HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Ethan Moreau [Cleared]

Old
12-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Chazz Reinhold

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
This should keep Slava up for now.
This is so they have a roster spot for Mitchell tomorrow. This still does not solve the issue of Martinez v. Voynov v. Drewiske.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Stoll, Moreau, and Brown lead the team in minor penalties with 11, 10, 11 respectively.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2200
I don't know it it's been mentioned already, but I wonder how TM feels about the waive. Seem to me, TM had a hard-on for Moreau but apparently Dean didn't.

Does this waive force TM to play Lewis and Richie little more on regular basis?

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
This is so they have a roster spot for Mitchell tomorrow. This still does not solve the issue of Martinez v. Voynov v. Drewiske.

well if you are going to throw him in there...

also include

v. horseshoe stake
v. road cone
v. Snack bar guy
v. bailey

etc
etc
etc

Old
12-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Johnny Utah

What were the lines last night..? I missed the game...

I watched the highlights and saw Martinez turn the puck mover and Kopitar get steam rolled. Jesus.

Why didn't they just sent Loktionov down?

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
What were the lines last night..? I missed the game...

I watched the highlights and saw Martinez turn the puck mover and Kopitar get steam rolled. Jesus.

Why didn't they just sent Loktionov down?
Loktionov > Moreau

even if he isn't producing.

Lokti has to find his legs in the NHL at sometime. Why not now...when the team needs scoring, and needs it from somewhere. Youth. Give it a chance.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Johnny Utah

Yes, but Lewis and Richardson can play center.

What happens when Richards comes back?

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Like RH63 said, this seems like a move DL made to force TM to play Richardson/Lewis more. Terry seemed to like Moreau, whereas DL probably didn't. Deano probably didn't like seeing Richardson sit out all this time while our offence was struggling so much.

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Yes, but Lewis and Richardson can play center.

What happens when Richards comes back?
Then you might see Loktionov go down. I mean at the least this gives him a few more days to get himself going. Maybe we see Lokti come out next game and play balls out because he knows this is his chance.

I mean or we see a trade in the next few days...who knows...as it currently stands we have too many defensemen on this roster.......

Correction: too many GOOD defensemen.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I don't know it it's been mentioned already, but I wonder how TM feels about the waive. Seem to me, TM had a hard-on for Moreau but apparently Dean didn't.

Does this waive force TM to play Lewis and Richie little more on regular basis?
It tells me we needed a roster spot. I don't think this moves reflects on Moreau's play in any way really. We just needed a roster spot. Your description sounds exactly like Hunter, not Moreau.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
well if you are going to throw him in there...

also include

v. horseshoe stake
v. road cone
v. Snack bar guy
v. bailey

etc
etc
etc
He may not be as skilled as the other, but he is taking up a roster spot. I doubt the Kings will carry 8 defensemen for any extended period of time. The Kings also love having Drewiske as the 7th, so there is a battle for the roster spot between Martinez, Voynov, and Drewiske.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
It tells me we needed a roster spot. I don't think this moves reflects on Moreau's play in any way really. We just needed a roster spot. Your description sounds exactly like Hunter, not Moreau.
Yeah, but why waive EM who's a favorite of TM? Why not waive Lewis or Richie?

I'm not saying waiving Lewis or Richie's the better move, not at all.

But by waiving, EM, it does seem like it's DL's way of saying, that TM needs to start playing our speedy players a bit more.

If TM had his way, he probably would have waived/traded Richie or Lewis than to waive Moreau.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Fangio

Commence the rebuild!

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
He may not be as skilled as the other, but he is taking up a roster spot. I doubt the Kings will carry 8 defensemen for any extended period of time. The Kings also love having Drewiske as the 7th, so there is a battle for the roster spot between Martinez, Voynov, and Drewiske.
It's a good battle at that, but still, they wouldn't have had to waive Moreau because of Mitchell. Willie was not on IR.

Quote:
Yeah, but why waive EM who's a favorite of TM? Why not waive Lewis or Richie?

I'm not saying waiving Lewis or Richie's the better move, not at all.

But by waiving, EM, it does seem like it's DL's way of saying, that TM needs to start playing our speedy players a bit more.

If TM had his way, he probably would have waived/traded Richie or Lewis than to waive Moreau.
Richardson and Lewis have more value than Moreau, are signed to multi-year deals, and are young. Not comparable.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
It's a good battle at that, but still, they wouldn't have had to waive Moreau because of Mitchell. Willie was not on IR.

I believe Mitchell was placed on IR retroactive to his injury, clearing a roster spot for Martinez to return. Waiving Moreau was necessary to make room for Willie.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Richardson and Lewis have more value than Moreau, are signed to multi-year deals, and are young. Not comparable.
I've already said that.

But when a coach clearly chooses to play one player over the other two players and the gm waives the coach's player, that tells me there's a bit of friction there.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Moreau is just the weakest link. I think his stupid penalties have put him on a short leash, and his boneheaded play last night was the icing on the cake.

I prefer Hunter over Moreau - less stupid penalties -but my blood pressure still rises every time he's on the powerplay. I told my buddy right after the major "watch, Hunter will score a late, meaningless goal and will earn a bunch more ice time." Sure 'nuff...... I don't really hate on Hunter because he is put in situations he is not very suited for. He's a 6-7 minute guy who should be on the 4th line. At least he doesn't do things that are damaging to the team. I still prefer Lewis/Richardson.

On a side note, Lewis looked really rusty. Martinez did too, obviously. Not playing is going to end up in Trevor regressing, and I think it's silly considering he wasn't really outplayed by the players taking his spot.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:47 PM
IlyaAlexanderMalkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
I believe Mitchell was placed on IR retroactive to his injury, clearing a roster spot for Martinez to return. Waiving Moreau was necessary to make room for Willie.
This is true.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/12/08...njury-updates/

IlyaAlexanderMalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
I've already said that.

But when a coach clearly chooses to play one player over the other two players and the gm waives the coach's player, that tells me there's a bit of friction there.
Or it could mean that that player was the rational option to waive. This is fourth line duties, it isn't complicated. Moreau, as stated, is old, in the twilight of his career, on the decline, and has no value. Lewis and Richardson are young, have multi-year deals at decent prices, are fast and still have upside, and they have value around the league. It is called being a manager and managing one's assets. He didn't do it to spite Murray. If I were Murray, I would have played Moreau too, he does provide leadership and I think he was ideal for that fourth line role, but when faced with the fact that I needed to open a roster spot, I would choose Moreau every time due to the obvious reasons I have just stated.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlyaAlexanderMalkin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
I stand corrected. Still, it provides the roster spot we need to keep one of Loktionov and Voynov now, the traffic jam is eased.

Old
12-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Prince

Since he did not play the third period, makes me wonder if he said/did something in the locker room between periods.

Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
Since he did not play the third period, makes me wonder if he said/did something in the locker room between periods.
He had a couple of shifts in the third.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
I stand corrected. Still, it provides the roster spot we need to keep one of Loktionov and Voynov now, the traffic jam is eased.
It's not, though. They're not going to carry 8 defensemen. One of Martinez, Voynov, and Drewiske will be gone soon. Plus they will have to open up a roster spot when Richards comes back. Maybe those will coincide, who knows. But waiving Moreau was strictly a way to get Mitchell off IR.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
On a team struggling offensively....an unproductive Loktionov brings a lot more to desire to the table then an unproductive Ethan Moreau.
Agree 100%. These bridge-type players just don't seem to mesh well with Terry Murray. It's almost as though the bottom 6 should be all players under 30 with some foot speed or they'll fall flat on their faces. I'm all for more youth and speed on the bottom 6, it worked pretty well in 92-93.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
It's not, though. They're not going to carry 8 defensemen. One of Martinez, Voynov, and Drewiske will be gone soon. Plus they will have to open up a roster spot when Richards comes back. Maybe those will coincide, who knows. But waiving Moreau was strictly a way to get Mitchell off IR.
It's time to waive Drewiske and focus on having more skilled players on the team.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote