HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Blow it again...

Old
12-09-2011, 08:40 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What do you want him to do? Play Cole Pacioretty Pleks Desharnais Cammy and Gio 30 minutes a game?

We have had 2-3 forwards out pretty much every night so Darche has to play, even with the in juries he isn't getting extra minutes, Moen is. I'm sure if all the forwards were healthy Dache would have missed a few games since the start of the season.

Games missed by forwards

Cammy-5
Gomez-16
white-29
AK-10
Pacioretty-3
Eller-2

65 man games lost, 62 to injury
Well they called Leblanc up maybe give him some proper ice time? If not send him back down where he can play and develop.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Kriss E

I am just fed up of having one defensive pairing that is absolutely useless.
St-Denis scored, but otherwise, useless. Gill, just a terrible re-signal.
Them being so bad means extra work for PK. You have Gorges who is absolutely solid. If Gorges was bigger I think he could be one the best defensive Dman in the nhl.
Then you got 2 rookies making the best of their situation.

I dont think people realize just how much help our D squad needs.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Well they called Leblanc up maybe give him some proper ice time? If not send him back down where he can play and develop.
Seriously, the whining about Leblanc is ridiculous. He is a kid, that clearly, is not ready. He is getting a small taste of the NHL, experiencing the game, observing better players, getting the feel of being in a NHL locker room with veterans all around. Whether he plays 5 or 8min changes nothing. He also was given an opportunity to play withthe best forward when Gionta went down.
Leblanc will be sent down soon enough.

There are other things you can criticize Martin on, but Leblanc is just ridiculous.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:09 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I would say the 3 goals scored were a pretty good factor too.

I think it would have been a win if he had shut the door in the 3rd, I still wonder what happened on the fluttering shot by Salo? Did he misplay it? Not see it?
He crouched low to look through the screen, which is what you are taught, Salo's fluttering blast was released and he went down to save it. Caught a glimpse of it and tried to save it but it was at the part of the arm where you have to throw your elbow up to get it. It was just a lucky play on a PP that shouldn't have been called.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I am just fed up of having one defensive pairing that is absolutely useless.
St-Denis scored, but otherwise, useless. Gill, just a terrible re-signal.
Them being so bad means extra work for PK. You have Gorges who is absolutely solid. If Gorges was bigger I think he could be one the best defensive Dman in the nhl.
Then you got 2 rookies making the best of their situation.

I dont think people realize just how much help our D squad needs.
Double-edge sword with Gill...

He's so good on the PK that it's difficult to sit him out, especially during 5 on 3's...opponents have so much difficulty scoring against Habs mainly because of him

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Seriously, the whining about Leblanc is ridiculous. He is a kid, that clearly, is not ready. He is getting a small taste of the NHL, experiencing the game, observing better players, getting the feel of being in a NHL locker room with veterans all around. Whether he plays 5 or 8min changes nothing. He also was given an opportunity to play withthe best forward when Gionta went down.

There are other things you can criticize Martin on, but Leblanc is just ridiculous.
I 100% agree, there is nothing wrong with Leblancs NHL stint. If anything Martin has trusted him alot more than I've seen him trust other youngsters. He will be sent down soon so the 6 minutes a game is fair and wont be a problem with his development.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:37 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Using Darche on the PP and giving often more then 10min a game? Make excuses for the coach. Refuse at first to use Cole on the PP and say Darche is better and make fun of journalist who asked why Cole is not being used? Make excuses for the coach. Have a fast skilled team but don't use them effectively in a style that would be better? Make excuses for the coach.

I like this game of yours.
Last night
Darche PP TOI: 0:00
Cole PP TOI: 3:38
Result: exact same as when the TOI was reversed. Then again, using stats from game 4 to blame Martin for tonight's loss is something that I would expect from this fan base. By the way, Darche had 6:30 TOI. Even Leblanc played more. But wait, Martin hates all young players and uses Darche on the PP all the time! Just look at the Columbus game, in which Darche had an impressive 0:00 on the PP and 6:00 TOI. What kind of coach uses his 4th liners only 5 minutes per game? Hmmm, all of them?

What about the LA game? 0:00 PP and 6:00 TOI. Hmmm
What about the SJ game? 0:00 PP and 7:00 TOI. Hmmm
What about the Ana game? 1:12 PP and 10:10 TOI. Well there we have it. Tonight's loss is due to Darche's minute on the PP 5 games ago. The team was 0/7 on the PP during that game, which is due of course to Darche playing a minute on the PP. Martin should have used his usual weapons instead of wasting Darche for that one minute. Instead of 0/7, the team was 0/7. Terrible coaching.

In the prior game against the Pens, Darche was back to 0:00 PP and 6:00 TOI. That explains the teams great performance of 0/4 on the PP. So far this season, Cole has played 3x more on the PP than Darche.

You said something about this team being fast and skilled. That is amusing. The only thing that is fast about this team is the speed at which it applies the brakes as soon as it faces an opponent. There are two exceptions: Pacioretty and Cole. Coincidently, they are the only non-midgets with top6 skills!

I guess it is Martin's fault that Desharnais is a joke to any NHL defenseman. I guess it is Martin's fault that Cammalleri can't hit the net to save his life. I guess it is Martin's fault if Plekanec wastes his time on the PK, killing penalties that were taken due to lack of strenght or speed. I guess it is Martin's fault that Gionta is playing like a minimum wage 4th liner.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:

I was against keeping Leblanc up to play on the fourth line too, but I agree with what you said. If he was playing with Eller-Kostitsyn he'd be expected to put up some points. Playing on the fourth line takes the pressure off him, and gives him a chance to get used to the speed and strength of NHL players.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:

I'm not whining baout how they're using Leblanc...but I also don't think there's much to gain personally, he needs to be playing and playing alot. I never was a fan of calling up prospects which have offensive potential, and sticking them on a 4th line for 5 mins a game...That's why the habs went out and signed Michael Blunden or Brian Wilsie.

But I agree, it can't hurt Leblanc to be in a NHL environment every day..

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:46 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Last night
Darche PP TOI: 0:00
Cole PP TOI: 3:38
Result: exact same as when the TOI was reversed. Then again, using stats from game 4 to blame Martin for tonight's loss is something that I would expect from this fan base. By the way, Darche had 6:30 TOI. Even Leblanc played more. But wait, Martin hates all young players and uses Darche on the PP all the time! Just look at the Columbus game, in which Darche had an impressive 0:00 on the PP and 6:00 TOI. What kind of coach uses his 4th liners only 5 minutes per game? Hmmm, all of them?

What about the LA game? 0:00 PP and 6:00 TOI. Hmmm
What about the SJ game? 0:00 PP and 7:00 TOI. Hmmm
What about the Ana game? 1:12 PP and 10:10 TOI. Well there we have it. Tonight's loss is due to Darche's minute on the PP 5 games ago. The team was 0/7 on the PP during that game, which is due of course to Darche playing a minute on the PP. Martin should have used his usual weapons instead of wasting Darche for that one minute. Instead of 0/7, the team was 0/7. Terrible coaching.

In the prior game against the Pens, Darche was back to 0:00 PP and 6:00 TOI. That explains the teams great performance of 0/4 on the PP. So far this season, Cole has played 3x more on the PP than Darche.

You said something about this team being fast and skilled. That is amusing. The only thing that is fast about this team is the speed at which it applies the brakes as soon as it faces an opponent. There are two exceptions: Pacioretty and Cole. Coincidently, they are the only non-midgets with top6 skills!

I guess it is Martin's fault that Desharnais is a joke to any NHL defenseman. I guess it is Martin's fault that Cammalleri can't hit the net to save his life. I guess it is Martin's fault if Plekanec wastes his time on the PK, killing penalties that were taken due to lack of strenght or speed. I guess it is Martin's fault that Gionta is playing like a minimum wage 4th liner.
LOL so hilarious and I was talking about the season as a whole not just a game or two. Way to be positive and defend a coach that should not be here.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:48 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:

How was my post whining? I just stated that it would be smarter to give the kid some more ice time if they really want to get him a feel and develop. Sitting on the bench does not help you develop.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Capitano

Bottom line, you have to find ways to win. Injuries are a reality but are not an excuse. Excuses are for losers.

We have squandered away far too many points to have much faith that they will turn things around. Smart money is against them this year. Sadly.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Andy

Quote:
LOL so hilarious and I was talking about the season as a whole not just a game or two. Way to be positive and defend a coach that should not be here.
You weren't talking about the season as a whole. You were talking about one part of it.

Fortunately, for us all, Darche stopped getting PP and ES time a long time ago.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:52 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Cole played over 90 minutes on PP this season. Darche played less than 30. The only thing that we can say about Darche's PP minutes is that they have no impact at all on the PP. What is at now? 0/37, in which Darche played a total of 1 minute? How can you still whine about Darche's PP time after that?

Let's break it down:

1) Darche doesn't play on the PP anymore.
2) Since Darche's removal from the PP, the PP hasn't done anything.
3) We can conclude that Darche has no impact on the PP, because at best his replacement is an equally inapt plug.

It is not a capital sin to admit that the players are simply not that good. They are not that good, and they are not that strong. I am not saynig that Martin is brilliant, I am just saying that replacing him is a pointless exercice that only clouds the real problem.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:54 AM
SeriousHabs

Last edited by SeriousHabs: 12-09-2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: double post
Old
12-09-2011, 10:38 AM
habitue*

Our dysfunctional team found another way to "loose" another precious point.

The PP is dreadful. Where is MAB when we need him ? Where is PK, too ?

Martin and his assistants have not found answers yet...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote