HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

FAQ: Going to Anaheim and Honda Center

Old
07-25-2011, 06:13 PM

vCash: 500
Greetings Ducks fans,

So, I recently moved to San Diego from Boston (literally hours after we beat Vancouver). In Boston, I was (still technically am) a season ticket holder for the Bruins and Northeastern University. Some weeks I would attend up to 5 games between the two teams.

Now that I live in San Diego, I realize that I will be suffering a major setback in my hockey viewing. However, upon realizing the Honda Center is under 2 hours away (according the mapquest), I'm going to make it a point to go to a number of Duck games.

So I've read through the thread and still have a few questions. What can I expect from the Anaheim Duck culture? How does it compare to other arenas? Advice driving from SD to the Pond on game day? Is it worth buying a mini-plan? (can't beat the price!).

Any info is greatly appreciated. Look forward to lurking (maybe posting) on the Duck board during the season.

Thanks,

304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Mooseduck

Mellow crowd, laid back.
- Consider taking the train (amtrak/metrolink) - drops off at Anaheim Stadium (block from Honda). SD Stations all over (Downtown, Solana Beach, Oceanside, etc).
- Sunday games will be easier to avoid traffic. 5pm puck drop, afternoon traffic will be lighter than weekday 7pm games.
- Pretty sure there are new weekend packages being sold.

Have fun, others will chime in, good luck.

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 07:51 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304 View Post
Greetings Ducks fans,

So, I recently moved to San Diego from Boston (literally hours after we beat Vancouver).
Welcome to our board.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 07:57 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Now that I live in San Diego, I realize that I will be suffering a major setback in my hockey viewing.
http://www.sandiegogullshockeyclub.com

Maybe these guys can help, when you don't want to make the drive up to Anaheim?

Apparently they are a Tier III Junior A team in the Western States Hockey League. San Diego had an ECHL team called the Gulls as well, up until 2006.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 10:53 AM

Thanks guys.

304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 12:44 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

If you take the highway up you'll get to see the boobs on the side of the road

If you aim for weekend games you'll get a decent sized crowd (weekdays there's a dropoff) every one is pretty relaxed in the upper deck... haven't really spent much time in the lower deck so I can't comment I'm sure it can't be much different.

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 07:21 PM
jiggsawpuzzle35

Welcome to SoCal. My buddy has seats in 309 at the Garden so maybe you've seen my obnoxious friend before at a B's game. You are always welcome to start stuff with a Habs fan if you are home sick.

jiggsawpuzzle35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Sirquacksalot
Magic

How much is beer at Honda Center? I must know.

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 07:34 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
How much is beer at Honda Center? I must know.
$8.50

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Sirquacksalot
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
$8.50

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:23 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

what's the best online resource to buy tickets? (shipping to Canada doesn't matter, because I have an aunt in the O.C.)

also, are there any sports stores, used stores, etc, that might sell Mighty Ducks Jerseys? I'll settle for a current away if I have to, but I'd love to get my hands on a mighty ducks jersey instead.

and what better place to find a Mighty Ducks jersey than Orange County..

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 04:43 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

eBay would be a pretty good place to look, I bought quite a few of my MD jerseys from there, just have to be patient.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 08:31 AM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanconn View Post
what's the best online resource to buy tickets? (shipping to Canada doesn't matter, because I have an aunt in the O.C.)

also, are there any sports stores, used stores, etc, that might sell Mighty Ducks Jerseys? I'll settle for a current away if I have to, but I'd love to get my hands on a mighty ducks jersey instead.

and what better place to find a Mighty Ducks jersey than Orange County..
I actually have had the most luck with tickets on stubhub. I wait until game day and the seat prices keep going down as game time approaches. I took my kid to a game last season for 10 bucks a seat and we were 7 rows from the ice.

It is risky because you may not get them but if you can risk it, I would advise wait and buy them on game day.

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 09:03 AM
Force951

vCash: 50
I have 3 extra tickets to tonights game from the kings if anyone wants them. They are in section 404 row L, and are from the vouchers so i can't email them to you. So if your interested pm me and be willing to meet at the game around 6:45, or pick them up from me in the corona/rancho cucamonga areas.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:51 PM
parrosfan16

vCash: 505
Anyone ever bought tickets from the guys on the corner (714 Tickets I assume)? How cheap are they on game day (against none crowd drawers)?

parrosfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:20 AM
luongoisdaman

What is the easiest/cheapest way to get from LAX to the Honda Centre? Amtrak seems to be the only option that I can find, and its $14/person, I think.

luongoisdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 07:49 AM
TesseracT
AMG

Quote:
Greetings Ducks fans,

So, I recently moved to San Diego from Boston (literally hours after we beat Vancouver). In Boston, I was (still technically am) a season ticket holder for the Bruins and Northeastern University. Some weeks I would attend up to 5 games between the two teams.
How did I miss this????

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!

TesseracT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongoisdaman View Post
What is the easiest/cheapest way to get from LAX to the Honda Centre? Amtrak seems to be the only option that I can find, and its $14/person, I think.
There is probably a tram from LAX to John Wayne. From there you are alot closer so I'm sure there are alot more options. I dont live in OC so I'm sure some locals have much better responses sorry

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:49 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongoisdaman View Post
Train is probably going to be the easiest. There is a train station extremely close to Honda Center.

Old
11-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Miss Mess

If anybody has an extra ticket or 2 to the Ducks/Flyers game in December, I would be very very interested.

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:40 PM
myzteriouz

Hello
I'm flying in from Finland for a week for some vacation time on the 8th of January, and since I'm landing at around noon, me and a friend who's living in the area figured we'd try to make it to the game against Columbus on the same day. I got a couple of questions I'm wondering about, like I read through this topic that last season there wasn't that many sellouts and you could by tickets at the Honda Center, I'm guessing that's still the case for this season's games?
Also, wondered if there's any particular seats in the upper level (the 400 smth area, sorry, not that familiar with the Honda Center) that are better than the others? We don't need the best of seats, as I don't have that much money to throw on a game, I am perfectly happy with the 30-60 dollar seats, I'm just happy I can start my vacation with a hockey game, my (and hers too) first ever NHL game
Thanks in advance

myzteriouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 12:54 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzteriouz View Post
Hello
I'm flying in from Finland for a week for some vacation time on the 8th of January, and since I'm landing at around noon, me and a friend who's living in the area figured we'd try to make it to the game against Columbus on the same day. I got a couple of questions I'm wondering about, like I read through this topic that last season there wasn't that many sellouts and you could by tickets at the Honda Center, I'm guessing that's still the case for this season's games?
Also, wondered if there's any particular seats in the upper level (the 400 smth area, sorry, not that familiar with the Honda Center) that are better than the others? We don't need the best of seats, as I don't have that much money to throw on a game, I am perfectly happy with the 30-60 dollar seats, I'm just happy I can start my vacation with a hockey game, my (and hers too) first ever NHL game
Thanks in advance
It would take a miracle for that game to sell out. They're really isn't a bad seat in Honda Center, but in the 400's there are some that have obstructed views due to railings from entrances to the sections but considering its Columbus, you'll have no problems moving up a few rows.

Old
12-11-2011, 10:41 AM
myzteriouz

Thank you As I pretty much expected, but decided to ask to be on the safe side, don't want to take any risks of missing out on the tickets

myzteriouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:09 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Does anyone have 2 tickets for sale for tomorrow's game vs Van?
I need 2 asap!

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 04:38 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 840
They have a few up here

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/s...inAsk=&maxAsk=

kducks is online now   Reply With Quote