HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR : Game 25 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 54 70.13%
Ryan Callahan 46 59.74%
Michael Del Zotto 28 36.36%
Brandon Dubinsky 5 6.49%
Steve Eminger 14 18.18%
Ruslan Fedotenko 1 1.30%
Marian Gaborik 4 5.19%
Dan Girardi 10 12.99%
Carl Hagelin 4 5.19%
Henrik Lundqvist 13 16.88%
Ryan McDonagh 1 1.30%
Brandon Prust 1 1.30%
Brad Richards 13 16.88%
Derek Stepan 3 3.90%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-09-2011, 03:13 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
Well yes he did beat him. It doesn't matter if the puck was bouncing or not. McD's job in that situation is to maintain proper gap distance so that the forward doesn't get past him. That didn't happen. Instead, he stepped up, got caught, and was forced to take a penalty to prevent a good scoring opportunity.

Regarding Stamkos, you're basically arguing that Stamkos wasn't a factor except for those opportunities which occured when he was a factor?
I will agree with you that regardless of thepuck bouncing or not McD got beat, though I didn't see the game.

I wont speak for the OP but I believe what he was saying is that aside from the one play described above, McD shut down Stamkos.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:43 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I can deal with the loss. Big deal. I can even deal with AA's celebrations if that was his 36th goal. AA acted like a fool...trying to be like Selanne in 1993.

Jesus Christ, the guy scored a goal midway through the 2nd in December. You'd think he potted a double OT winner in the Finals

Stop being hypocrites. What AA did is no different from what Desean Jackson does, or what Chris Childs did against the Heat.

Let's be consistent as fans, please. We usually are, but nobody can say that Tampa's response was wrong.

AA's lucky TB's skill line was on the ice.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I just want to point something out here, guys.

Anisimov has the exact same amount of goals and points this season as Derek Stepan.

Stepan has 84 total minutes of PP time to Anisimov's 38.
Stepan has 345 even strength minutes to Anisimov's 300

Anisimov is a +6 to Stepan's +4

And yet here we are talking about how Anisimov isn't having that good of a season? He is on pace for 56 points. Main boards posters were calling him a "career 40 pointer" after he hit 44 in his 2nd year in the league.

12-09-2011, 03:59 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
I can deal with the loss. Big deal. I can even deal with AA's celebrations if that was his 36th goal. AA acted like a fool...trying to be like Selanne in 1993.

Jesus Christ, the guy scored a goal midway through the 2nd in December. You'd think he potted a double OT winner in the Finals

Stop being hypocrites. What AA did is no different from what Desean Jackson does, or what Chris Childs did against the Heat.

Let's be consistent as fans, please. We usually are, but nobody can say that Tampa's response was wrong.
I can , but we already went down that rabbit-hole yesterday....

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:05 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I know Richards and Vinny are boyfriend and girlfriend but what is Richards doing discussing Rangers family business with Vinny?

Quote:
Lecavalier said he spoke to Rangers center and former Lightning teammate Brad Richards after the game. He said Richards told him Anisimov got a talking to by some of his teammates.

"I don't think their team was really impressed with that," Lecavalier said.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...al-celebration

What BS is this?

Vinny should worry about his own play and his team.

Richards should shut his mouth.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
And been short handed for doing so. I don't mind their reaction but the refs completely got it wrong. Btw, was at the game. Did they review that puck that appeared to go in for the rangers in the third?
You can make that argument--but, in the hockey world it was unsportmanlike conduct and worth a penalty. I do think Stamkos should have gotten a penalty for smacking Anisimov as he was being held by the linesman, but since the penalties were killed off, it really doesn't matter.

As for the goal that wasn't--all plays are subject to review by the video people in Toronto--I'm sure they were in contact with someone at the rink. If it had been a goal (which from my angle--I was also at the game--did not go in) it would have been announced at the next stoppage of play and the game would have been rolled back to that point.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:28 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I know Richards and Vinny are boyfriend and girlfriend but what is Richards doing discussing Rangers family business with Vinny?

What BS is this?

my guess is thats what "yeah, we talked to him about it" turns into when its 3rd or 4th hand information

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:35 PM
EEDAWGZ

Quote:

What BS is this?

Lol' 'back in the day, Domi scored a goal an started riding his stick like a rocket ship. Messier didnt like it one bit, an told him never to do it again

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Gorokhov was actually an original Rangers draft pick.

I figured it was just something Anisimov saw, like i've said he has been doing different goal celebrations this year and this one happened to piss off Tampa.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
Well yes he did beat him. It doesn't matter if the puck was bouncing or not. McD's job in that situation is to maintain proper gap distance so that the forward doesn't get past him. That didn't happen. Instead, he stepped up, got caught, and was forced to take a penalty to prevent a good scoring opportunity.

Regarding Stamkos, you're basically arguing that Stamkos wasn't a factor except for those opportunities which occured when he was a factor?
Considering the quality of the player, the amount of ice time he gets and the production that he has been putting up the last three seasons I would say having a bouncing puck get by you in the neutral zone to create the one real opportunity in three periods at even strength is making him a non factor.

As far as your argument on gap control, McD's ability to close the gaps, use the poke check and still get back if there is a funny bounce is what makes him the perfect guy to check a guy like Stamkos. On that one play the puck bounced funny, Stamkos had the momentum going forward and he took the penalty. Absent the funny bounce, the result of that play would have been the same as every other play that took place last night when those two hooked up. Stamkos would have had nothing. If you sit back on him then you don't have to worry about the bouncing puck and him getting by you, but then he gets control in the neutral zone with speed and he is in the driver's seat. You have to take risks when checking #91 and his lack of production last night speaks for itself.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Oh dear, hockey players talk to one another after games--maybe Richards and Lecavalier even went out to dinner after the game, gasp--what's the world coming to?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post

Not many people are questioning Tampa's response. They can respond anyway they want. It's hockey. It's up to the refs to call it correctly which means not giving Arty a double minor for roughing or unsportsmanlike conduct. What he did was unethical but not against the rules and he certainly didn't rough anyone up.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
You can make that argument--but, in the hockey world it was unsportmanlike conduct and worth a penalty. I do think Stamkos should have gotten a penalty for smacking Anisimov as he was being held by the linesman, but since the penalties were killed off, it really doesn't matter.

As for the goal that wasn't--all plays are subject to review by the video people in Toronto--I'm sure they were in contact with someone at the rink. If it had been a goal (which from my angle--I was also at the game--did not go in) it would have been announced at the next stoppage of play and the game would have been rolled back to that point.
The next stoppage was about four minutes later and I didn't see evidence of a review so I was wondering if they said something on TV.

Old
12-09-2011, 05:08 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
The next stoppage was about four minutes later and I didn't see evidence of a review so I was wondering if they said something on TV.
i was at the game. both refs were on the phone in the booth at the side of the rink during the ad break. not sure if that's an official review, but they definitely were sorting something out during that break.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 05:21 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:

What BS is this?

They're friends for almost 15 years. I dont have a problem with them having a conversation about it.

Vinny should have kept his mouth shut. Dont make that **** public.

10-million dollar waste.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I feel obligated to point out that Anisimov has 1 point less than Vinny L this season, while making about 1/5th the Salary.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 05:48 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
NYDNRangers Pat Leonard
Anisimov says he won't do that celebration again and understood immediately why the Lightning were upset
Did anyone kind of chuckle when the melee was done and Anisimov's jersey and shoulder pads were kind of hunched over his shoulders? He looked like a lanky Russian hunchback of Notre Dame, lol.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 05:52 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Did anyone kind of chuckle when the melee was done and Anisimov's jersey and shoulder pads were kind of hunched over his shoulders? He looked like a lanky Russian hunchback of Notre Dame, lol.
I'll tell you one thing: I've seen AA on the street near by my apartment a few times. I think he lives nearby. If I see him again soon, would it be a bad idea to mimic the celebration?

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:03 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Not many people are questioning Tampa's response. They can respond anyway they want. It's hockey. It's up to the refs to call it correctly which means not giving Arty a double minor for roughing or unsportsmanlike conduct. What he did was unethical but not against the rules and he certainly didn't rough anyone up.
It was unsportsmanlike (at least as far as NHL standards are concerned) plain and simple and the only call Anisimov should have gotten. Refs do make up the rules as the go - hopefully these refs marks for the game would reflect it.

Otherwise I have no problem with Tampa's reaction and if Artie was older - he'd never do this in the first place. Besides taunting the whole TBL team in general, his stick was pointing to their goalie and I think I also saw Lecavalier "in the line of fire" as well. So the TB team reaction should have been expected it was by the rest of the Rangers who immediately abandoned their celebration mode and turned into "defend your teammate mode"

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:48 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
I feel obligated to point out that Anisimov has 1 point less than Vinny L this season, while making about 1/5th the Salary.
Like I said, the Lightning took out their frustration on Arty because they suck this season.

I never liked that organization once they drafted Stamkos and I doubt I ever will. They really showed a lot when they cried about Omark last season. Seriously? Ridiculous. I would have no problem with them sucking for a long time.

And that's all I'll say on the matter.

Also Vinny should shut the **** up.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:27 PM
truebluegoalie

I have no problem with the unsportsmanlike call. Like others I have a problem with Downie not getting suspended for coming off the bench, Stamkos not getting penalized for getting some cheap shots in, AA getting 4 minutes when IIRC he never even got a shot in on anyone, and finally Lecavalier not getting anything when he started the whole fracas is just ridiculous. If he doesn't go after AA none of that happens, but he walks away scott free? WTFever.

oh, and I was more upset with the Toronto loss than this one.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Uh yeah, there's this other Russian player in the league, think he plays in the DC area, and he celebrates EVERY goal like he just scored the game-winner in Game-7 of the SCF's.

Just sayin'

12-09-2011, 09:20 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post

Personally I find nothing wrong with AA's celebration...Ovi jumps, Jagr has had how money different celebrations, Marty St Louis celebrates every goal like its a SC winner this is a mountain out of a molehill

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:26 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

That's how I feel about this whole thing.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:35 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

That's how I feel about this whole thing.
Fan. Tastic.

I have a feeling that this will be the Gif that keeps on giving.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote