HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm #28 Kings v. Wild, 12/8/11 - Post Game LOSS, Thoughts & Tidbits

Old
12-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

vCash: 500
the worst thing is the pressure on our keepers. They know that if they concede first the game is likely over and if they concede 2 they may awell go home

lets make Westgarth and Clifford co player coaches

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Omni Owl
Ray of Black Sun

Time to clean out the coaching cupboard...

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Defgarden

So, I only caught bits and pieces of the game last night and missed the entire 3rd period, but the little parts I saw, Kopitar looked pretty terrible out there. He kept making dumb passes that lead to turnovers and just seemed timid when trying to skate it in. Was that true the whole game?

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:02 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

I'll be gone for 2 weeks on a cruise ship to Hawaii (that I'm not complaining about) and will miss 7 Kings game after last night. Is it sad that I'm kind of excited I have an excuse not to watch them? I'm not sure I can handle any more suckage. The years we expected it, it was easier to watch. This year, it's hard to stomach. Just pissed they couldn't win before I leave.

Quick had a bad night, but he's allowed one or two every once in awhile. The team lets him down every other night.

The team decided to wake up in the 3rd. I can't believe we didn't end up with more goals in that second half of the third.

Kopi was pissed and finally decided to play after he got crunched along the boards. Is that what it takes? Did they rattle his brain so he realizes he's a hockey player?

Good to see Bob pissed off. He should be! This team should be better than that.

I hope I come back from my trip with TM gone (highly unlikely) and the Kings starting to win. We have to start going on a major winning streak if we don't want to fall into the abyss of a mid-round pick

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
I'll be gone for 2 weeks on a cruise ship to Hawaii (that I'm not complaining about) and will miss 7 Kings games after last night.
Come on, you can't just up and go for 7 games and not tell us what record you think they'll have.

What's your prediction for the 7 games?

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:37 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I see this in your future........

I've been making that face for the last couple weeks.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Brad Doty
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 11:03 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

I think so, either him or some other retred who'll keep us as a barely making the playoffs, out in round one deadbeat. MacTavish and Paul Maurice are the John Druce's of coaching, keep hanging around for years because of one really awesome playoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
I'll be gone for 2 weeks on a cruise ship to Hawaii (that I'm not complaining about) and will miss 7 Kings game after last night.
Enjoy! When we wash away our sorrows in a bottle of whatever, we'll raise a glass for you too.

Isn't it sad that we have the Dry Island theme and our team is causing US to drink?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhinged97 View Post
Will this do?

I love it.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 11:18 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Come on, you can't just up and go for 7 games and not tell us what record you think they'll have.

What's your prediction for the 7 games?
Oh man, that's hard. Let me check out the schedule. YIKES! Our schedule SUCKS!:

Dallas @ home: W 2-1
@ Boston: L 4-2
@ CBJ: W 3-2
@ Detroit: L 5-1
@ Toronto: L 3-1
Anaheim @ home: W 3-2 in a SO
@ SJ: L 3-2 in OT

So, we'll be 3-3-1

Okay, can I put my FGOTG here for all these games? Just for fun? Wow, I've NEVER EVER missed this many Kings games. Maybe I can get them to turn one of the games on if they get any on the ship in the sports bar area?

Okay, my FGOTG for the next 7 games:

Dallas @ home: Kopitar (ES), DH: JJ (PP)
@ Boston: Gagne (ES), DH: Clifford (ES)
@ CBJ: Richards (ES) if he's back, Penner (ES) if he's not, DH: Voynov
@ Detroit: Brown (ES), DH: Stoll (PP)
@ Toronto: Williams (PP), DH: Fraser (ES)
Anaheim @ home: Richards (SH), DH: Doughty (PP)
@ SJ: Kopitar (PP), DH: Martinez (ES)

Wow, that was kinda hard!

Old
12-09-2011, 11:21 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I think so, either him or some other retred who'll keep us as a barely making the playoffs, out in round one deadbeat. MacTavish and Paul Maurice are the John Druce's of coaching, keep hanging around for years because of one really awesome playoff.

Enjoy! When we wash away our sorrows in a bottle of whatever, we'll raise a glass for you too.

Isn't it sad that we have the Dry Island theme and our team is causing US to drink?

The first part of your post makes me throw up in my mouth. Then again, maybe the second makes me throw up too, from too much drinking! Trust me, I'll be drinking enough for ALL of us. Bring on the 2 for 1 happy hour every day for two weeks!!! WOOT WOOT!

I'm hoping to get some internet time on the ship (we have 4 days at sea to start) if it's not too much $$. If so, I'll check in to see how the Kings are doing (or how bad).

Old
12-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Ollie Weeks

I have tickets to the game against Toronto. It will only be the second time I've seen the Kings live. I bought these tickets in September, I don't know how I feel about it now.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 11:42 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
I have tickets to the game against Toronto. It will only be the second time I've seen the Kings live. I bought these tickets in September, I don't know how I feel about it now.
Feel good about it.

I don't like how they play but I'd almost kill to go see LA live. Being in Manitoba with no NHL team, I have seen LA play live once, and that was the first game Kurri played as a King (he scored a hat trick btw). The Kings could be the 92-93 Senators and I'd be there with a Chris Snell jersey on if I had to.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 11:43 AM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
You never know, you might get lucky. Kings may put up 3 goals. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually.

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:18 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Whatever Kopi did in the third was amazing. It looked like he just went out and said, **** this... I'm going to play my game. Sure looked like it was working until Quick let that one go in. I give Quick a pass because he has been amazing the entire season.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I want to coach the Kings. This will be my system. "Ok guys, umm.. Kopitar, you go out there and just be a beast. Maybe pass the puck to somebody or shoot it? I don't really care just score some goals. Brown, hit people and run over the goalie. Doughty, you're great, we got it. Just go play hockey instead of being Mr. Fancypants. Johnson, just keep on looking like a horse and doing whatever you do. You'll figure it out on your own eventually. Drewiske, just keep Bob and Jim company the pressbox. Best in the league at that. Richardson, go skate fast, make a nifty play here and there but maybe spend the rest of practice shooting on a shooter tutor. Try to NOT hit the goalie with the puck. Martinez, the lawn looks great, keep the good landscaping. Ok, the rest of you guys, just play hockey. If a dman pinches, other dman pull back. If there is an opportunity to get a high percentage scoring chance, take it".

Am i hired?

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Wirry Mitcherr is good defenseman. He onry pray defensivery, no offense. Hopefurry, Wirry Mitcherr return to Ros Angeres Kings soon.

Old
12-09-2011, 12:39 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

The franchise gets sent face-first into the boards and looks to be seriously hurt...and nobody did a damn thing about it. There should have been a riot on the spot.

I hate this team. No heart or soul. The lack of reaction to this incident has got to be the low point of the season. Murray should be fired for numerous reasons, but the lack of a response to this play should be all the evidence anyone needs that a shakeup needs to occur.

"Make them pay on the power play". Jesus. Is Andy Murray back with his favorite enforcer, Power P. Play? Maybe he and Cap Space can inject some life into this team?

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Feel good about it.

I don't like how they play but I'd almost kill to go see LA live. Being in Manitoba with no NHL team, I have seen LA play live once, and that was the first game Kurri played as a King (he scored a hat trick btw). The Kings could be the 92-93 Senators and I'd be there with a Chris Snell jersey on if I had to.
Did you try to get tix for the 29th? Or are you too far away from Winnipeg?

I have seen LA live 3-4 times, once in 95-96 (post-Gretzky) then 2-3 times when I lived in Edmonton. I am so excited for the 29th (I got seasons I split with friends for the Jets), it's going to be alot of fun, Dustin Brown jersey will be on!

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
The franchise gets sent face-first into the boards and looks to be seriously hurt...and nobody did a damn thing about it. There should have been a riot on the spot.

I hate this team. No heart or soul. The lack of reaction to this incident has got to be the low point of the season. Murray should be fired for numerous reasons, but the lack of a response to this play should be all the evidence anyone needs that a shakeup needs to occur.

"Make them pay on the power play". Jesus. Is Andy Murray back with his favorite enforcer, Power P. Play? Maybe he and Cap Space can inject some life into this team?
Couldn't agree more. I don't care if it was borderline - clean, I don't care if you aren't a fighter, I don't care if it nullifies all or part of the powerplay. If Kopitar goes down like that, like you said, there should have been a riot on the spot. The lack of emotion is the saddest part. The sickening feeling that I/we care more than the coaches or players.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
On the meeting in the room immediately following the game - "It's pretty obvious this isn't good enough to win. It's not a lack of effort. Everyone here wants to do well. Everyone wants to win. But, we have to do something different here, in this room as players, to find a way to win hockey games."

I wish there was a followup question to the "something different"? I would think he is towing the company line about "attitude", but it is strange that he added, "as players" to his statement.

When does Dean think this team hits rock bottom? 31st in offense?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Bandit
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I want to coach the Kings. This will be my system. "Ok guys, umm.. Kopitar, you go out there and just be a beast. Maybe pass the puck to somebody or shoot it? I don't really care just score some goals. Brown, hit people and run over the goalie. Doughty, you're great, we got it. Just go play hockey instead of being Mr. Fancypants. Johnson, just keep on looking like a horse and doing whatever you do. You'll figure it out on your own eventually. Drewiske, just keep Bob and Jim company the pressbox. Best in the league at that. Richardson, go skate fast, make a nifty play here and there but maybe spend the rest of practice shooting on a shooter tutor. Try to NOT hit the goalie with the puck. Martinez, the lawn looks great, keep the good landscaping. Ok, the rest of you guys, just play hockey. If a dman pinches, other dman pull back. If there is an opportunity to get a high percentage scoring chance, take it".

Am i hired?
Nope. You coach the wrong system. You need to preach "Close your eyes and fling the puck at the net from anywhere but the slot." I'm surprised Penner wasn't benched last night after having the nerve to go to the middle of the ice.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:16 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhinged97 View Post
Will this do?

That's just ****ing brilliant.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:17 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Nope. You coach the wrong system. You need to preach "Close your eyes and fling the puck at the net from anywhere but the slot." I'm surprised Penner wasn't benched last night after having the nerve to go to the middle of the ice.
Not only that, but scoring. WTF was he thinking?

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
Not only that, but scoring. WTF was he thinking?
The audacity of some of these players! Is it a coincidence that Penner starts to play well and the rest of the team plays like ****? The guy has like the opposite of the midas touch. Everything he touches turns to ****.