HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Does Philly need to trade?

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2005, 01:30 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
...which is exactly what they're going to need if Primeau can't play. In a couple more months Peca would come cheap and I think it should be done...depending on KPs status.
IMO his value will be higher at the deadline because of his pending free agency and his particular skill-set. Not to mention that most of his salary will already be gone so it won't hit the other teams cap nearly as hard. I'm sure that Lowe knows this, as does many of the other GM's that are looking for a Peca type of player. Do you think that Clarke would deal Umberger for Reasoner or Peca??? How has he looked while up in the NHL???

Old
11-29-2005, 02:03 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Peca is in his walk year (contract expires). He has done nothing to date for Edmonton and is seeing fourthline minutes. I'd bet that Philly could get him for less than Kapanen later in the season.
In all fairness, Peca isn't seeing fourth line minutes in Edmonton. He was demoted down to the "fourth line" after a terrible giveaway in the previous game that nearly resulted in a loss but he still ended up playing a tonne of minutes the next game. He's averaging 16.57 minutes/game and he played 18:49 against Calgary last Friday despite starting the game on the fourth line.

I haven't been impressed by Peca this season but he's still playing some pretty big minutes for the Oilers.

Old
11-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil
IMO his value will be higher at the deadline because of his pending free agency and his particular skill-set. Not to mention that most of his salary will already be gone so it won't hit the other teams cap nearly as hard. I'm sure that Lowe knows this, as does many of the other GM's that are looking for a Peca type of player. Do you think that Clarke would deal Umberger for Reasoner or Peca??? How has he looked while up in the NHL???
Umberger is an interesting situation. He's been playing really well with the Flyers during all of the injuries. But he's played left wing despite being a centreman. If the Flyers can get their injured players back and perhaps solidify the wing position, Umberger's value drops and will be sent to the minors because there are too many centres on the team as it is. He cannot fill Primeau's role and so a guy like Peca is necessary come playoff time. But, would I trade the two for each other? Probably not. Umberger is years younger than Peca and will be good for this team down the road. I actually think come the deadline that Umberger would be overpaying.

But perhaps I'm wrong...

Old
11-29-2005, 06:42 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
i doubt umberger will be dealt anytime soon. id say pat kavanaugh or ryan ready types get dealt. or just draft picks

Old
11-29-2005, 07:06 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
Umberger is an interesting situation. He's been playing really well with the Flyers during all of the injuries. But he's played left wing despite being a centreman. If the Flyers can get their injured players back and perhaps solidify the wing position, Umberger's value drops and will be sent to the minors because there are too many centres on the team as it is. He cannot fill Primeau's role and so a guy like Peca is necessary come playoff time. But, would I trade the two for each other? Probably not. Umberger is years younger than Peca and will be good for this team down the road. I actually think come the deadline that Umberger would be overpaying.

But perhaps I'm wrong...
Umberger has been excellent. It seems he and Carter are developing some great chemistry between the two of them. If they could only get the ice time that guys like Gagne and Forsberg get, they might get things going even more.

I don't think we need to make a move to be honest. Everyone goes on about the importance of Primeau, but I think big Keith has been nothing more than the product of a system.

I want to see how Hitch does in terms of implementing an offensive system in Philadelphia. He's been used to using his stifling defensive systems that have rendered talented players useless. Let's see what Hitch does now that he has to harness that talent.

I've heard and read how Philadelphia lacks secondary scoring, but it's pretty hard to have any kind of secondary scoring when: A) You're playing short handed most games; B) You only dole out good minutes to your top line; C) You have very little faith in your rookies, but you only use them because you have no choice; and D) You still find a way to put Donald Brashear out on the ice. Hitch has effectively handcuffed the talented rookies and they've done everything to go out of their way to prove him wrong. It's time that butterball suck it up and let the reins off the kids and let them do their thing.

Old
11-29-2005, 09:12 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovercraft
i doubt umberger will be dealt anytime soon. id say pat kavanaugh or ryan ready types get dealt. or just draft picks
and you will get Pat Kavanagh and Randy Ready type players in return, those guys have below zero value

Old
11-30-2005, 12:22 AM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Yes they do. If Esche doesn't turn it around pretty soon they need to look to the playoffs. All score and no defense means a quick first round exit. No hurry though. Curtis Joseph should be up for grabs as soon as Phoenix confirms no hope for the post season.

Old
12-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Blue Brigade

In the news today, Keith Primeau is in North Carolina today seeing a doctor who specializes in balance issues as they relate to post-concussion syndrome. The doctor does a lot of work with concussed NHL and NCAA football players. Primeau is improving, but still a long ways off from skating.

Old
12-03-2005, 03:12 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
I'm sorry, but are all of you guys high? Peca's a rub, and so is Nabakhov(sp). I'd rather have Umberger centering a line than Peca, and I'd rather have Nitty (not even esche) in net then Naba-nobody. All this trade talk is getting to your heads...seriously.

Old
12-03-2005, 03:26 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab79
I'm sorry, but are all of you guys high? Peca's a rub, and so is Nabakhov(sp). I'd rather have Umberger centering a line than Peca, and I'd rather have Nitty (not even esche) in net then Naba-nobody. All this trade talk is getting to your heads...seriously.

well your going to get your wish, with Nittymaki anyway. Esche being out at least a week.

Old
12-03-2005, 03:37 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab79
One of the most informative and well thought-out post I've read in awhile.