HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is the Gangsta' pouting over Jagr?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2011, 08:07 AM
  #76
Bloumeister
Certifiable
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: in a padded cell
Posts: 5,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
yes.

you are completely right, he is pouting over jagr. it's too bad that he just remembered 5 games ago that jagr didn't sign here otherwise he would have had a really bad start
I've been told by insiders (my third-door neighbor is Czech, and his son plays street hockey; those street kids know everything) that Jagr's signing with Philly hit Pleks hard.

Very hard.

Undiagnosed concussion?

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:47 AM
  #77
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post

I'm sure players constantly lobby management to get their pals or compatriots on the team.
Just like you're SURE that Pleks is throwing a temper tantrum becuase he didn't get his way?

Did you get the memo that the entire team is under-performing so far this season? Why do you have a personal vendetta against Plekanec, should be the real question.

Next you'll be trying to convince us that he's gone to PG requesting a trade to Philly, so he can be with his pal...

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:48 AM
  #78
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,229
vCash: 5158
You know, I think the OP may be on to something. It must be horribly disappointing to not play with one of your closer friends. I mean look at how wonderful the results have been for Gomez and Gionta. Thuss the solution to our losing ways is simple; find Cammalleri's BBF!

Should we make a thread on the Kings or Flames' board asking for some input?


Last edited by Bourne Endeavor: 12-09-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:25 AM
  #79
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 8,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
The whole team's numbers are down despite copious amounts of powerplay time. The reason he's not getting points on the powerplay isn't because he's mad about Jagr. C'mon dude! By that logic, are the other power play specialists on the team equally mad about not getting Jagr or exacting their own revenge. I can just see them now in a huddle before the power play starts:

- Pleks: Ok, nobody score because we're still mad about not signing Jagr.
- Subban: I'd really like to get some points to get a better contract next year.
- Pleks: Forget about your contract, let's do this for Jagr.
- Rest of guys: FOR JAGR!
I was in the waiting room at the doctor. It was full of people. Of course they were showing scores on the TV. Went into a facepalm. Came on here on my phone to seek solace (other people venting sometimes makes me feel less irate), saw this thread, then this post and literally LOL'd so hard everyone was wondering whether it was a psych ward. I couldn't keep a straight face for a few minutes. "FOR JAGR"

This thread is awesome because:
- By far the most absurd suggestion on our board and that says A LOT
- People keep posting in it against their better judgement
- ^ Because Megaforce keeps coming up with terrifically inane comments and opinions as he mines deeper into the mind of Tomas Plekanec, supporting them with trends in his play and stats. It's impossible not to respond.

Megaforce, in all seriousness, what is your occupation and are you above the age of 12?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:46 AM
  #80
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 74
Guys come on chill with the rudeness and insulting posts... Just because the majority of the team is sucking and so far the season has been poor, doesn't mean you guys can just ****ing walk all over people that don't have the same opinion or come up with 'weird' threads. I don't agree with the OP, but ****, I won't insult him for thinking differently.

Plekanec is our #1 center. Why are his numbers low this year? Are they even low?

He's been one our few veteran players that has been regularly playing with intensity this year. His numbers are fine in my opinion. Could he have played better with Jagr on the same line? I'd say yes, but that don't mean nothing anymore. He played almost all of the season on the point on the powerplay, plays top minutes every game, is our #1 center and offensive player on penalty killing... Add to this, Cammalleri and Gionta are not producing at the rate they should, hell even their intensity ain't all there.

Fact is, there are other veterans to blame for this ****** season so far. Plekanec has been solid, and in no way do I believe the Jagr non-signing is affecting his play psychologically at the moment. The question is, what's going on with Gomez, Gionta and Cammalleri? That's my view of things, as these three veterans should be playing with a lot more heart and getting points.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:15 PM
  #81
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,347
vCash: 500
Well I guess Gauthier just made Pleks happy by getting Kabs

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:19 PM
  #82
Jafar
Keep it logical
 
Jafar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,693
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
He probably looks at the contracts/performance of Cammy/Gio/Gomez and says ... why bother trying any more?
Maybe you were just ''joking'' but I actually think having a bunch of overpaid players that shows no true effort and doesn't produce is negative for the other players.I say trade what you can trade of this dead wood and buy out the others.You'll see a whole new spirit.

Jafar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:25 PM
  #83
Megaforce
Registered User
 
Megaforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Raymond NDG/Mtl
Country: Azerbaijan
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Perhaps Plex even lobbied for this latest trade.

I think there's evidence that players lobby management all their time to get their buddies on the team.

We know that here in Montreal we got Gionta because Gomez signed.

Tanguay was acquired by the Flames because Iginla put a bug into management's ear to get him. There's undoubtedly countless other such examples, just as there are tons of examples of players getting dumped because they were unpopular with teammates (ie: Avery in Dallas, etc). 0

So when you lobby management to do something and they don't do it, surely it disappoints you, so the assertion is entirely plausible although it is, of course somewhat speculative.

Great thread by the way, thanks for the contributions. Not the best signal to noise ratio but y'know sometimes people need to have their minds expanded.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:53 PM
  #84
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
Maybe you were just ''joking'' but I actually think having a bunch of overpaid players that shows no true effort and doesn't produce is negative for the other players.I say trade what you can trade of this dead wood and buy out the others.You'll see a whole new spirit.
But... JM never accused the vets of wrongdoing lately... It's the young players that aren't playing well...

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:23 PM
  #85
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,081
vCash: 500
@Megaforce this trade is your fault


I agree about the influence thing, but start to complain and play like **** is another kind of story ^^

The habs traded to get Olivier Latendresse for his bro

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 12:10 PM
  #86
Dekar
Registered User
 
Dekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bound Kingdom
Posts: 4,808
vCash: 500
If Plekanec starts playing amazingly well after the Habs acquired Kaberle, then we have definitive proof that Czechs are the new Russians.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:54 AM
  #87
Megaforce
Registered User
 
Megaforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Raymond NDG/Mtl
Country: Azerbaijan
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Just to revisit this thread after the post mortem.

I don't know if I was right about Plex being demotivated by our Jagr snub (altho everybody here derided me at the time for even speculating on the subject) but I was certainly right in worrying about his play, as his final numbers were far down from previous years where he scored as high as 70 points and 29 goals. So yeah. Here's his final numbers:
GP 81 G 17 A 35 PTS 52 PIM 56 +/- -15

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:02 PM
  #88
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,816
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Perhaps Plex even lobbied for this latest trade.

I think there's evidence that players lobby management all their time to get their buddies on the team.

We know that here in Montreal we got Gionta because Gomez signed.

Tanguay was acquired by the Flames because Iginla put a bug into management's ear to get him. There's undoubtedly countless other such examples, just as there are tons of examples of players getting dumped because they were unpopular with teammates (ie: Avery in Dallas, etc). 0

So when you lobby management to do something and they don't do it, surely it disappoints you, so the assertion is entirely plausible although it is, of course somewhat speculative.

Great thread by the way, thanks for the contributions. Not the best signal to noise ratio but y'know sometimes people need to have their minds expanded.
You may not know this but your mind is not that expanded. Plek had a bad year because he was paired with Bourque and Bourque had a really bad connection with Plek, it had nothing to do with Jagr I don't even think they're pals. You're just putting stuff out there and criticizing everyone that contradicts you. Gomez and Gionta had no lobby to be playing together, you're just assuming random things and think they're true cause they sound good to you.

Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:05 PM
  #89
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,816
vCash: 50
From what I'm hearing you say is that all NHL players have the brains of 12 year old 7th graders during recess and making the team selection of a dodge-ball game.

Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:06 PM
  #90
Megaforce
Registered User
 
Megaforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Raymond NDG/Mtl
Country: Azerbaijan
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Just positing a hypothesis to explain an anomaly but the level of discussion here quickly turns to ad hominens, which probably should be better policed by the moderators.

(In the past I actually donated money to this discussion forum but the rampant personal attacks permitted here inspired me not to do it again.)

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:07 PM
  #91
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,816
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Just positing a hypothesis to explain an anomaly but the level of discussion here quickly turns to ad hominens, which probably should be better policed by the moderators.

(In the past I actually donated money to this discussion forum but the rampant personal attacks permitted here inspired me not to do it again.)
Why can't you bear to be contradicted?


Last edited by Alexdaman: 07-07-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:08 PM
  #92
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Just to revisit this thread after the post mortem.

I don't know if I was right about Plex being demotivated by our Jagr snub (altho everybody here derided me at the time for even speculating on the subject)
Thanks for bring it back up so we can deride you again...

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:11 PM
  #93
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Why can't you bare to be contradicted?
I think bear is the spelling there

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:14 PM
  #94
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,816
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I think bear is the spelling there
ok mr stalin

Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:27 PM
  #95
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Just positing a hypothesis to explain an anomaly but the level of discussion here quickly turns to ad hominens, which probably should be better policed by the moderators.

(In the past I actually donated money to this discussion forum but the rampant personal attacks permitted here inspired me not to do it again.)
In '10-11 Pleks put up 57 points in 77 games. In 08-09, Pleks saw a drop to 39 points from 69 points the year before. Last season wasn't even the biggest downward point swing we've seen from Plekanec in his time with the Habs.

It was an off-year for Plekanec, but certainly not a big enough deviation to be considered an anomaly. Looking at the revolving linemates, the tough defensive assignments and the overall awful play of the team as a whole should explain this without having to go to personal reasons. If you do insist on going there, I will reiterate that his wife having a baby was probably higher on his list of emotional concerns than the lack of Jagr's presence.

LyleOdelein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:29 PM
  #96
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,079
vCash: 500
Well, this is a strange feeling...

I'm equally happy that I missed this thread when it was created and pissed off that I didn't this time around. Yeah, the very idea was silly to start with and re-opening this 7 months later certainly doesn't make it look any better.

Plekanec struggled for 3 very simple reasons:
1- He was playing too many minutes in a defensive role
2- He had so-so line-mates for most of the year
3- He had a first baby. Kids here truly underestimate how much that can take out of a man... It's serious business.

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:39 PM
  #97
hogtownhabsfan
Registered User
 
hogtownhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,677
vCash: 500
And people actually got on Gauthier for not signing Jagr.

Where are those people now? Pretty clear the guy doesn't want to play here...

hogtownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:44 PM
  #98
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
And people actually got on Gauthier for not signing Jagr.

Where are those people now? Pretty clear the guy doesn't want to play here...
Jagr said the Habs were #1 on his list, Bergevin said he had no interest in Jagr, so how do you get that he doesn't want to play here?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:46 PM
  #99
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
And people actually got on Gauthier for not signing Jagr.

Where are those people now? Pretty clear the guy doesn't want to play here...
Or could it be Bergevin never offered him a contract.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:55 PM
  #100
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Jagr said the Habs were #1 on his list
Has he specified what number on the list Dallas were yet?

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.