expect it from fans in NYC.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:44 AM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
Well put sir, well put. MSG, Rangers fans have threatened me with violence lol, I have never threatened to throw someone off of a balcony in Philly haha.

This video is hilarious and all in good fun. I'm wondering if Jagrgodr actually watched it? Everyone you booed was smiling. You made no one feel threatened or anything.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:49 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
This video is hilarious and all in good fun. I'm wondering if Jagrgodr actually watched it? Everyone you booed was smiling. You made no one feel threatened or anything.
Thanks, I am waiting for the to end up on puck daddy about how we are horrible fans.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:53 AM
jagrgodr

Quote:
The part about you being happy you don't live in or near Philly was the most offensive part. We've accepted you into our fan base knowing that you are only a fan of Jagr and then you bash the city! Seriously man, think before you post. I have to hear that crap all the time because I live near NYC and it drives me nuts. But I expect it from fans in NYC.
To clarify about that comment, i am a giant baby. I probably couldn't handle the toughness that is Philly. I am a nice southern boy :-D. I just don't like seeing people insulted by strangers, i personally think it's a very dangerous thing to do because you don't know who you are messing with. The person you are messing with could be bat **** crazy and is just waiting for someone to insult them or provoke them.

I know, this is crazy, i am a huge baby like i said. Blame my mother and Howard Stern. If you still listen to Stern on Sirius, he would have my point of view, which 90% of people don't. Anyways i knew i was going to get **** for that, i just wanted to share my opinion because this is one of my pet peeves.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:55 AM
DayoftheGreek

Quote:
oh man, i hate hate hate drunken jerks at sporting arenas.. It's so funny to me to see people hating on someone because of a piece of cloth they are wearing or because they are rooting for a different team. This is elementary stuff. Very similar to racism, or hating on someone because of their religion.
Racism is the same as yelling "Booooo" at fans. You heard it hear first folks.

What are you, a 90 year old lady? When is the last time you left your house? I've seen worse than this is a supermarket.

DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:55 AM
jagrgodr

Quote:
To clarify about that comment, i am a giant baby. I probably couldn't handle the toughness that is Philly. I am a nice southern boy :-D. I just don't like seeing people insulted by strangers, i personally think it's a very dangerous thing to do because you don't know who you are messing with. The person you are messing with could be bat **** crazy and is just waiting for someone to insult them or provoke them.

I know, this is crazy, i am a huge baby like i said. Blame my mother and Howard Stern. If you still listen to Stern on Sirius, he would have my point of view, which 90% of people don't. Anyways i knew i was going to get **** for that, i just wanted to share my opinion because this is one of my pet peeves.

Old
12-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Joey Mac

"dump that ***" great quote

Joey Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:49 AM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
Thanks, I am waiting for the to end up on puck daddy about how we are horrible fans.

Yea man this video is totally racist and probably worse than the Dodgers fan incident. This is even worse than when we booed cancer...

Old
12-09-2011, 11:40 AM
youthoftoday

I know they guy in the Sharp jersey! Too funny.

youthoftoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 11:43 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Yea man this video is totally racist and probably worse than the Dodgers fan incident. This is even worse than when we booed cancer...
Didn't you guys give Santa cancer, or am I mixing incidents?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Flyersfan139

Lighten up bro he was just booing...it was harmless fun. If you wear a jersey into an opposing stadium you have to expect some of that.

Funny video!!

Quote:

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote