HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Impressions on McNabb so far

Old
12-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
He has played his off side when paired with Finley and seemed fine with it. Unless he normal plays his off side thats pretty impressive for a kid.
He's a leftie who played RD for the Ice. Granted, he played upwards of 30 minutes a game for Kootenay so he was all over, but normally, he had RD duties.

12-07-2011, 01:26 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
He's a leftie who played RD for the Ice. Granted, he played upwards of 30 minutes a game for Kootenay so he was all over, but normally, he had RD duties.
Thanks for the info. So RD is normal for him. I guess I will look to see if he plays LD at all tonight so I can be amazed at that

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Thanks for the info. So RD is normal for him. I guess I will look to see if he plays LD at all tonight so I can be amazed at that
Not sure. I think he'll be on the right and Finley on the left. Granted, Ruff may shorten things and run out five guys again so it could be anyone's guess where they go.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:10 PM
DuklaNation

How could Ruff be surprised about his physical play? He's known for laying out big hits from his jr days and given his size translating that to the NHL isnt that hard with all these guys skating with their heads down. I thought his mobility issues would be a problem for him in the NHL this soon but he's been fine no worse than many other NHL d-men.

DuklaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:14 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
How could Ruff be surprised about his physical play? He's known for laying out big hits from his jr days and given his size translating that to the NHL isnt that hard with all these guys skating with their heads down. I thought his mobility issues would be a problem for him in the NHL this soon but he's been fine no worse than many other NHL d-men.
The thinking was he doesn't yet have the foot speed to be unloading big hits or closing on guys along the wall. Basically being a step late to be able to punish guys. Obviously that hasn't been the case. Its been a pleasant surprise.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Worst game of the recall last night. He got exposed a lot -- all of his skating and rookie decision making flaws were visible.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Worst game of the recall last night. He got exposed a lot -- all of his skating and rookie decision making flaws were visible.
Agreed, but he made a few good plays on the puck. All the rookies on the backend looked out of place last night.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:08 PM
nally

Brayden McNabb

What do Sabres fans think of this guy? How has he looked as a pro-rookie? What kind of upside do you see him having? Is he a possible Myers version 2.0?

nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:28 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nally View Post
What do Sabres fans think of this guy? How has he looked as a pro-rookie? What kind of upside do you see him having? Is he a possible Myers version 2.0?
He's more physical than Myers. While Myers is developing more physical play along the boards, he doesn't deliver punishing checks the way McNabb does. On the other hand, Myers is a much better skater.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Edler4Norris
Nucks / Flyers

Send a message via AIM to Edler4Norris Send a message via MSN to Edler4Norris
McNabb has looked good in Rochester as well where I live. He's got a lot more upside over Gragnani or Weber.

Edler4Norris is offline   Reply With Quote