HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C/W Jonathan Drouin - Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL 2013 Draft)

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Stoneberg
Bored

vCash: 500
Awesome. So glad I got season tickets this year. With Frk back tomorrow and Drouin joining the team next week, the Mooseheads offense will be fun to watch.

Old
12-08-2011, 10:09 AM
markrander87

Anybody who follow the Mooseheads want to take a stab on what the new lines will look like with Frk and Drouin back in the lineup?

Old
12-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Stoneberg
Bored

They shuffle their lines all the time, but Frk and Mackinnon had some good chemistry in camp so it might be too good to pass up to have them playing together. With all the centers now, one of them will have to be moved to the wing. I'll take a crack at what I'd like the lines to be:

Ryan-MacKinnon-Frk
Desjardins-Drouin-Grenier
Ciampini-Andrews-Ashley
Critchlow-Cuzner-Boudreau

That leaves Randell, Cote and Falkenham..and I'm not sure I can see them cutting Randell, who has been with the Moose so long. That and Critchlow and Boudreau are better than fourth line players. They should probably make a trade to sure up the blueline.

Old
12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
TheBeastCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneberg View Post
They shuffle their lines all the time, but Frk and Mackinnon had some good chemistry in camp so it might be too good to pass up to have them playing together. With all the centers now, one of them will have to be moved to the wing. I'll take a crack at what I'd like the lines to be:

Ryan-MacKinnon-Frk
Ciampini-Andrews-Ashley

That leaves Randell, Cote and Falkenham..and I'm not sure I can see them cutting Randell, who has been with the Moose so long. That and Critchlow and Boudreau are better than fourth line players. They should probably make a trade to sure up the blueline.
Drouin will be playing on a wing, he might start out with Boudreau on the second line but in the new year this is what I see:
Drouin-Mackinnon-Frk
Ryan-Boudreau-Ashley
Desjardins-Andrews-Grenier
Critchlow-Cuzner-Cote/Randell
And Desjardins may be traded but that looks like a very good set of forwards....now the defense

Old
12-08-2011, 10:57 AM
PorkChopSandwiches

The Moose will be very impressive wth all that firepower healthy and in the lineup after the xmas tournaments!

Old
12-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Codith

Based on what I have seen so far this year in Halifax, adding Frk and Drouin to the mix now I think makes Halifax a legit threat this year.

Old
12-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneberg View Post

Ryan-MacKinnon-Frk
Ciampini-Andrews-Ashley

I would love to see them take Grenier off that top line, but I doubt it. They were subbing in players for Ryan on that top line last weekend, I'd expect him to be on the second line. I also agree that near the end of the year Drouin will be the 2C, but I can't see that happening right away. Agree with everything else, though I think they'll try to work Randell into the lineup as you said.

I've tempered my expectations for Drouin, but I'm definitely excited to see him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
Based on what I have seen so far this year in Halifax, adding Frk and Drouin to the mix now I think makes Halifax a legit threat this year.
Depends what you mean as a legit threat. I can see them winning their first two rounds, anything else after that is gravy for this team, IMO.

Old
12-08-2011, 12:18 PM
pc_md

Quote:
Made a quick video of Drouin with highlights from last year with team Quebec U16
Dman tripping by himself at 2:00 is priceless... thanks !

Old
12-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Stoneberg
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by secord92 View Post
Drouin will be playing on a wing, he might start out with Boudreau on the second line but in the new year this is what I see:
Drouin-Mackinnon-Frk
Ryan-Boudreau-Ashley
Desjardins-Andrews-Grenier
Critchlow-Cuzner-Cote/Randell
And Desjardins may be traded but that looks like a very good set of forwards....now the defense
I can see the rationale behind putting Drouin on a wing to start, but if he's a natural center, and develops as expected, it'll be best for him and the Moose to have him centering his own line. I should have clarified that that I don't expect Drouin to step in right away in such a large role (especially mid-season), but think he has to end up at the #2 C position if everything works out.

I can't see Grenier anywhere but the top six. I'm not his biggest fan but he's too good to be on the third line.

I don't see them cutting Ciampini from the roster either. Like I said before, I think they need to make a deal to solidify the defense. Maybe Ciampini + Shewfelt for an upgrade back there?

Old
12-08-2011, 12:35 PM
markrander87

Any thoughts on leaving Critchlow on the top line with Mackinnon. They put him up there in the 2nd period against Quebec and that's when Mackinnon went bananas.

Critchlow-Mackinnon-Frk

Would be a very fun line to watch. Critchlow handles the defensive duties and opens up space for Mackinnon and Frk to run wild.

Old
12-08-2011, 03:39 PM
RJQuack

One person had Boudreau on the 4th line. That won't happen. Desi and Grenier will probs get traded, and Drouin is a natural wing but can play C.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Frk
Ryan - Boudreau - Grenier (till he gets dealt maybe)
Ciampini - Andrews - Ashley
CCR line
Cote as 13th
Falkenham to AAA.

Last edited by RJQuack: 12-08-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old
12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Surly Furious

Any relation to former North Star Jude Drouin?

Old
12-09-2011, 12:03 PM
HabLover

How good is Jonathan Drouin?

Where does he rank amongst the 1995's?

How does he compare to Mackinnon?

What kind of stats can we expect from him?

Old
12-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Wilsonian
Rookie User

I believe hes top 10 In Canada for 1995's from what Ive seen, I have not seen all prospects, but he dominated the quebec major midget level with ease. Mackinnon is in a league of his own other than this 16 year old kid from Finland who will also be a phenom and is playing in the Finish Elite league. Ill be at the Moose game on tuesday when they finally have there full team back (Drouin=New, Frk is back from injury) so ill be able to have much better judgement once we see him play with older, bigger players in the Q.

Old
12-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Slippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonian View Post
I believe hes top 10 In Canada for 1995's from what Ive seen, I have not seen all prospects, but he dominated the quebec major midget level with ease. Mackinnon is in a league of his own other than this 16 year old kid from Finland who will also be a phenom and is playing in the Finish Elite league. Ill be at the Moose game on tuesday when they finally have there full team back (Drouin=New, Frk is back from injury) so ill be able to have much better judgement once we see him play with older, bigger players in the Q.
No guarantee he's in the lineup Tuesday. They are optimistic he'll be cleared by medical staff re: his groin, then I guess ti will be team decision if he's able to jump inot system. I figure healthy = in lineup.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Wilsonian
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
No guarantee he's in the lineup Tuesday. They are optimistic he'll be cleared by medical staff re: his groin, then I guess ti will be team decision if he's able to jump inot system. I figure healthy = in lineup.
This is true and i did just read that. They said they expect him to play tuesday so, cross your fingers hes good to go.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Halifaxhab*

if not for MacKinnon, Drouin was the hands down #1 pick. He'll be very good.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Frk

how does that line look for the Moose!

I can't wait to see them all in the lineup, this team will be very good, maybe even a couple of tweeks away from contention by next season

Old
12-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Wilsonian
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
if not for MacKinnon, Drouin was the hands down #1 pick. He'll be very good.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Frk

how does that line look for the Moose!

I can't wait to see them all in the lineup, this team will be very good, maybe even a couple of tweeks away from contention by next season
Ok

A) The line has already been set with Grenier- Mackinnon- Frk
B) With the added two players for this week alone (Frk+Mackinnon) the moose are now contenders for sure
C) Ill put money down now the moose will be the best team in the Q next year.

Drouin will make a difference even playing on the second line.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:51 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonian View Post
Ok

A) The line has already been set with Grenier- Mackinnon- Frk
B) With the added two players for this week alone (Frk+Mackinnon) the moose are now contenders for sure
C) Ill put money down now the moose will be the best team in the Q next year.

Drouin will make a difference even playing on the second line.
Not trying to derail a thread, as Im also intrigued to hear more about Drouin, but as a Canucks fan on the west coast, can you provide any insight into Grenier's play.

He looked out of place at the prospects camp, but they obviously liked his size and skill factor.

How is his physical play coming along? Is he able to dominate shifts or is he making a living off of Mackinnon?

Any insight would be great....you could PM me the answers if I didnt have too many infractions

Old
12-09-2011, 04:08 PM
arsmaster

^

Guess you could just post the reply in your other thread.

Cheers

Old
12-09-2011, 05:24 PM
NovaScotia Habsfan31

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Not trying to derail a thread, as Im also intrigued to hear more about Drouin, but as a Canucks fan on the west coast, can you provide any insight into Grenier's play.

He looked out of place at the prospects camp, but they obviously liked his size and skill factor.

How is his physical play coming along? Is he able to dominate shifts or is he making a living off of Mackinnon?

Any insight would be great....you could PM me the answers if I didnt have too many infractions
Grenier definitely has skill and vision... little frustrating to watch at times as you expect to see even more production from him as far as numbers go. I hope he turns it up a notch for the playoffs because if he does then he'll insulate Mackinnon and Drouin who I expect to struggle a bit at first in the playoffs.

He is almost too fancy at times with the cute little drop passes but for the warts he has he has pro potential.

Old
12-09-2011, 05:49 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I've watched a few games this year and it seems Grenier is either REALLY zoned in.. or really not. There is no medium. He's extremely inconsistent and I was expecting more.

With that said, however, when he is on he is extremely good. He just gets frustrating to watch sometimes.

Old
12-10-2011, 02:04 PM
BLBarmada

The Q draft would should of went:

Mackinnon
Drouin
Erne
Duclair
Deluca

Drouin is inconsistent but man is he ever good.

Old
12-10-2011, 02:09 PM
mapes

I heard he plays like Datsyuk. If so, what a nice addition!

Old
12-10-2011, 03:41 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
I heard he plays like Datsyuk. If so, what a nice addition!
Who told you that ?????? They're off.....

He's got flair and great hands, and he's very creative but he doesnt have the defence like Datsyuk.

Very smooth stickhandler though, hard accurate shot, deadly gamebreaker.

Closed Thread