HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Gm #28 Kings v. Wild, 12/8/11 - Post Game LOSS, Thoughts & Tidbits

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2011, 01:35 PM
  #126
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,705
vCash: 500
Yeah, as much as I want Penner to succeed, it seems we can only win if he's losing.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:02 PM
  #127
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Wirry Mitcherr is good defenseman. He onry pray defensivery, no offense. Hopefurry, Wirry Mitcherr return to Ros Angeres Kings soon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Did you try to get tix for the 29th? Or are you too far away from Winnipeg?

I have seen LA live 3-4 times, once in 95-96 (post-Gretzky) then 2-3 times when I lived in Edmonton. I am so excited for the 29th (I got seasons I split with friends for the Jets), it's going to be alot of fun, Dustin Brown jersey will be on!
No, I didn't. New job, Christmas, no money, etc. Plus yes, I'm not from Winnipeg, so I'd have to travel in. Just not the best timing for mefinancially. Hopefully the Kings come back to play next year.

Figures that once I'm old enough to pay my own way to go to the Jets games, they move and then come back in a different division/conference/whatever Bettman is calling them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
On the meeting in the room immediately following the game - "It's pretty obvious this isn't good enough to win. It's not a lack of effort. Everyone here wants to do well. Everyone wants to win. But, we have to do something different here, in this room as players, to find a way to win hockey games."

I wish there was a followup question to the "something different"? I would think he is towing the company line about "attitude", but it is strange that he added, "as players" to his statement.

When does Dean think this team hits rock bottom? 31st in offense?
If this was Toronto, TM would have been fired months ago because the media would have exposed him big time with follow-up questions to follow-up questions of questions that were follow-up questions. He'd be left uttering "derp" at the podium.

I'm surprised something the media in LA knows what a puck is and that Murray coaches hockey and not the Lakers, nevermind a follow up hockey question.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
  #128
Defgarden
Registered User
 
Defgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Wirry Mitcherr is good defenseman. He onry pray defensivery, no offense. Hopefurry, Wirry Mitcherr return to Ros Angeres Kings soon.
Sou desu ne! I pray dat Richards-san come back soon as werr. He have curry hair and can score a HATTRICKISERU BIG WIN FUN TIME!

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:31 PM
  #129
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,204
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Richards got the OK to start skating, can't practice yet, but he is back on the ice at least.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:45 PM
  #130
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!
 
PSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I'm surprised something the media in LA knows what a puck is and that Murray coaches hockey and not the Lakers, nevermind a follow up hockey question.
Look what the Kings have as one of their game day reporters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mrbJzGhkn8A

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:54 PM
  #131
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
No, I didn't. New job, Christmas, no money, etc. Plus yes, I'm not from Winnipeg, so I'd have to travel in. Just not the best timing for mefinancially. Hopefully the Kings come back to play next year.

Figures that once I'm old enough to pay my own way to go to the Jets games, they move and then come back in a different division/conference/whatever Bettman is calling them now.
Yah the timing was not great. My parents wanted me to go to their place in EDM over xmas break from uni, the 17th until 5th of January, I told them they fly me back by the 29th or I wouldn't come. They should be back once a season with the new schedule, you can bet I'll be there every time they are in the Peg.

Back on-topic, one of the more disturbing things I just noticed is the the Kings have played 17 of their 28 games at home. I do not think a single other team has that high of percentage of home games at this point, that just makes me even more worried. Terrible. All I want for Christmas is a new coach for the Kings. As a wake up call if nothing else.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:56 PM
  #132
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Back on-topic, one of the more disturbing things I just noticed is the the Kings have played 17 of their 28 games at home. I do not think a single other team has that high of percentage of home games at this point, that just makes me even more worried. Terrible. All I want for Christmas is a new coach for the Kings. As a wake up call if nothing else.
The good news is that the Kings are better on the road than at home. This also happens every season because of the February road trip because Staples is unavailable, I think for the Grammy's?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:05 PM
  #133
ru4reals
Registered User
 
ru4reals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
LOL, he did get more accomplished against an L.A. team tonight, didn't he?

The NBA is a ****ing joke. That is why I really didn't give a **** whether there was a season or not, I always had my hockey...

...but then, I am watching a Kings team that can't score if their life depended on it, so...

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:14 PM
  #134
ru4reals
Registered User
 
ru4reals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
The franchise gets sent face-first into the boards and looks to be seriously hurt...and nobody did a damn thing about it. There should have been a riot on the spot.

I hate this team. No heart or soul. The lack of reaction to this incident has got to be the low point of the season. Murray should be fired for numerous reasons, but the lack of a response to this play should be all the evidence anyone needs that a shakeup needs to occur.

"Make them pay on the power play". Jesus. Is Andy Murray back with his favorite enforcer, Power P. Play? Maybe he and Cap Space can inject some life into this team?
Amen brother!

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:56 PM
  #135
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Look what the Kings have as one of their game day reporters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mrbJzGhkn8A
I should have moved there to do sports before I left the media. Maybe I'll seek it out if my current job doesn't pan out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Yah the timing was not great. My parents wanted me to go to their place in EDM over xmas break from uni, the 17th until 5th of January, I told them they fly me back by the 29th or I wouldn't come. They should be back once a season with the new schedule, you can bet I'll be there every time they are in the Peg.

Back on-topic, one of the more disturbing things I just noticed is the the Kings have played 17 of their 28 games at home. I do not think a single other team has that high of percentage of home games at this point, that just makes me even more worried. Terrible. All I want for Christmas is a new coach for the Kings. As a wake up call if nothing else.
Well, depending on the timing next season, I'll be there!

I don't think we're going to keep it up with our road play for long. That's another troubling aspet. You can't keep relying on other teams to stink at home so you can make it into the playoffs.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:01 PM
  #136
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Look what the Kings have as one of their game day reporters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mrbJzGhkn8A
I couldn't help but notice this video in the suggestions on the side:



Darth Murray.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:07 PM
  #137
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
At least the next game in Dallas isnt until February. Either the Kings have turned it around with Murray or they have a new coach and play a much mire exciting style.


Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.